Star Wars Weekends discontinued at Disney's Hollywood Studios

John

If they are referring to the Launch Bay, a new villain at the Jedi Training academy and a few new clips in the Star Tours attraction, that wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I first heard about Seasons of the Force. That certainly wouldn't be enough of a draw to get me to go to the park unless I was already there, and certainly wouldn't take me all day to do. Is that all we know about at this point? Marie

I agree, sounds ;like a "once and done" to me. I am sure the "don't get your boxers in a bunch" crowd will say wait till they announce what will be added. But to me its another cut in a park that needs anything possible to keep up interest. I would think even with the construction going on TDO would want to keep SWW going to stir up even more fervor over SWL. Season of Force? This should be happening in conjunction with SWW and lasting thru out the construction phase. This park needs more....not less.

Maerj

A bit disappointed as we already have our trip booked for May and was looking forward to taking my Dad to his first SW Weekends. :( This Seasons of the Force should still be in May, May was always seemed like the month for Star Wars.

asianway

A bit disappointed as we already have our trip booked for May and was looking forward to taking my Dad to his first SW Weekends. :( This Seasons of the Force should still be in May, May was always seemed like the month for Star Wars.
I never understood why though. Late May to June was hardly ever a "need" period for WDW and it always overlapped Memorial Day. Anyone know the history on that?

ToTBellHop

Season of the Force purportedly ends in March.

drew81

sw.jpg

Luxe

I never understood why though. Late May to June was hardly ever a "need" period for WDW and it always overlapped Memorial Day. Anyone know the history on that?

It doesn't have anything to do with Disney wanting to attract more people to the parks that specific time of year. May contains many special dates that relate to Star Wars. May the 4th is widely known by most fans as Star Wars day with the obvious use of "May the 4th be with you". May 14th is also George Lucas' birthday(happens to be my birthday as well!). Lastly, May 25th is when the first Star Wars film was released which makes the month of May a perfect time to celebrate Star Wars.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It doesn't have anything to do with Disney wanting to attract more people to the parks that specific time of year. May contains many special dates that relate to Star Wars. May the 4th is widely known by most fans as Star Wars day with the obvious use of "May the 4th be with you". May 14th is also George Lucas' birthday(happens to be my birthday as well!). Lastly, May 25th is when the first Star Wars film was released which makes the month of May a perfect time to celebrate Star Wars.

Yes, those dates are significant to Star Wars, but I highly doubt fewer people would have shown up if it was at a different time of year.

dvitali

Heard talks from a few people who organize conventions about moving from a weekends to a four day convention outside WDW in Orlando. Like they do in Anaheim outside Disneyland.

That Guy

I was hoping for one more year… I really am going to miss the parade, autographs, and interviews with the casts. Does this also mean we will no longer see Chip and Dale dressed as Ewoks, or Jedi Mickey?

ChristianG

If they make fireworks daily, I'd call this a better off scenario. I'm not sure what Launch Bay will look like but with Star Tours, JTA, Launch Bay and Seasons of the Force, it's pretty Star Wars filled.

Just can't wait for the 14 acre expansion!
I agree, Symphony in the Stars is an amazing show and I hope they find some way to make it regular.

rucifee

I am not surprised, as poorly as it was run this year I didn't expect it to last much longer. The king is dead long live the king (in a few years).

dizda

Could some of the SWW features be included as part of Seasons of the Force? There have been so few details about Seasons, do we really know what is gone for good?

FigmentJedi

Kinda surprising considering how they just opened that new flux theater that screamed "This is the new venue for Weekends celebrity/Rebels panels".

Stevek

I crack up at some of the reactions (not here) about the cancellation. Tommy Boy's FB page posted that it was "heartbreaking news" that SWW were going away. A little perspective would be nice. It's a bummer for some folks but heartbreaking?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom