Stitch's Great Move Out?

dxwwf3

But when it first opened back in 2004, it had long lines. Did it not have a high capacity then?

Once anything is new it will have long lines. The capacity for that attraction is pretty darn big in defense of the attraction though. The problem is that the lines dropped off years faster than they did for AE. And nowadays, the attraction is basically a walk on on most days. If a line is posted for longer than a 15 min wait, you know it is very crowded in the park.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
As long as it's at least being used I'm perfectly fine with it there. If I don't like it, I don't see it, simple as that.

Now lets talk about something that REALLY needs to be fixed (Country Bears, Wonders of Life, Upstairs Imageworks, JIIWF, Sounds Dangerous, and the abandoned skyway station at Tomorrowland) :)

On second thought, I don't see much of a difference.

But you've gotta admit, not even the current Imagination attraction is as bad as Sound Dangerous in it's current stage!

I've got an idea, so i'll make it quick. Put a bomb in all the main places of SGE, open it to all public to watch, and keep bombing it for a month till the whole place is nothing but ash :sohappy:

I love Stitch and was super excited when i saw that he was getting an attraction and that AE was going away as I think that was the worst MK attraction ever, I only ever went on it once and was not really sure what it was doing in the MK.

Now my big issue with SGE is that someone didn't do their homework when they made the attraction. The call it a Prequal to the movie, so then why does stitch refer to himself as Stitch? He didnt get that name until he met Lilo. At this time he would have only been known as 626. I get the reasoning behind calling him Stitch in the ride was because of the fact that the Average Joe Family probably has no idea who 626 is but most likely knows who Stitch is.

I have seen the videos on YouTube of the Tiki Room in Japan that has Stitch and I love it, my only issue is that the original tiki song is completely gone. At least in ours, part of it is sung before Iago interrupts.

David S.

I have seen the videos on YouTube of the Tiki Room in Japan that has Stitch and I love it, my only issue is that the original tiki song is completely gone. At least in ours, part of it is sung before Iago interrupts.

EXCELLENT point. IMO, at least the original, iconic, classic Tiki Room theme song should always be in the show. And another thing the Japanese version is currently missing is the ORIGINAL hosts - Jose, Michael, Pierre, and Fritz, who are all in UNM!

As a Tiki Room fan, I want the original hosts to always have a home in the MK attraction, regardless of how many new Tiki shows may come about. (Just as Melvin, Buff, Max, Henry, and all the other original Country Bear Jamboree performers are in both of the CBJ sequels, although Sammy the Racoon was replaced in Vacation Hoedown by a singing skunk! )

cheezbat

Eliminate Stitch.

Captain EO made a return, why can't Alien Encounter do the same? I loved it. Still wish it was around at at least ONE of the Disney parks in the world, but nope...the only one got trashed for a garbage replacement.

Bring it back....

Or build a new and fun dark ride in it's place.

Skipper Dan

AE had a height requirement--44" I believe (same as Space Mountain). And Stitch, in fact, also has one. 40".

I am probably the only person who honestly doesn't have a problem with Stitch's Great Escape. Alien Encounter terrified me, I do believe the fact that Disney attempting to step out of the comfort zone was a good thing, but not in the "horror" sense.

Thrill Seeker

Actually, AE I believe was 35" or something like that. They rose the height requirement for Stitch.
Since the Tiki room apparently needs new Management, I think Stitch would make a good replacement...

wolfhunt

Hi all,

I'm new to these boards but wanted to chime in on this discussion.

As others have said there are multiple showrooms in SGE. I like SGE but never got to WDW when the attraction was Alien Encounter (I'm a recent convert to Disney :p)

My idea would be to refurb the attraction so that one showroon would remain SGE while the other showroom could be turned back into Alien Encounter. It would be sort of be like the green/orange versions of Mission Space. Green, you get Stitch, Orange, you get the Alien Encounter. The only difficulty would be how to change the second preshow room to reflect whichever version you are seeing. (The first preshow room should be easy since it's just a video).

You get two attractions in the space of one and everyone can choose what version they want.

Cmdr_Crimson

It makes me wonder if the animated film Lilo & Stitch was never made and if Stitch's Great Escape was there as a Park Based only attraction before Alien Encounter was ever there...Would you think that it would have been a bit darker if it came out during the early 90's?

totaldisneygirl

They definitely have enough room to put an actual ride with maybe an omnimover in there. Maybe they can keep stitch but make it more like a ride. Maybe they'll end up doing a Tron ride in there...Anything is better than Stitch's Great Escape :hurl:

My idea would be to refurb the attraction so that one showroon would remain SGE while the other showroom could be turned back into Alien Encounter. It would be sort of be like the green/orange versions of Mission Space. Green, you get Stitch, Orange, you get the Alien Encounter. The only difficulty would be how to change the second preshow room to reflect whichever version you are seeing. (The first preshow room should be easy since it's just a video).

This is actually a really good idea. Although I would have them keep the same theme(either both stitch or both alien).

nelsond1231

tron would be a good idea but i dont think they have that much room to make a quality tron ride. i like stitch but not as good as alien encounter the way the ride is set up is unique and very cool they just need something that is worth putting in there

ToTBellHop

They definitely have enough room to put an actual ride with maybe an omnimover in there. Maybe they can keep stitch but make it more like a ride. Maybe they'll end up doing a Tron ride in there...Anything is better than Stitch's Great Escape :hurl:
do they have room for a ride? I seem to remember Disneyland's version becoming a counter service...Redd Rocketts? Doesn't mean it couldn't have fit more, though. I feel like if you take out Star Traders, Merchant of Venus, and Cosmic Ray's, the remaining space is still smaller than even Buzz is.

Crazy Harry

Here's proof of how bad Stitich is; the wife liked Imagination but not Stitch. Now that's bad :ROFLOL:

Now, for a slightly different but related topic, I think that Alien Encounter would still be in existence if it were built at Disneyland instead. Lots of locals visit DL and LA is a tougher place (or maybe that is just my perception.) I just think the locals would have handled it better in terms of the intensity. I know that means it wouldn't have been at WDW, but atleast it would have been somewhere :cry:

I like SGE. I mean I really think Alien Encounter was better and more original but I do like Stitch. I mean it's basically the same attraction just less intense.

FigmentJedi

You get two attractions in the space of one and everyone can choose what version they want.

Could still easily follow the whole Galactic Prison Guard theme though. Two prisoners coming in: a small one and a monster-y one. Pick your poison. Maybe even have a clash between the two in the Alien Encounter mode one.

Bender!

My first trip was the first year they had SGE so I grew up with that...and I never really liked it much. I go once every trip because I love Stitch, but I mean it doesn't have much appeal beyond its franchise. I would actually much rather go to the Laugh Floor next door.

ToTBellHop

Here's proof of how bad Stitich is; the wife liked Imagination but not Stitch. Now that's bad :ROFLOL:

Now, for a slightly different but related topic, I think that Alien Encounter would still be in existence if it were built at Disneyland instead. Lots of locals visit DL and LA is a tougher place (or maybe that is just my perception.) I just think the locals would have handled it better in terms of the intensity. I know that means it wouldn't have been at WDW, but atleast it would have been somewhere :cry:
I believe there were actually plans to bring Alien Encounter to DL in the 1990s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom