Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Raineman

The Google search you have been told about should get you there.

It is honestly not as bad as some people here make it out to be. I actually do visit it on a daily basis. They do tend to have headlines that are a bit on the "clickbait" side in terms of how they are worded. And sometimes they run with a rumor that has no basis in fact. Plus, the owner of the site can tend to get testy with people who question him and his site. But, honestly, they do also run a lot of good content.

I do not think they uphold the same standards for their content as WDWMagic or The DIS. But I also don't think they are an absolute cesspool of worthless information as others here sometimes seem to think.
I just checked it out. I will be staying with WDW Magic for my WDW news, as it sounds like people here, aka @marni1971 , are more reliable when it comes to WDW news. Also, very rarely on here does the site admin post rumors as fact, and it sounds like The Site That Shall Not Be Named does this on a regular basis.

Tom P.

Could be an arcade, a vr, or even a small star tours style thing.. but yeah no room for an omnimover.
Honestly it might not fit but.... with tron coming...
6048361678_849a24ff19_z.jpg

then again isn't there an issue with arcades in Florida? or is that just for ticket givers.
It is just for games where you can win prizes. Arcades are still fine, as evidenced by them being present all throughout the Disney resorts.

I would love to see Flynn's Arcade done as part of a Tron theme, but only if it has the actual video games of that era!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I just checked it out. I will be staying with WDW Magic for my WDW news, as it sounds like people here, aka @marni1971 , are more reliable when it comes to WDW news. Also, very rarely on here does the site admin post rumors as fact, and it sounds like The Site That Shall Not Be Named does this on a regular basis.
Thank you. But Tom is a pussy cat when you know him. I do, but I do know most of the Orlando bloggers / site admins. Without sounding smug.

Magic had been my home for 19 years though. And I’m sure people have reasons why they may not get along with other people.

Last edited:

HoraceHorizons

alien zoo was one of the best unused concepts out there. it also had a cool logo too. I would totally want that to replace stitch. unlikely it would be a non-ip alien zoo though sadly if it were to be brought back.

We're all just looking for info on things that excite us. Speculation or not, it's all moving in the same direction, eh?
To change the subject a bit -

I often wonder what Disney does with it's defunct animatronics. Tom's site is reporting they are using the Stich characters for parts so that kinda nullifies the idea of an Alien Zoo, assuming they would choose to use those old characters by default. An Alien Zoo really is a great idea and a way to marry all kinds of IP's to the interest of many. For instance, if Disney thought to save the A L I E N animatronic/s from The Great Movie Ride, knowing they would possibly be buying FOX... Using an idea like this to get the actual xenomorph/Alien into the old Alien Encounter space would be a great little nod to Disney and Alien nerds, who remember when Alien Encounter was meant to be an A L I E N (franchise) Encounter.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

We're all just looking for info on things that excite us. Speculation or not, it's all moving in the same direction, eh?

I often wonder what Disney does with it's defunct animatronics. Tom's site is reporting they are using the Stich characters for parts so that kinda nullifies the idea of an Alien Zoo. Which is a great idea. If Disney thought to save the Alien animatronics from The Great Movie Ride, knowing they would possibly be buying FOX. Using an idea like this to get the actual xenomorph/Alien into the old Alien Encounter space would be a great little nod to Disney and Alien nerds, who remember when Alien Encounter was meant to be an A L I E N (franchise) Encounter.
Xenomorph figure did make it into the archives. Was featured in some Halloween villains exhibit at the Burbank lot last fall

matt9112

I often wonder what Disney does with it's defunct animatronics. Tom's site is reporting they are using the Stich characters for parts so that kinda nullifies the idea of an Alien Zoo, assuming they would choose to use those old characters by default. An Alien Zoo really is a great idea and a way to marry all kinds of IP's to the interest of many. For instance, if Disney thought to save the A L I E N animatronic/s from The Great Movie Ride, knowing they would possibly be buying FOX... Using an idea like this to get the actual xenomorph/Alien into the old Alien Encounter space would be a great little nod to Disney and Alien nerds, who remember when Alien Encounter was meant to be an A L I E N (franchise) Encounter.

ypu think alien would be green lit into a castle park?

Disney Maddux

That Site had SGE closing for good three times only to find that it opened again seasonally. When I pointed out that their third time was the third time, the owner definitively said it wasn't. I linked the other two times. No response. I'm blocked from commenting there anymore.

That pretty much sums up That Site.
Someone asked them what source rhey got it from, and they refused to share it.

Man, I REALLY wonder where they got it... *wink wink*

TwilightZone

So, while checking out the new Dinosaur uniforms on the site that can’t be named, I also saw an article that SGE has already been dismantled and that Skippy’s been destroyed for parts.

@marni1971 @Magic Feather can either of you confirm?
Aw RIP skippy if true. He should have been marked as important like buzzy was! Guess disney regrets Alien Encounter and SGE THAT much.

trainplane3

Someone asked them what source rhey got it from, and they refused to share it.

Man, I REALLY wonder where they got it... *wink wink*
Now that's something I can't fault them for. He probably does have sources much like how @marni1971 has his. Martin never discloses his sources and that site won't either. Why would people expect that?

"Special thanks to Jim McBob in the WDI AA division for this info!". No, that's just plain, flat out stupid. That's called "how to lose credibility" when you start getting people fired.

No one in their right mind would ever do that. Regardless of the site, no one should expect that. There are times when He puts a rumor up and Martin expands on it to set a realistic expectation. But mostly Martin beats him to the punch for everything but in a calm, not click baity manner.

It's wrong when they steal info, but in this case I haven't seen a post on here saying SGE has been dismantled so I don't think we beat them to that. To be honest, we all probably stopped caring about SGE to even ask in the first place.

Edit: @Zootopia Dude, this was not an attack on you. This was meant as a general post. I've seen a few people in the past ask for sources and instantly jump on the "oh he's stealing from site X" and it does get annoying.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom