Star Wars Weekends returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios for 2015

Are any of you getting these fastpass+ bookings APs? Are you upgrading to a resort stay? I got off the phone Saturday with a CM and I was basically told I couldn't make any fastpass+ selections until 30 days out, and to "keep checking back after that 30 day window, because there may be some that open up." So basically I was told "tough luck go spend more money and maybe you could of gotten one."
This is my first AP since I usually go once a year. I'm not familiar with the AP with FP+ for events, but the other two members of my party going to SWW with me do not have APs but it let me book for all three of us. I'm checking with them now, even though my side says they have it.
I booked the FP+ for the Stars of the Saga show for the Saturday of the first weekend, and I did this about an hour after the article about the celebrities was put up on this site.
EDIT: We are staying on site.

CaptainShortty

That's where it was last year, but it says the shows will take place in the Theater of the Stars on Sunset Blvd. I believe the theater behind Muppets is called Premier Theater. I could be totally wrong on this. I'll look again. Thanks.

All of the shows this year were moved from Premier Theater to Theater of the Stars for this year. That theater is the current location of Beauty and the Beast. Right now Anna and Elsa currently occupy Premier Theater and will throughout SWW. =)

sissa216

The Feel the Force premium package is back again this year. It's not available online yet, but became bookable by phone this morning.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The Feel the Force premium package is back again this year. It's not available online yet, but became bookable by phone this morning.
What comes with the Feel the Force premium package and how much $? Thanks for any info. you can provide. I tried a quick search on the Disney site and found limited info from 2014.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
$69.99/ per adult

Reserved viewing for the motorcade in the afternoon with sodas + ice cream
Reserved fireworks viewing at night with a dessert party, alcohol is included
Thanks @Jeffxz . Did I read that correctly that alcohol is included???:jawdrop::). Please elaborate if possible.

sissa216

What comes with the Feel the Force premium package and how much $? Thanks for any info. you can provide. I tried a quick search on the Disney site and found limited info from 2014.

Yeah- Disney hasn't announced it yet or added any official information (once they do, I think they'll sell out fast!).

There's the $69 option ($39 for children) mentioned above- plus a deluxe package for $99/64.

The extra's over the premium package appear to be priority seating to all the special SWW celebrity shows in Theater of the Stars (versus just one with the premium package), and direct access to Darth's Mall

Last edited:

Jeffxz

Thanks @Jeffxz . Did I read that correctly that alcohol is included???:jawdrop::). Please elaborate if possible.

Yes, it is for the dessert party. Last year they served the Star Wars specialty drinks, there were 3 different ones to choose from "The Force" (Red), "The Dark Side" (Blue), and another Orange colored drink that I can't remember the name of.

Edit: A google search turned up that the orange drink is called the "Jedi Mind Trick"

Last edited:

mhead

Pretty sure I will pass this year. Did it last year and while it was fun - it was WAY oversold for the space allocated to the motorcade viewing area - if you weren't one of the first few in you were not able to see anything - and the desert party was nice but not near enough tables out. We felt it was borderline worth the price last year so with a 16 dollar jump and no apparent changes noted I'm out. Will just grab my motorcade spot an hour and a half before start time i guess.

Furiated

Pretty sure I will pass this year. Did it last year and while it was fun - it was WAY oversold for the space allocated to the motorcade viewing area - if you weren't one of the first few in you were not able to see anything - and the desert party was nice but not near enough tables out. We felt it was borderline worth the price last year so with a 16 dollar jump and no apparent changes noted I'm out. Will just grab my motorcade spot an hour and a half before start time i guess.

I did this last year and had the same experience. You had to be lined up before they opened the viewing area or you didn't have a good view, especially for the parade, which kills a good portion of the value. The snacks were good, I dug that part. I'm glad I tried it last year but won't be doing it again this year.

JohnD

Are any of you getting these fastpass+ bookings APs? Are you upgrading to a resort stay? I got off the phone Saturday with a CM and I was basically told I couldn't make any fastpass+ selections until 30 days out, and to "keep checking back after that 30 day window, because there may be some that open up." So basically I was told "tough luck go spend more money and maybe you could of gotten one."

I am a resort guest May 12-18 so while I'm more than 30 days out as an AP, I am within the 60 day window as a resort guest. My trip was planned as a resort guest to begin with.

JohnD

Interesting. I did that last year. I agree that the motorcade area was not what I was expecting. You'd think that anyone who paid would have a view along the route, not be crammed into a large area near the end of the route where you may or may not have a view of the motorcade.

Snooker

Just tried to book it on the phone and the lady said it was showing up on her computer but she was not able to book it. She did not think it was sold out since mine was the first call she had gotten inquiring about it. This was for May 23.

sissa216

Just tried to book it on the phone and the lady said it was showing up on her computer but she was not able to book it. She did not think it was sold out since mine was the first call she had gotten inquiring about it. This was for May 23.

I would keep trying often if you want it- maybe call back and try another CM. Disney's systems went down for just a bit today, but seem to be working fine now. There are definitely a lot of people finding out about this and booking it today! When premium packages come out like this (or the Frozen ones from the summer/fall), they fill up extremely quickly.

Snooker

I would keep trying often if you want it- maybe call back and try another CM. Disney's systems went down for just a bit today, but seem to be working fine now. There are definitely a lot of people finding out about this and booking it today! When premium packages come out like this (or the Frozen ones from the summer/fall), they fill up extremely quickly.
Thanks, I was able to book it. The first agent, although very pleasant, was misinformed.

I would like the perks of this Feel the Force package... but from what I've been hearing it's iffy on space at the parade, I have FP+s to the talk show, and apparently the price increased? I'm just going to use that $70 on merchandise.

punkabella

I tried to book the deluxe version for Sunday May 17th (the $99 one) and it was already sold out. Also tried for the Saturday before and it, too, was sold out for 2 adults. Went ahead and got the $69 package as it's our first and likely only time to make it to Disney in the May/June/July timeframe to even attend the SWW. Looking forward to it! Thanks for the warning about the parade spots. Hopefully the fireworks won't be as bad.

JohnD

I tried to book the deluxe version for Sunday May 17th (the $99 one) and it was already sold out.

Rats. That is my planned SWW day. Oh well, I may do the regular. But I may not. Just being there for SWW may be enough. I'm trying to be cost conscious anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom