Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration latest construction photos

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Here ya go.

stitch.jpg

:hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl:

Rob562

That would be the control booth, since I believe this show will include live action performers, meaning they can't run the entire show by automated computers. They have to have people run it.

I will say this... It looks like it'll be the most obvious and visible tech booth of any of the live venues in WDW...

-Rob

SirGoofy

Kim Possible-Win
AIE-Slight win(Yes it's gotten a lot of positive reviews)
Space Mountain-Hopefully a win

This-EPIC FAIL

I mean they can't all be winners, right?:rolleyes:

Tom

Beta Return
I was also thinking that it might be a concession stand. Probably serving blue stitch drinks and chili dogs :lookaroun

I edited my post, but apparently too late. After looking at the photos again and counting concrete blocks, I see that the window is higher off the ground than I thought. It will put the Show Controller's heads slightly above the heads of guests on the ground.

I'm positive it's a Control Booth. Quote obtrusive though.

Actually I found a larger more detailed picture and here's the link to the page:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/entertainment/stitchs-supersonic-celebration/

stitch-1.jpg

Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration is a musical stage show that celebrates Galaxy Day in the Tomorrowland area of Magic Kingdom Theme Park. Get ready to party with a high-energy dance troupe and a very special live video appearance from Stitch. Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration is scheduled to debut late spring 2009.

A live broadcast of the Tomorrowland News Network, with your host Tip Trendo, is interrupted by a video transmission from Stitch, who has "borrowed" a space cruiser assigned to cover Galaxy Day—a special celebration where everyone around the galaxy celebrates everything worth celebrating.

Stitch is always up for a good party! Join Stitch, Tip, the singing Galactic Girls and some surprise guests for an out-of-this-world party filled with music and dancing. Learn some space-age dance moves and groove to old favorites and original songs with the intergalactic crew on stage.

Just because Stitch appears on a screen, don't think this show is the same every time! Stitch interacts with the audience, and every show is a unique experience filled with fun and surprises.

More Stitch at Magic Kingdom Theme Park

If you love Stitch, make sure to head over to the nearby Stitch's Great Escape! attraction and watch your favorite mischievous little blue alien attempt to escape from the extraterrestrial authorities.

What Will You Celebrate?

Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration is just one of many reasons to celebrate at Walt Disney World Resort.

Birthdays. Anniversaries. Reunions. Personal triumphs. Promising new beginnings.

Walt Disney World Resort makes it easy for you to magnify these moments in wonderful Disney style. Find out more ways that you and your family can "Celebrate Today!"

SirGoofy

^ I seriously just threw up a little.:hurl:

Now we get attractions themed to the God awful marketing campaigns? ON top of that they have the audacity to plug the biggest crapshoot in the MK: SGE.

GymLeaderPhil

Too bad the concept art does not include the ACTUAL existing Tomorrowland color scheme for the foreground buildings. It's going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Rob562

Too bad the concept art does not include the ACTUAL existing Tomorrowland color scheme for the foreground buildings. It's going to stick out like a sore thumb.

You know, I was just about to say that it looked like some kind of trailer-mounted structure that they parked at your local carnival, pushed a button, and it unfolded and parked itself there. Blech!

-Rob

jt04

You know, I was just about to say that it looked like some kind of trailer-mounted structure that they parked at your local carnival, pushed a button, and it unfolded and parked itself there. Blech!

-Rob

I wish it was so that if this doesn't work they could just hook it up and drive it away. I'm usually optimistic but this addition scares me. Is this Disney's response to Uni's new coaster and band shell?

wickedfan07

This show is only meant to run for the elngth of the Celebrate Today cmapaig, right? Why are they spending so much money to open a show for a year-long campaigh that, by the time this thing is ready to go, will already be 3-4 months old? Even if the show does (shudder) run longer than this campaign lasts, what are they going to use it for after? Is it going to sit there, out in the middle of Tomrrowland, like the Galaxy Palace did until Disney decided to build more parking spaces for MK execs (a bunch of whom just got laid off, mind you)? If they're building this massive structure in the middle of Tomorrowland with the idea that it will just sit there after this show eventually closes, that is just sad. The last thing the Magic Kingdom needs is an even more obvious sign of neglect.

icandrawem2

I did hear from someone (trustworthy source) that the stage elements will be built to last at least 5 years. Though this doesnt necessarily mean the show will be there for 5 years, I wouldnt expect it to be there any longer than that...Its just so oddly placed..."lets see where can we fit this huge box at?...oh how about right here"..and if you look at an aerial, its really the only place it can go thats sortof inside tomorrowland...without taking down the skyway building or any other structure...which is why it makes me wonder if it will be demolished in a few years...something to think about.

NewfieFan

Kim Possible-Win
AIE-Slight win(Yes it's gotten a lot of positive reviews)
Space Mountain-Hopefully a win

This-EPIC FAIL

I mean they can't all be winners, right?:rolleyes:

To be fair... I don't think we can give this a rating yet!?! If we listened to everybody on here we would have given AIE - epic fail! Now, I'm not into AIE myself but it is getting good reviews (as you've mentioned)... which just goes to show we can't judge this attraction yet either! We could be wrong about it!:eek: Shocking, I know... but it's possible! We haven't seen the stage in real life yet and we all know that the real thing is not always just like the concept art and we haven't even seen the show yet. Just b/c we all hate SGE doesn't make Stitch a bad character and doesn't make any future attractions/shows that contain him bad either. Let's judge it on a show by show or attraction by attraction basis, shall we!?! And let's certainly not judge it until we actually see it!

Who knows... this one could surprise us as well!?!

devoy1701

^ I seriously just threw up a little.:hurl:

Now we get attractions themed to the God awful marketing campaigns? ON top of that they have the audacity to plug the biggest crapshoot in the MK: SGE.

This is exactly how I feel about this attraction as well and I believe I mentioned that in a earlier post. Adding this show or a "celebration" themed show to the Galaxy Palace Theater would have been one thing...but constructing a whole new venue in the middle of Tomorrowland (on a heavily trafficked side if Space Mountain is getting backed up) is alittle over the top for a show that is based on the marketing campaign.

We are due up for a retheming soon...i remember seeing a couple posts on various sites about New-New-old Tomorrowland, though those might just be DL exclusive ideas. But with the Galaxy Palace Theater gone, this new venue, and an updated SM by the end of the year, we might see an overhaul of the color scheme once again in Tomorrowland...

still looks bad where it is IMO...

Chape19714

This is exactly how I feel about this attraction as well and I believe I mentioned that in a earlier post. Adding this show or a "celebration" themed show to the Galaxy Palace Theater would have been one thing...but constructing a whole new venue in the middle of Tomorrowland (on a heavily trafficked side if Space Mountain is getting backed up) is alittle over the top for a show that is based on the marketing campaign.

To be fair, Space Mountain will be closed by the time the show opens (if not shortly after.) I don't think Traffic will be a problem. Once Space Re-opens, they'll have re-worked the queue so backups won't be as extreme into this area.

^^This quite honestly doesn't look that bad to me :shrug: The problem I have with the thing is the location. It's like they just picked a random spot in Tomorrowland and went with it, and from the construction photos it just doesn't look like very much room for a crowd. The placement of the entire thing is what confuses me. The concept art seems to go with the neon lights and the Galaxy theme of Tomorrwland quite well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom