Stitch's Supersonic Celebration set to close

Jasonflz

Could they also close the Monster Inc Comedy Club, pleeeease? It's has never been near funny. And Stitch Encounter, oh please please bring back Alien Encounter, at least in one chamber....

I agree 100% completely. MILF is in desperate need of being moved to DHS. SGE is in desperate need of being moved to the trash heap.

Captain Chaos

From Mouseplanet:

"Stitch getting the boot, not a tune-up

Last week, we reported about rapidly spreading rumors of the pending closure of Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration for retooling. Amazingly, it appears that rather than tweaking the show and rebooting it, Disney is pulling the show outright. The last performance will be this coming Saturday, June 27.

It's unusual that Disney would cut a show so quickly after spending so much time and money preparing for it, including the construction of a huge stage and tech booth in the open space just past Rockettower Plaza in Tomorrowland. Perhaps by making a clean break on Saturday, they will be able to show savings for the company's fourth fiscal quarter, which starts the next day."

Hooray for more empty buildings in MK! (not)

A complete and utter waste of space, time, and money... Those people who approved this should have their heads roll...

wickedfan07

Perhaps they could retool the show (and use the same technology over again) with a Meet the Robinsons overlay. Meet the Robinsons wasn't a box-office smash, but it fits much better in Tomorrowland than Stitch does. Meet the Robinsons is unexplored in the parks, and as a result it has lots of potential when it comes to presenting new stories based on the film. It might not sell thousands of plush toys, but it would probably be more entertaining and refreshing than yet another Stitch attraction was.

Jasonflz

Perhaps they could retool the show (and use the same technology over again) with a Meet the Robinsons overlay. Meet the Robinsons wasn't a box-office smash, but it fits much better in Tomorrowland than Stitch does. Meet the Robinsons is unexplored in the parks, and as a result it has lots of potential when it comes to presenting new stories based on the film. It might not sell thousands of plush toys, but it would probably be more entertaining and refreshing than yet another Stitch attraction was.

Meet The Robinsons is not as well known as many would like to believe so chances are it won't happen. I really would like to though. (or at least a show starring Timekeeper and the Alien encounter alien.)

SirGoofy

You know what's sad. I GUARANTEE that some of Space Mountain's cut budget went to this crapfest because Phil P-ed his pants when he thought of a ride being closed for months at a time, so he built this. I guarantee it.

EPCOTPluto

You know what's sad. I GUARANTEE that some of Space Mountain's cut budget went to this crapfest because Phil P-ed his pants when he thought of a ride being closed for months at a time, so he built this. I guarantee it.

:eek::eek::eek: Please don't say that! That would be just terrible! Our Space Mountain does NOT!! (IMO...hopefully)

Umm...Is it really true SM had their budget reduced??

Fun2BFree

:brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick:

I am really starting to hate Stitch. It seems like they are going to keep him even after the refurb.

Unfortunate, but if Disney are keeping Stitch, it's because the show was 'well-received by guests' -- as much as 626 is shoved down throats, visitors keep asking for more. I can't blame Disney for giving guests what they want (essentially appealing to the lowest common-denominator), as it's foolish to think they don't know what they want and give them something more sophisticated. Not worth the gamble.

If anything, it could be a possibility that the show could return intact but with shade and seats.

GothMickey

:brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick:

I am really starting to hate Stitch. It seems like they are going to keep him even after the refurb.

But then we have this:

From Mouseplanet:

"Stitch getting the boot, not a tune-up

Last week, we reported about rapidly spreading rumors of the pending closure of Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration for retooling. Amazingly, it appears that rather than tweaking the show and rebooting it, Disney is pulling the show outright. The last performance will be this coming Saturday, June 27.

It's unusual that Disney would cut a show so quickly after spending so much time and money preparing for it, including the construction of a huge stage and tech booth in the open space just past Rockettower Plaza in Tomorrowland. Perhaps by making a clean break on Saturday, they will be able to show savings for the company's fourth fiscal quarter, which starts the next day."

From this article, Stitch isn't coming back. This is one of those wait and sees it looks like.

jakeman

Do you have a source for that? Or is it just a feeling you have?

jakeman

UGH...That's terrible.:brick:

LOL! I said that a few posts ago!

I never got to see it, but from alternative sources, it DID seemed stomach-churning to watch.
I enjoyed the Timekeeper references between shows.

p.s. 25 posts!!! :)
Keep in mind that he has not responded to my post.

There is a difference between a gut feeling and even unsubstantiated rumors.

Let SirGoofy clarify (if he chooses) before we start casting stones.

EPCOT Explorer

Keep in mind that he has not responded to my post.

There is a difference between a gut feeling and even unsubstantiated rumors.

Let SirGoofy clarify (if he chooses) before we start casting stones.

Right...But knowing SirGoof...I'm sure there's a reason to say it.:dazzle:

But you are right...Let's just wait...

SirGoofy

Do you have a source for that? Or is it just a feeling you have?

It is just a feeling you're right.:wave:

But, I have heard how Phil was shaking in his boots about having a major attraction down for 8 months. It's definitely not fact, but I've got a pretty good hunch.

AKA, take it in what sense thou will.:lol:

jakeman

It is just a feeling you're right.:wave:

But, I have heard how Phil was shaking in his boots about having a major attraction down for 8 months. It's definitely not fact, but I've got a pretty good hunch.

AKA, take it in what sense thou will.:lol:
No problem. I can't definitely see your thinking there.

However, next thing you know in the News and Rumors section:

Phillip Holmes spent all SM's money on Stitch and candy!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom