Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Cmdr_Crimson

Why are you so cynical? Is it in your blood to hate everything Disney does? SGE is a modern masterpiece only comparable to the Marc Davis classics. You clearly need some pixie dust.
Your in the middle of two holidays and chances are the reason why it looks busier than normal is because all the other fast passes for the other attractions are either out and nobody else has anything else to do..I wasn't being cynical at all..In all honesty when was the last time you saw this attraction with a longer wait time on a regular day? Any time I have gone it was around 10mins mostly...

BlindChow

Well, they could go the oddball of the Futuristic bunch....Surprised they never did a remake to this...
3be73270-e60f-4b8c-ad33-b5b342239d79.jpg
Didn't they, though?

Ulduzlararas%C4%B1_%28film%2C_2014%29.jpg

EricsBiscuit

Your in the middle of two holidays and chances are the reason why it looks busier than normal is because all the other fast passes for the other attractions are either out and nobody else has anything else to do..I wasn't being cynical at all..In all honesty when was the last time you saw this attraction with a longer wait time on a regular day? Any time I have gone it was around 10mins mostly...
------Joke--->

[_]
I <------ You
/ \

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm routing for a Tomorrowland themed ride (Yea I know it's not happening but let me dream. It'd be awesome, since you're in Tomorrowland, to sit in the theatre, change the seats. Make them move/rumble/tumble whatever. Make it a transportation machine, the entire room. Have the ENTIRE room... Walls, floors, ceiling, EVERYTHING, be projected to where you can go to different areas of planet Earth. Think of it as a combination of Soarin' and Mission: Space in-the-round. You've got the scenic moments, then you've got the mission: Stop some kind of natural disaster from happening. YEET.

images

Fun characters for a fun ride! Now matter how floppy the movie was. (Song of the South/Splash Mountain anybody?)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm routing for a Tomorrowland themed ride (Yea I know it's not happening but let me dream. It'd be awesome, since you're in Tomorrowland, to sit in the theatre, change the seats. Make them move/rumble/tumble whatever. Make it a transportation machine, the entire room. Have the ENTIRE room... Walls, floors, ceiling, EVERYTHING, be projected to where you can go to different areas of planet Earth. Think of it as a combination of Soarin' and Mission: Space in-the-round. You've got the scenic moments, then you've got the mission: Stop some kind of natural disaster from happening. YEET.

images

Fun characters for a fun ride! Now matter how floppy the movie was. (Song of the South/Splash Mountain anybody?)
They did that pretty much in 1994 across the Avenue outside. Then they closed that too :(

The Empress Lilly

Monsters, Buzz, the Speedway and the Orbiter have limited use to me. So TL feels a bit devoid of attractions. I'll take Stitch back, at least temporarily. It's not worse than Monsters and Buzz.

To me the MK is better with than without Stitch. But not for the general audience - there are only so many rides you can do on a day, and the poor hapless souls who made Stitch one of them give the MK and their day a lower satisfaction score. Bizarrely, for all the overcrowding and undercapacity, this leads to the conclusion that the MK makes more money with a closed ride.

Shame that Star Battle film that came out 2 years before this made this look embarrassing... B.O.B & V.I.N.C.E.N.T Were voiced by Slim Pickens & Roddy Mcdowell
The Black Hole always struck me as a response to the Star Battle craze. As in 'robots and spaceships are hip, let's make '20 Thousand Leagues Under the Supernovas''.

Not a bad movie though, it has its moments. No idea if it is still watchable today. Would it have stood the time? I should go check it out! :)

Last edited:

Jedi Stitch

Yes, I would love to see a Blackhole retro ride, but I think a gutting rethinking, but make it a Stich ride, as a moving dark ride. Great escape, but theme it to Hawaiian Roller coaster ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom