Star Wars Weekends returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios for 2015

Furiated

I tried to book the deluxe version for Sunday May 17th (the $99 one) and it was already sold out. Also tried for the Saturday before and it, too, was sold out for 2 adults. Went ahead and got the $69 package as it's our first and likely only time to make it to Disney in the May/June/July timeframe to even attend the SWW. Looking forward to it! Thanks for the warning about the parade spots. Hopefully the fireworks won't be as bad.

The fireworks viewing wasn't as bad trying to get a good view, just trying to get a table as there were only a few set up.

Definitely be lining up before the viewing area opens up for the parade and bee-line over to the street-side rope for a good view. If you're not against the rope, you don't have much of a view of anything except the stage.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
My sister was in HS this morning and caught a few pics of James Arnold Taylor and Chewbacca filming. They said it was for "Photo Detonator" for SWW

sw1.jpeg

sw2.jpeg

sw3.jpeg

seahawk7

Pretty sure I will pass this year. Did it last year and while it was fun - it was WAY oversold for the space allocated to the motorcade viewing area - if you weren't one of the first few in you were not able to see anything - and the desert party was nice but not near enough tables out. We felt it was borderline worth the price last year so with a 16 dollar jump and no apparent changes noted I'm out. Will just grab my motorcade spot an hour and a half before start time i guess.
I did this last year and had the same experience. You had to be lined up before they opened the viewing area or you didn't have a good view, especially for the parade, which kills a good portion of the value. The snacks were good, I dug that part. I'm glad I tried it last year but won't be doing it again this year.
This was our experience as well. I would rather just grab a spot early for free rather than wait in line just as long for something I paid for.

seahawk7

I tried to book the deluxe version for Sunday May 17th (the $99 one) and it was already sold out. Also tried for the Saturday before and it, too, was sold out for 2 adults. Went ahead and got the $69 package as it's our first and likely only time to make it to Disney in the May/June/July timeframe to even attend the SWW. Looking forward to it! Thanks for the warning about the parade spots. Hopefully the fireworks won't be as bad.
Just make sure you are in the front of the line waiting to be let into the viewing area.

seahawk7

For the fireworks, we made sure to be first in line for that as well because you have to be quick and grab a table otherwise many people stood trying to balance food and drink.

Jwhee

With the slow progress in the hub, do we know that they will for sure be placing a stage here? What if they decide to move it off to the side or something, or to a different location?

Texas84

Just called WDW and the Premium Deluxe package is sold out for May 30-31. The CM also said Premium was sold out but I was able to book it online for the 31st. She also said keep trying back in case there are cancellations. Wish they would post status online.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom