Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Stitch looks to be bowing out soon per the official calendar provided it isn't updated to reflect new days of operation. Season is done so I guess Stitch is done. For now it looks like the end is nigh for Experiment 626's theater in the round. That day is Jan 6th.

Last edited:

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
That was the original idea.

But why sacrifice a perfectly good ride system and concept?

Does that explain the delay or lack of progress in it's replacement? Honestly the mechanics and concept are solid. It's the story that's bad. Nothing a new script and IP can't fix. Gutting only makes sense if they're dropping the theater aspect.

Last edited:

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
The replacement will be: A.E.
...of the "Titan" variety courtesy of the 20th Century Fox acquisition.
The attraction however will be based on an all new live action movie out in theaters 2025
The attraction will launch in Spring 2028, due to delays in construction.
After 5 years in service the attraction will again be shutdown.
The Titan A.E AAs will be relocated to IPCOT in a new darkride show to replace Spaceship Earth... which will close in 2040; the year the world ends.
In a strange twist of fate; Stitch the infamous character of Disney park brands has become an idol, deity and celebrated plush doll for the After Earth survivors.
Beloved by all, a new themepark park celebrating his character will be built on New Earth. Stitch will be the official park mascot and brand ambassador of DisAppleizon, a media conglomerate headed by CEO, Bob Iger-bot.

... are you still reading this? I just wanted to see how far I could take it.

Last edited:

Kman101

If they can't seem to figure out what to put there, why not try a new script and update the show featuring Stitch? Or has Stitch lost his luster (I know they tried to do away with his meet and greet) and they think an attraction featuring him isn't worth re-doing? I'm MORE than open for a new idea going in there but you'd think if they couldn't decide on the replacement they'd re-do the show itself. A new script could do wonders. I don't really have an issue with Stitch, it's the bad script.

Of course I'd also take Alien Encounter back over Stitch in a heartbeat. Stitch was a quick fix and boy does it show.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

If they can't seem to figure out what to put there, why not try a new script and update the show featuring Stitch? Or has Stitch lost his luster (I know they tried to do away with his meet and greet) and they think an attraction featuring him isn't worth re-doing? I'm MORE than open for a new idea going in there but you'd think if they couldn't decide on the replacement they'd re-do the show itself. A new script could do wonders. I don't really have an issue with Stitch, it's the bad script.

Of course I'd also take Alien Encounter back over Stitch in a heartbeat. Stitch was a quick fix and boy does it show.
they did redo the script several times to bring in audiences and scare the kids less. I think they even had added audio (that no longer exists of course) of a little kid going "look there's stitch!" at one point (I think it's a woman now, which makes less sense but whatever). that and the ride still scaring kids no matter how many script changes they did makes it way less likely that stitch will ever work and it ever coming back aside of it being used during peak season.

Jones14

Two sets of racecar sims under a Turtle Trek-esque dome whe both current theaters are. Both preshows turned into queue. 3D glasses were involved in the longest held version. The plan went from VR->3D->2D->Dead
That would have been neat, if unambitious. Can you answer whether you like the new idea better and whether it could come to fruition by the 50th?

Cmdr_Crimson

I've decided that the Peoplemover audio is The New Enemy. Last time I was in the MK I was looking for a place to sit and chill. The open area between Buzz and Space Mountain looked great. Except for the loud dance party. Move away from that and you get that loud Peoplemover audio saying the same thing over and over and over again. Move away from that and you have clinky clanky electronic music of the land, because, you know, in the future, everyone listens to buzzing, clinking, shrill sine waves for music.

And then I realized why that area in Tomorrowland was empty.

I have found that the former area where the "world's most expensive Cabana's" once stood is a good spot to relax as it is away from everything...Not sure what it's being used as for the moment tho unless it became a smoking area once again...

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes

mergatroid

It would be great if they could make it something similar to the old 'Mission to Mars' but using better special effects and maybe exploring further into the universe than just Mars?

jmuboy

“Mission to the Moon” as a new movie that honors the old moon and Mars 360 films but in Turtle Trek style theater domes could work! You could even simulate a few mins of exploration before pulling into a Moon colony.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom