Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Kman101

So any guesses how long this sits either empty or languishes as a meet and greet for years to come? I hope not but Martin didn't sound very optimistic ... how hard is it to replace this thing? It's been "going" for a few years now.

UpDog71

Can't wait till this thing is finally gone, good riddance. I don't want any sort of "reboot" with the ride technology, either. Gut the whole thing and try a better idea.
Wait. It's a ride? I don't remember it taking me anywhere. I just thought it was more of an interactive theater type deal. Seize the future with X-S!

Cmdr_Crimson

I do wonder tho what will they do for the segment as you pass it whilst on the Peoplemover now....Either...
  1. They turn that audio off for that segment passing by
  2. New audio added to return the name as the Tomorrrowland Convention Center as to what it was formerly called and entire new narration for it as well for the rest of the Peoplemover...

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I do wonder tho what will they do for the segment as you pass it whilst on the Peoplemover now....Either...
  2. New audio added to return the name as the Tomorrrowland Convention Center as to what it was formerly called and entire new narration for it as well for the rest of the Peoplemover...

They wouldn't have the problem of constantly updating the narration every couple of years if they'd keep it universally generic yet thematic and timely; like the nostalgic version of yesteryear. Although... Isn't Peoplemover scheduled a few changes?

Maybe with that update (if it happens) they'll drop the naming of nearby attractions and bring back the kitschy outerspace-themed humor. Then again; seeing as how we still don't know Tomorrowland's end game; they might just scrap it altogether or play spacey-techo music throughout the journey. If the cabins had speakers they could do a lot more with the Peoplemover, IMO. For an added bit of armchair imagineering; maybe we could select music tracks or classic narration via a "select a track" jukebox in each cabin.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I've decided that the Peoplemover audio is The New Enemy. Last time I was in the MK I was looking for a place to sit and chill. The open area between Buzz and Space Mountain looked great. Except for the loud dance party. Move away from that and you get that loud Peoplemover audio saying the same thing over and over and over again. Move away from that and you have clinky clanky electronic music of the land, because, you know, in the future, everyone listens to buzzing, clinking, shrill sine waves for music.

And then I realized why that area in Tomorrowland was empty.

TwilightZone

I've decided that the Peoplemover audio is The New Enemy. Last time I was in the MK I was looking for a place to sit and chill. The open area between Buzz and Space Mountain looked great. Except for the loud dance party. Move away from that and you get that loud Peoplemover audio saying the same thing over and over and over again. Move away from that and you have clinky clanky electronic music of the land, because, you know, in the future, everyone listens to buzzing, clinking, shrill sine waves for music.

And then I realized why that area in Tomorrowland was empty.
the music isn't that bad, but nothing can beat all of the past area music for the land.
my personal favorite being this
make the tomorrowland area music cool again

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
the music isn't that bad, but nothing can beat all of the past area music for the land.
my personal favorite being this
make the tomorrowland area music cool again

Short of loading these up on my phone while I ride the Peoplemover I guess I'll never hear these again in the parks. Shame. Those trax have a great sound. Much better than the chirps and bleeps now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom