Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration latest construction photos

1disneydood

But will a cool lifesize AA Stitch teleport on stage, or the M&G walkaround Stitch? Honestly I have no desire to see another furry get down on stage like a stiff uncordinated cheerleader, savvy? :brick:

TiggersPooh

At least with this there is more live entertainment in MK

This can also be a good option for those too short/scared to go on SGE

That area of Tland was huge plot of land with nothing on it most people only walked over there to go to the smoking area or bathrooms.

I will not judge this until I see it. I am sure it will please younger kids thus their parents.

mrtoad

Looking at the photos, I am confused where this is. Is this in the old theater they just took out or is this in the middle of Tomorrowland and if so, where exactly is that?

Thanks!

mrtoad

Ugh! I could deal with it if it was in the theater but I hate when they plunk something down and ruin the flow of an area. They did that with the magic carpets. Adventureland used to have a nice open area and seem so much larger. They plunked down the carpets and the whole area seems strangled and small. This has the potential to do the same thing...

DisneyBoi1215

It's not really blocking flow of traffic from what I understand. It's right in front of the old Tomorrowland Skyway building, so everyone will be able to move around easily and with no harm.

Hummer1676

What a waste of space this is going to be. How come they didn't put it in the theater that was already there? They tore it up for no reason then.

It looks like somethign from Austin Powers! What an eyesore.

ToTBellHop

The second story is suppose to have a large screen with Stitch and the show is supposedly very similar to turtle talk with crush.
I would imagine this will be similar to the Stitch show that opened in Paris recently, then? It uses the Turtle Talk/MILF technology and features Stitch and Disney does love to clone attractions of late...(which would be fine if they were cloning GOOD attractions).

fngoofy

Possible... very possible he will pop out from the stage... And no, it doesn't matter cause this will still stink...

I don't get it, High School Musical setup a pep rally in Tomorrowland and I don't think people were as negative as this.

At least this is:
1. Bringing life into an area that was empty (other than the old load station for SkyBuckets.)

2. The structure is themed to the rest of Tomorrowland (can't say the same for HSM)

3. If they want to repurpose the stage in the future it is an easy thing to do since it seems to be themed to Tomorrowland rather than Stitch.

Also, the old theater was too out of the way to be a draw for people. With Stitch's location those waiting for others to ride SM or those eating at the Lunching Pad can now watch a show.

Neo222

I don't get it, High School Musical setup a pep rally in Tomorrowland and I don't think people were as negative as this.

At least this is:
1. Bringing life into an area that was empty (other than the old load station for SkyBuckets.)

2. The structure is themed to the rest of Tomorrowland (can't say the same for HSM)

3. If they want to repurpose the stage in the future it is an easy thing to do since it seems to be themed to Tomorrowland rather than Stitch.

Also, the old theater was too out of the way to be a draw for people. With Stitch's location those waiting for others to ride SM or those eating at the Lunching Pad can now watch a show.

I agree there, it would make things better for those people. As for the people who keep saying it will suck, you guys don't know yet, no one knows. It's still under construction, you can't see into the future. Besides, it's Disney World, its supposed to have lots of Disney themed stuff. Get a life.

At least this is:

I completely agree. I won't pass judgement til I see it but I don't see anything wrong with it as of yet :shrug:

If there is an outdoor screen, might explain the huge metal swooping roof installed last week...maybe to keep the screen out:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=414820 (pics towards the bottom of the first post).

Not looking forward to a stage show in tomorrowland. I love the area music...and I could stand in SM all day listening to the queue music.

Me too! I have it on my ipod, listen to it all the time :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The old theatre was the perfect place for a theatre. It was regularly packed out, with standing room only. The new one is just in the way. If the reopened Space Mountain goes 102 as a show is just starting it`ll make good old 20K look like an Omnimover.

TiggersPooh

I dont see why everyone is complaining. There was a stage there in the past (near that area) that was rarely used (prob for music days). It was not in the way before.

Im excited that there is live entertainment coming back to MK.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Okay...I've looked at all the pictures on the main site page and also those on the thread mentioned.

I have a though (dangerous, I know).

The smaller building actually matches the concept art. Almost perfectly. If you look at the concept art, the screen is just feet above the dancer's heads. Now, if you look at the large building, that scale wouldn't even be close.

The large "swooping" overhand could just be to match the rest of tomorrowland's architecture. Add neon lights at the base and light it up, and it'd match perfectly. Now, the question is if that is not a show building, what is it? My guess would be bathrooms. Compare the size of this building to the size of the bathrooms in Epcot's Future World. I know it's quite a bit taller, but it could house the bathrooms, plus show lighting for the Stitch show on the upper level, which would show why it has large opening up top.

This possiblity actually has me excited, as that would leave the old skyway building with no official use, and it could be removed to make way for something new and better.

Thoughts?

Thorphin

Originally, this was supposed to open in April.... the WDW site says "late-spring".... I don't suppose anyone has heard a revised opening date? Judging what we're seeing right now, it seems like April would be pushing it....

SoccerMickey

Originally, this was supposed to open in April.... the WDW site says "late-spring".... I don't suppose anyone has heard a revised opening date? Judging what we're seeing right now, it seems like April would be pushing it....

I don't see it opening in April. As for the Galaxy Palace Theatre, that is a real loss for Magic Kingdom because that is the only stage that has wings and a dream for anyone performing on it. Not to mention the loss of Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom