Start paying for Fast-Pass?

bladerunner

I'm sure the Central Florida Hotel & Lodging Association is not happy with this proposal. It will hurt every non-Disney hotel in the area which will then affect the economics of the area economy.

Disney is headed to being an exclusive resort - so just shut off all access to the theme parks to non-Disney resort guests. Soon you'll have to spend a week at a Disney resort just to be granted access to a park.

I know this is an exaggeration but just analyze what is being examined and think of the potential outcomes.

jt04

I'm sure the Central Florida Hotel & Lodging Association is not happy with this proposal. It will hurt every non-Disney hotel in the area which will then affect the economics of the area economy.

Disney is headed to being an exclusive resort - so just shut off all access to the theme parks to non-Disney resort guests. Soon you'll have to spend a week at a Disney resort just to be granted access to a park.

I know this is an exaggeration but just analyze what is being examined and think of the potential outcomes.

I have analyzed the potential outcomes. WDW's ability to grow and expand facilities (attractions) is directly proportional to profitibility. So to break it down: More on-site hotel guests = More rides :cool:.

I truly don't care about off site hotels. They moved there knowing Disney would compete. Maybe that is just me.

Shadowdawn

Honestly, I don't really care if they start charging for fast pass because I probably won't buy it. Just because I really don't see a need for it. I'm going to a theme park and I expect to wait in long lines.

If they give perks to the resort then that's alright with me. That won't affect whether I stay on-site or not though. Seriously, if we can budget it we'll stay on site and get fastpasses. If not then, oh well we'll wait in line.

With that being said do I hope they keep it free? Yes but it's all up to them.

Jimmy Thick

I think if this comes to pass, its just Disney giving the guests who stay onsite just another additional perk for their loyalty and patronage.

I personally would applaud such a move, it shows me Disney is trying to continue to keep my trip magical.

And the people who don't stay onsite can continue to have a magical experience, but with longer waits, its a fair trade off in my eyes.

Spend the money, if you can't afford it, get a better job.

Simple, really.

jasondiff

Not really. If the same number of tourist dollars are spent in Central Florida there will be a negligible effect on the area's economy. In fact, it may actually help. Hotel and sales taxes are paid regardless of where you stay. In fact, the more expensive Disney resorts generate much more hotel tax revenue than the $29 Days Inn. And it's not going to cause a loss of jobs. All the people need hospitality industry workers to staff the hotels whether they are Disney hotels or Days Inn. Disney is always looking to hire low-wage workers now, let alone when the new Western Beltway expansion opens with more inexpensive hotels.

The only difference will be that more money will be going into Disney's pockets and not that seedy motel with cockroaches. If those types of places close up shop, I sure won't be crying.

dandaman

The off-site hotels moved there knowing Disney would compete.

Competition is the only reason/way a lot of things get done or improved in most businesses. IMO, Disney needs a good competitive fire lit under their seats right about now; necessity breeds creativity after all.

fngoofy

I think if this comes to pass, its just Disney giving the guests who stay onsite just another additional perk for their loyalty and patronage.

I personally would applaud such a move, it shows me Disney is trying to continue to keep my trip magical.

And the people who don't stay onsite can continue to have a magical experience, but with longer waits, its a fair trade off in my eyes.

Simple, really.

Ditto

jasondiff

Competition is the only reason/way a lot of things get done or improved in most businesses. IMO, Disney needs a good competitive fire lit under their seats right about now; necessity breeds creativity after all.

True but it's not hotel competition they need, there are things that need much more improvement than the hotels!

jt04

Simple, really.

^^ This post gives me great Joy! My favorite ever!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

MissM

Simple, really.

^^ This post gives me great Joy! My favorite ever!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

No it's not. It's actually quite asinine. By this logic, no one should be a teacher because it's not an amazing six-figure salary job. :rolleyes: Screw you educators of America's youth! You don't make as much money so no Fast Pass perks for you!

Pretty darn stupid when you actually think it through isn't it?
-m

jt04

No it's not. It's actually quite asinine. By this logic, no one should be a teacher because it's not an amazing six-figure salary job. :rolleyes: Screw you educators of America's youth! You don't make as much money so no Fast Pass perks for you!

-m

I don't know, I understand some professors make serious cash.:shrug:

And what is with the personal attack?

DABIGCHEEZ

-m

Wow. Everyone get out the violins and start playing them for all the teachers of the world. Really now c'mon.

MissM

Wow. Everyone get out the violins and start playing them for all the teachers of the world. Really now c'mon.
Wow yourself. I don't think many people will support anyone who is dismissive of the amazing contribution teachers make. How many jobs do people have where they can potentially impact the future of society? And then how many of those jobs are done by people who are underpaid and who are often faced with paying for supplies out of their own pockets?

It's pretty darn cold to dismiss teachers so flippantly.
cold.gif

-m

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Those who can do, those who cant teach.:lookaroun :animwink:

Im sure there will be the usuall exceptions and discounts. However I cant believe the willingness of people to accept what amounts to a service reduction to have it replaced with a significant premium.

Funny how it was an outrage when it was a Universal move.

Double standards me thinks.

DABIGCHEEZ

Wow yourself. I don't think many people will support anyone who is dismissive of the amazing contribution teachers make. How many jobs do people have where they can potentially impact the future of society? And then how many of those jobs are done by people who are underpaid and who are often faced with paying for supplies out of their own pockets?

It's pretty darn cold to dismiss teachers so flippantly.
cold.gif

-m

Everyone start playing the violins louder please... Miss M can't seem to hear them.

Thankfully none of my kids teachers have had been so full of themselves and had the I am a teacher and holyier then thou attitude. Hopefully it stays this way. I truely do appreciate what the teachers do for my kids and all kids. But there are many careers out there there and you chose yours knowing the deal going in ..If you don't like your job find another. But then again you'll have to work 3 extra months and maybe not get every Holiday off. We can all mention aspects of our careers that we don't like.(salary too much travel, etc.) But we all can leave whenever we want.

GoofyFan1

They could implement such a tiered FP system and most people wouldn't even know it.

Instead of inserting your ticket, you are told at checkin at your Disney resort to insert your KTTW card into the FP machines.

Then the FP machine will know you are a resort guest, and also which resort. You will get a better return time if you are staying at a more expensive resort.

Non-resort guests can still use their tickets, but will get a later return time. They won't even know that resort guests are benefitting.

AP holders can insert their AP and get a better return time than day guests but not as good as resort guests.
Still free to all.

Jim's point with his article title isn't that Disney is going to charge for fastpasses, it's that to get the best benefits you'll be paying for a Disney resort room.

And for those thinking into this, to eliminate double-dipping (resort guests getting a FP with their KTTW card then inserting their tickets to get an extra one), the resort front desk will swipe your ticket/AP and link it to your KTTW card. An unlinked KTTW card will not work in FP machines, and a linked ticket won't work either.

I see at least two problems with this proposal:

1. I'm an AP holder from NY and I always stay on property. I have to use my AP to get fastpasses. Does this mean I get a crappy time even though I'm staying on-site but can't use my key to get my fastpass?

2. What about park hopping? Because I teach I can only go at peak times, this year I went from June 25 -July 6. I would go to a park, and if it was flooded with the infamous Brazilian groups (I counted 8 different groups in MK on one day) I go to a different park. I can't plan that 3 days in advance.

I usually set up one to three special meals per trip and the rest of the time we decide where we want to go the night before. That's as complicated as I want to get.

BTW I'm not really sure I want to have more phone charges to receive text messages, when I don't have a text plan and don't want one.

Just something that has been on my mind.

First, it's: Those who can, do...not Those who can do, those who cant teach.

Second, Stop the bashing. If you think as teachers we have it soooo easy; 3 months off, etc. then become one. I have never seen a teacher on this board attack someone's professional choice. I wish i could say the same when it comes to our choice. I am not asking for thanks from any of you, but I'm tired of the teachers think they can tell us what to do with our kids, or those poor teachers everyone get out your violins talk. MissM was using a profession, that BTW requires a Master's degree in my state, as an example of the unfair tier system this new change could cause.

Oh, one other thing. I prefer this saying to the one above... Those who can, TEACH. Those who can't, complain about teachers.

Yankeeplex

I just read in the paper that Disney may put fastpass online so people can order and print out fast passes away from the park and have them when they walk in the park...they are supposedly going to connect with cell phones and computers...A bunch of patents were put in for this technology and they hope to have this up and running within a year...all in the effort to reduce lines, even in the fastpass lines. Not really sure how this is going to work, but it sounds interesting:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom