Star Wars Weekends 2014

ratherbeinwdw

The buffet is worth more (at WDW anyway) because I can pig out at a 10:30 breakfast, and not have to eat again for the rest of the day - almost making the $50 breakfast affordable.
That's true. I wish this breakfast was a buffet, or at least, all you can eat, like 'Ohana's breakfast. That way, since I don't eat meat and I'm lactose intolerant, I'll be able to fill-up on something. I hope they come out with the menu.

ratherbeinwdw

To each his/her own. But, again, I would argue that only in WDW could anyone argue that a buffet is worth more than a sit-down. Buffets have more variety because they use lesser-quality ingredients and make food in large batches, such that most of the food is not fresh so much as kept-warm (or not).

Anywhere outside WDW, buffets are usually dirt-cheap. The fancy way to have something effectively ran as a buffet without the trashy vats of food over hot water is to go prix fixe. Like V&As.

And how sickeningly American of us to think of buffets as a great value b/c we can eat so much cheap food that we vomit.
In general, I would agree on this for lunch or dinner, but not breakfast. You simply can't beat the taste of the breakfast bar at CP and the huge selection for us with food intolerances.

ToTBellHop

In general, I would agree on this for lunch or dinner, but not breakfast. You simply can't beat the taste of the breakfast bar at CP and the huge selection for us with food intolerances.
Nowadays, I agree. That's how we've been conditioned though. There was a time when WDW offered fabulous sit-down breakfast options that were not buffets.

I can certainly see the appeal for someone with food intolerances, though.

Hyperspace Hoopla

And how sickeningly American of us to think of buffets as a great value b/c we can eat so much cheap food that we vomit.

No, no no. You missed the point. If you puke, you'll be hungry again later in the day, and have to fork over another $12 for a hamburger.

....and enough America bashing. The rest of the world does enough of it. If I'm not mistaken, it's common in some European cultures to purge in the middle of a large meal to make room for more. That'd get you diagnosed with an eating disorder here.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
To each his/her own. But, again, I would argue that only in WDW could anyone argue that a buffet is worth more than a sit-down. Buffets have more variety because they use lesser-quality ingredients and make food in large batches, such that most of the food is not fresh so much as kept-warm (or not).

Anywhere outside WDW, buffets are usually dirt-cheap. The fancy way to have something effectively ran as a buffet without the trashy vats of food over hot water is to go prix fixe. Like V&As.

We have all but stopped going to Disney buffets because there is no value in them for us. I can simply not ingest and adequate volume of food to make a Disney buffet worth the price. I would much rather pay the same or less, get better quality and still leave a restaurant stuffed.

ToTBellHop

No, no no. You missed the point. If you puke, you'll be hungry again later in the day, and have to fork over another $12 for a hamburger.

....and enough America bashing. The rest of the world does enough of it. If I'm not mistaken, it's common in some European cultures to purge in the middle of a large meal to make room for more. That'd get you diagnosed with an eating disorder here.
It is most common for mammals (including most humans) to eat as much food as they need to function. We are uniquely wasteful. But, feel free to pile 2 lbs of crappy, processed pastry only your breakfast plate and then throw it out because it's tasteless. Or try and convince yourself that those "cinnamon rolls" are edible.

I'll be at the French bakery.

Anyone who is able to eat $47 worth of scrambled eggs, strawberries, and croissants should add that to their "special skills" section on their resume.

ratherbeinwdw

Nowadays, I agree. That's how we've been conditioned though. There was a time when WDW offered fabulous sit-down breakfast options that were not buffets.

I can certainly see the appeal for someone with food intolerances, though.
It's really crazy. I'm 60 and have never, until a few months ago, had any food intolerances.

Ariel1986

Not going for the 16" version? You could add a couple more digits onto that price then LOL

Do you know if the only way to get these is to ring and book? I'm in the UK so ringing is quite expensive... if I was to ring a week in advance when in the US or turn up on the day are these likely to be booked up? Thanks...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Do you know if the only way to get these is to ring and book? I'm in the UK so ringing is quite expensive... if I was to ring a week in advance when in the US or turn up on the day are these likely to be booked up? Thanks...
If you really want to do it, book sooner rather than later. Never underestimate the power of the Star Wars fans.

Use Skype to call the USA, it is very cheap.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have always reserved a spot, but I have yet to ever see a run on them where a walk up would be turned away. At worst I saw people having to come back in an hour or two. That being said, I would still heed @wdwmagic 's advice. If you can make a reservation, do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom