Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

TwilightZone

I think the space itself too very much limits what can be done.
If they decide to keep the theaters as is then the only options I can think of is either getting rid of the thrill aspects to make a theater show or keep the thrill aspects and make it into a new thrill ride. Only problem is that there is not a lot of ips that can fit either.

Cesar R M

I'll explain. I love all things Disney. I love many rides and characters. I am a passholder. I don't have an obsession with one character. I simply really was looking forward to this. And the manner in which I missed it is upsetting. My girlfriend had never experienced it and I wanted the chance for us to see it together. So that's my reason.

I'm a stitch fan and I have to tell you that I came out of the attraction with a "thats all?".

The attraction is boring... they failed to use those two animatronics at its best. In the last time we went, the poor Stitch animatronic was heavily damaged for lack of maintenance (skin cut , you could see the animatronic parts below one of the eyes, ripped skin, etc..)

I just hope they will rehuse these two animatronics for a good new show.
Hell, they could add the animatronic to the tiki birds if they are going to put a lilo & stitch theme there.

The entirety of Dinorama especially since it was supposed to be temporary from day one.
Chester%20%26%20Hester%2035.jpg
aaa yes, the mythical "temporal" disney attractions. Reminds me of the 10 long BAH years.

The WiR idea died a long time ago according to our insiders. They've been vacillating on what to do with the space ever since.
If they do not want to put an attraction, just gut the space, expand the restaurant and put 2 shows.. one with Sonny Eclipse's themed to future.
And the other themed to Elvis's Stitch.

I will never understand Disney's (Iger) love for empty soundstages and attraction areas rotting for decades.

If they decide to keep the theaters as is then the only options I can think of is either getting rid of the thrill aspects to make a theater show or keep the thrill aspects and make it into a new thrill ride. Only problem is that there is not a lot of ips that can fit either.
Agree, a show could be nice too!

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
The more I think about it the more I'd prefer they just re-purpose the building as Tomorowland's Interplanetary Visitors Center (atleast in appearance)

To lose an attraction is one thing... to lose an IP, that could be a blessing in disguise! Imagine a multi-purpose building used to house a lounge area hub with a terminal/train station-like interior featuring meta themed shops anchored by a similarly-inspired planetarium show riffing on planet destinations and TTA's travel service. The other theater space could serve as a Galactic Meet-n-Greet featuring the Cosmic Dance Crew; enclosed of course! Eh, it's an idea. Why not use the"Tomorrowland" concept as the basis for the building. A companion to Tomorowland's Transit Authority.

EricsBiscuit

The more I think about it the more I'd prefer they just re-purpose the building as Tomorowland's Interplanetary Visitors Center (atleast in appearance)

To lose an attraction is one thing... to lose an IP, that could be a blessing in disguise! Imagine a multi-purpose building used to house a lounge area hub with a terminal/train station-like interior featuring meta themed shops anchored by a similarly-inspired planetarium show riffing on planet destinations and TTA's travel service. The other theater space could service as a Meet-n-Greet and Dance party, enclosed of course! Why not use the"Tomorrowland" concept as the basis for the building. A companion to Tomorowland's Transit Authority.
There is nothing wrong with IP and that will never happen. I prefer them just demo the theater and Starlight and build that Incredibles attraction. They can always build another restaurant in TL and stick good ol' Sunny in it.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
There is nothing wrong with IP and that will never happen. I prefer them just demo the theater and Starlight and build that Incredibles attraction. They can always build another restaurant in TL and stick good ol' Sunny in it.

Incredibles!? God No! What does that have to do with Science Fiction?
(tongue-in-cheek as I recall a rumored plan to incorporate Incredibles in CoP :shudders to think: )

I'm not discounting IPs, not at all! I just don't think there are any IPs that fit Tomorrowland well, excluding Stitch.

I'd much rather Imagineering create something original or in the same vein of Classic Disney. IPs can and do work in attractions but more often than not I find they are shoe-horned to fit based on Iger's "character of the month" mandate. Shoving "The Incredibles" into Tomorrowland... that's the antithesis of a good attraction, IMO.

Next Big Thing

Question for anyone who may know: Was the animation used in SGE done at D-MGM Florida Animation? I know Lilo & Stitch was one of the films that was produced there if memory serves correct.

WDWTank

Incredibles!? God No! What does that have to do with Science Fiction?
(tongue-in-cheek as I recall a rumored plan to incorporate Incredibles in CoP :shudders to think: )

I'm not discounting IPs, not at all! I just don't think there are any IPs that fit Tomorrowland well, excluding Stitch.

I'd much rather Imagineering create something original or in the same vein of Classic Disney. IPs can and do work in attractions but more often than not I find they are shoe-horned to fit based on Iger's "character of the month" mandate. Shoving "The Incredibles" into Tomorrowland... that's the antithesis of a good attraction, IMO.
I agree 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000%

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
AE showed you can have a thrilling theatre show in the space.

Bender123

AE showed you can have a thrilling theatre show in the space.

I wish they would go back to AE, but with the Fox purchase, include the Alien IP. This is one of the few times I can think of, where an IP could enhance an attraction without seeming forced. It was a great attraction, but just horribly mis-located in the MK.

I know this will never happen, but one could hope. It was one of the best theater based "horror" attractions ever...Too bad it was in a park aimed at younger families and not in the studio, which would have been much more appropriate.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I wish they would go back to AE, but with the Fox purchase, include the Alien IP. This is one of the few times I can think of, where an IP could enhance an attraction without seeming forced. It was a great attraction, but just horribly mis-located in the MK.

I know this will never happen, but one could hope. It was one of the best theater based "horror" attractions ever...Too bad it was in a park aimed at younger families and not in the studio, which would have been much more appropriate.
Too bad stupid guests ignored the numerous warnings. But we digress.

Creathir

Premium Member

100% agree.

AE was a perfect ride for the space, controversial yes, but at the same time amazing.

Figment Newton

Wings and Speedway were a product of their time, and a perfect fit in the 70s. Unlike MILF.

And yes, I’m still sore over the Timekeeper fiasco.
Are you referring to its "seasonal" operation or something else?

Timekeeper was one of those attractions, like Wonders of Life, that I always wanted to see, but never could due to its "seasonal" operation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom