Stitch's Great Escape TEST RUN!

matt&helen

I apologize beforhand if this has been asked and answered. What is the heighth requirement? I've seen only two posts so far on this. One stating 35" and another stating 40". I am going to have a very dissapointed 37" daughter if it is 40".

Steve4wdw

DarkMeasures said:
Well, I probably wont be on Stitch for 10 years. (college, and having career long enough to pay to go down).

Next time I go to Disney, I probably have to pay for everything myself.

I could be wrong...but sounds to me like you need to try DCP! (I'll be there in 2 years from now!)

HMGhost13

what i find funny is that parents knew ahead of time that AE was going to be scary for children. complained when they were frightened. and it was changed.

yet the haunted mansion, in which i have seen kids come off of it crying, kids not wanting to go back on, hasn't been changed to "The Happy Go Lucky Mansion"

*shrugs* oh well. i'll be interested in riding SGE but i'll probably be comparing it to AE too much to ride it more often.

aimster

kodakcastmember said:
Good idea. I always found myself calling these things rides, but then I said to myself, "this isn't a ride." I see that you live in Tampa. Do you have a season pass since you are so close? I would have one if I didn't work in a park. I'd be there all the time . . . Oh wait! I already am. hehe :lol:
I used to have an annual pass a few years ago, but when it was time to renew I couldn't afford it. I'd like to eventually get another one though. Right now I have a Play 4 Days pass and I got 2 days left on it that I need to use before it expires on November 21st.

dmagickingdom

thank you!!!!

LOL, some people around here take things way too seriously :). Welcome to the boards, kodakcastnmember. And thank you for the info - it sounds exciting, and gets me excited and gives me hope that I may get to attend one of these previews on my trip Oct 21st. It's always great to hear from CM's - and not just people that think they are. :rolleyes:

AEfx[/QUOTE]

Thanks for saying that...many people here take this stuff way too seriously. Someone comes in trying to give some insite and I could tell that it was valid...(the comments made by kodak) but because he is new, or doesn't post often, (kinda like me) he is not "one of the real ones" and they need a veteran to "confirm" it. LOL...anyway, as stated above, welcome kodakcastnmember and if they don't want to hear it on the boards, please feel free to email me and your supporters personally...i will gladly listen to you without "confirmation"...oh but my wife is a CM @ MK and YES, there was public testing going on!!!

DroppedBurger

Account Suspended
kodakcastmember said:
GREAT NEWS!

Today (10-11-04) I had the great opportunity to participate in the first public test run for Stitch's Great Escape. Guests who happened to be in the right place at the right time (like me) were allowed to experience the attraction. Once in the still closed off cue area were greeted at the entrance by a Disney Imagineer. He said that this was the first run for anyone in the public outside of the team that has worked on the attraction. He explained that the test was basically for audio levels and such. There were few glitches at all that I could notice; however, several are expected in an attraction that is not scheduled to open for another month. Basically, the only task that I can see that still needs to be completed is another coat of paint here and there

It was a fun experience. It is filled with crazy antics, funny moments, great sounds, even actual smells! You will not be disappointed by this attraction when it opens on NOVEMBER 16TH!!
Oh please I don't believe a word of this. Some of you are quick to believe things. How likely is it that someone who just joined would know this info...Give me a break!

barnum42

DroppedBurger said:
Oh please I don't believe a word of this. Some of you are quick to believe things. How likely is it that someone who just joined would know this info...Give me a break!
As the details within their post have been verified by more established members with good reputations include one person I have personally met that works at Magic Kingdom, it seems quite likely.

peter11435

DroppedBurger
Just Joined
WDWMAGIC Guest

Ummm, yeah I dont think you should talk then either. Really though what does how long he has been on this site have to do with him getting in SGE.

AEfx

DroppedBurger said:
Um, there are THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of people who have much more info about things like this that don't come to this website. Do you think that being a member of this website is a prerequisite to knowing anything about WDW? Come on...

All this info has been confirmed since - there definately were test runs going on.

Then again, who cares what you believe...

AEfx

pepsistar

This is a little off topic so sorry--

AIMSTER Just wanted to ask you if you knew that you can use the $$ you paid for the Play Four Pass towards your seasonal/annual pass? This really helps with the cost! :D The only drawback is that your anniversary (sp?) date will be the date you first used your play four pass-- Still it sure helps! That is what we did. You need to check on the last date that you can do it is though-- I think it is the last day you can use your Play Four ? :lookaroun

About Stich-- I was there on the 11th, and missed getting in- after watching and waiting, and waiting for almost four hours! :eek: What made it sooo bad is I saw them, I saw them, getting in!!! :cry: So I will have to wait until I get to go again--- :(

Thanks Kodakcastmember for the info!! and welcome to the site! Always happy to hear new, news from castmembers helps me get over my WDW homesickness-- :sohappy:

Atta83

DroppedBurger said:

How can you say you dont believe this, I know photodave219 who gave a heads up on what it was. The ride is being tested, if you dont believe it go to the park and experience it yourself.

Beastluvgrl99

wowies! stitch looks amazing!

I saw the pics of stitch and I most say.....(grules) looks amazing and sooooooo frickin life like hehehehehe! I first thought this was taking over Snow White but I'm happy it isnt but I wonder so many people in the Animatroic industrie say this is Disney most soffisticated (sry for bad spelling) animtronic yet..it looks visually through stills but can anyone whos been on the test tell me it's true?
Thanks!

Legacy

Beastluvgrl99 said:
I saw the pics of stitch and I most say.....(grules) looks amazing and sooooooo frickin life like hehehehehe! I first thought this was taking over Snow White but I'm happy it isnt but I wonder so many people in the Animatroic industrie say this is Disney most soffisticated (sry for bad spelling) animtronic yet..it looks visually through stills but can anyone whos been on the test tell me it's true?
Thanks!
:wave:

Welcome to Magic! Please keep arms and legs inside the website at all times. Eating, drinking, smoking, and flash photography ARE allowed, however trolling is not.

Beastluvgrl99

Legacy said:
:wave:

Welcome to Magic! Please keep arms and legs inside the website at all times. Eating, drinking, smoking, and flash photography ARE allowed, however trolling is not.
LOL....I...guess..................sry if i just am like a country mouse in the city but...please....just answer my question..
(takes deep breath)
ARE THE ANIMATRONICS GOOD OR WHAT?????

Legacy

Beastluvgrl99 said:
LOL....I...guess..................sry if i just am like a country mouse in the city but...please....just answer my question..
(takes deep breath)
ARE THE ANIMATRONICS GOOD OR WHAT?????
I haven't seen them personally, so I wouldn't know. But the pictures I have seen look dang good.

Jenngusto

I am sooo hoping to have a ride during our trip in early November. Even though we do not have AP's I am hoping to have luck on our side and be able to be part of a test run.

kodakcastmember

Original Poster
Thanks to all you guys who stuck up for a "lowly cast member who can't be trusted because he is new here" and his story. It's those of you that took the time to read and saw merit in my report that will keep me returning to the boards! Thank You!

KodakCastMember (KCM for short if you want . . . a bit easier than typing the whole thing out)

AEfx

kodakcastmember said:
Thanks to all you guys who stuck up for a "lowly cast member who can't be trusted because he is new here" and his story. It's those of you that took the time to read and saw merit in my report that will keep me returning to the boards! Thank You!

KodakCastMember (KCM for short if you want . . . a bit easier than typing the whole thing out)
It's NP, and I'm glad they didn't scare you off.

See, even though this place is all about Disney and the magic inherent at WDW, some people tend to loose sight of it around here when posting (I know I have before).

Many of us are so glad you posted, as this is the news and RUMORS board. Most of us are here for fun, not deadly serious mission:critical our-life-depends-on the accuracy and verifiablility of every tidbit we read. It's so great to hear from CM's, and we hope you continue to do so!

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom