Star Wars Weekends 2014

ToTBellHop

Two Star Wars Dining Experiences!
Great news for Star Wars fans going to SWW!
Beginning tomorrow, March 26, 2 new dining experiences will be available for booking for SWW from May 4 - June 15, 2014.

Hollywood & Vine Jedi Mickey's Star Wars Dinner
The Fantasmic! dinner experience at Hollywood and Vine has been transformed into a SW theme where Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip & Dale will all be dressed as their favorite Star Wars characters (Jedi Mickey, Princess Leia Minnie, Darth Goofy, Stormtrooper Donald, and Ewoks Chip & Dale).
The characters will meet, greet & interact with guests throughout the evening.

Dates: May 4 - June 15, 2014
Times: 4:15pm to 8 or 8:30 pm (sometimes 9pm to 9:30 - based on park close)
Price: Adult - $59.99 with Fantasmic! Package or $55.99 without
Child - $36.99 with Fantasmic! Package or $32.99 without

A digital photo of the party with the Ewoks Chip & Dale on a commemorative PhotoPass card is included.

Star Wars Dine-In Galactic Breakfast
The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater becomes the Star Wars Dine-in Theater for this character dining experience.
Characters include Stormtroopers, Jawa, Greedo, & Boba Fett with a Darth Vader meet & greet after check-in.
Additionally, the traditional Sci-Fi clips will be replaced with Star Wars clips, trailers & music.

Dates: May 4 - June 15, 2014
Times: 8am - 12pm
Price: Adult - $47.99
Child - $29.99

A digital photo of the party on a commemorative PhotoPass card is included.
Great ideas, but the pricing! My god!

MMDDGPCDC

OMG that is exactly what I Guessed! Dan said that it was not one of Mickey and Friends, so it is most likely Stitch although I Wish Daisy Duck would get a Star Wars Outfit. She could be either Asajj ventress, Aurra Sang, Shaak Ti or Zam Wesell. He did say that they would just focus on the Classic Star Wars Characters though (Luke, Leia, Darth etc) so I don't think we will be seeing any more Fab 5/Star Wars Crossovers sadly.

JohnD

Not available yet for online booking. Been up checking since 6am. Has Disney ever added something like this before with zero fanfare or zero prior mention? I guess 7am will tell, but right now something is smelling rotten in the state of Denmark.....

I don't think it has to be listed as specific to SW. But I checked online for Sci-Fi Diner and nothing available comes up online through noon on the day I want. May be the same for H&V.

Just got through and got 9:30 a.m. breakfast for the day I wanted. BTW, although Tables in Wonderland is normally accepted at Sci-Fi Diner, it is NOT for the SW dining. I would guess the same holds true for H&V.

Last edited:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Observations: I'm surprised Mickey and friends is MORE expensive than the "real" characters.
Also, I'm not sure I LIKE the idea of the standard characters doing dining sets. I mean, doing M&Gs at a theme park is out of character, but kind of the entire appeal of the thing. But Darth Vader obediently going from table to table seems... nice.

asianway

Observations: I'm surprised Mickey and friends is MORE expensive than the "real" characters.
Also, I'm not sure I LIKE the idea of the standard characters doing dining sets. I mean, doing M&Gs at a theme park is out of character, but kind of the entire appeal of the thing. But Darth Vader obediently going from table to table seems... nice.
Dinner is a buffet so there's that

ratherbeinwdw

If I understood the cm correctly, Darth Vader will not be going table to table. He'll be in a picture spot, and you get your digital picture with him on Photo Pass when you come in to be seated. For that kind of money for that little bit of breakfast, they should give you a print.

RalphinSC

I don't think it has to be listed as specific to SW. But I checked online for Sci-Fi Diner and nothing available comes up online through noon on the day I want. May be the same for H&V.

Just got through and got 9:30 a.m. breakfast for the day I wanted. BTW, although Tables in Wonderland is normally accepted at Sci-Fi Diner, it is NOT for the SW dining. I would guess the same holds true for H&V.

Yeah, ended up getting a 10:55 for June 13th and then changed it a couple of hours later to an 8:00am on June 9th once I figured out that the experience was not just confined to Star Wars Weekend dates. Saved me from having to pick up a THIRD Studios date just to see the parade.

Matt_Black

Well, Vader has been known to be an excellent dinner host- go rewatch Empire Strikes Back. ;)

Violiav

I could get on board with this. Too bad it's over 3 weeks before I get there.
You know, I understand that the original concept of DHS is old school Hollywood, but I don't think that culturally relevant any more.
I mean, your average 30-40 something has more of a connection with Vader than with Bogie.
Don't get me wrong, I love Bogart, but I really think

ToTBellHop

The breakfast seems to be a fixed plate. I'm that respect you lose a little value
Only at Disney World can we be (potentially) convinced that a buffet is worth more than a fixed plate. The best chefs in the world may disagree with you. We could compare the pricing of the average Chinese buffet to a nice Chinese sit-down restaurant...

asianway

Only at Disney World can we be (potentially) convinced that a buffet is worth more than a fixed plate. The best chefs in the world may disagree with you. We could compare the pricing of the average Chinese buffet to a nice Chinese sit-down restaurant...
Id anticipate them to borrow some cold eggs & bacon from a nearby CS. I'll take the buffet anytime

ToTBellHop

The buffet is worth more simply because of more choices for people with food allergies and such.
To each his/her own. But, again, I would argue that only in WDW could anyone argue that a buffet is worth more than a sit-down. Buffets have more variety because they use lesser-quality ingredients and make food in large batches, such that most of the food is not fresh so much as kept-warm (or not).

Anywhere outside WDW, buffets are usually dirt-cheap. The fancy way to have something effectively ran as a buffet without the trashy vats of food over hot water is to go prix fixe. Like V&As.

And how sickeningly American of us to think of buffets as a great value b/c we can eat so much cheap food that we vomit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom