Stitch's Great Move Out?

voodoo321

And I rode M2M as a child and walked away thinking it was quite lame. Stitch would have blown me away if I saw it then. Of course I was playing pong or Atari2600 at home at the time. That said, I think M2M might be better than MS, either version. I love almost every other ride in the World btw.

Raychul

I really and truly wish Disney would figure out a way to get a decent attraction into that location. There has NEVER been anything good in that spot. Alien Encounter was god-awful, and Stitch's Great Escape is worse than that.

*gasp* Oh I LOVED that ride! Used to be my favorite before it got the family-friendly treatment.

imagineer boy

Alien Encounter was one of the most amazing things Disney has ever created. Fantastic use of story, characters, setting, animatronics, special effects, creativity, really good scares, everything worked. Its such a shame...

WDW FTW

Stitch needs to go, sorry little guy but one chili dog burp did it for me you wont be seeing me anytime soon. Everything else (attraction-wise) in tomorrowland is great.

RedFurredCadet

I like the idea of utilizing Stitch, just not in the current form. Now, an intergalactic zoo ride featuring stitch as well as more intense creatures would be cool.

Hmmm, I think we might be onto something... perhaps we could have an alien experiment zoo as a potential replacement - one on ground and basement levels. All I know is, I'd rather meet an alien exp. through a glass window than face chilli-dog breath. I think a chance to meet the exps. might do their reputation justice.

You think?

ABigBrassBand

I LOVED Alien Encounter. The original (or 2nd iteration after Eisner had them go back and make it better) was an amazing assault on the senses. Maybe not 100% Disney-like, but 'cmon, it's not like it was that racy either.

Let's not forget that thousands of people (little kids included) witness a SUICIDE at the Haunted Mansion every single day.

I never got this either. Having a Haunted Mansion full of "disturbing" images and a PotC that displays sexism and is fine, but AE is too far? :ROFLOL:

Theosus

i totally agree, as alien encounters was one of my favorite rides. i do think it has alot to do with popularity, but remember that the waits are shorter because there are multiple rooms used for the attraction, and it seats a LOT of people per session. that may explain the constant low wait time.

i like the concept of the ride but truley miss the grown up alien encounter experience.

I'm old enough to remember that ride as the moon launch. I loved going back after many years and seeing the extraterrorestrial alien encounter.
Haven't seen stitch's escape. Even though you knew it was fake, that alien thing was creepy.

PalisadesPkteer

I miss Timekeeper as well. They really need to get SGE out of there.

If they used the "friendly' type Stitch in an other attraction it might work.
(NOT the Tiki Room!) Perhaps a Wall-E change would work.

Magenta Panther

There are plans. Wether it happens who knows. There are logistics and budget, not to mention the will to do it.

It really is a terrible attraction, IMO, and that's such a shame because so much art and craft went into it. It's the story, alas - it has none of the charm and humor of the movie it's based on. Bad show. Hope it gets changed and SOON.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom