Star Wars: The Acolyte

mysto

I've enjoyed the SW streaming shows. So, I wouldn't call it a complete failure.

I've really enjoyed the streaming SW series. The Acolyte promises to be another one. :)

To her credit, KK appears to have stayed out of the way of these shows. It's even possible she was encouraging in a productive way. Just trying to keep an open mind.

Trauma

Well that was average at best. Seems like most people could care less about Star Wars anymore, so even if it gets much worse or much better, I don’t think people will notice.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well that was average at best. Seems like most people could care less about Star Wars anymore, so even if it gets much worse or much better, I don’t think people will notice.
I didn’t hate it…

But I get your point

The days of people lining up in front of a theater with a lightsaber are gone forever

AdventureHasAName

How do you know?
She doesn't deny it. It's pretty well known.

Trauma

I didn’t hate it…

But I get your point

The days of people lining up in front of a theater with a lightsaber are gone forever
I use to have 8-10 people come to my house to watch Mando. We would do it once a week and serve food and drinks in my theater room.

Same people still come for sporting events and stuff but no one wants to come over for Star Wars.

Star Wars is dead in the water.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
She doesn't deny it. It's pretty well known.

I mean…that is her face…

It’s a gag

But I’m shocked that after decades reading Lucas archives type stuff this is the first I’ve seen this?

AdventureHasAName

I mean…that is her face…

It’s a gag

But I’m shocked that after decades reading Lucas archives type stuff this is the first I’ve seen this?

As the story goes, she's one of the dancers on the left who gets her red scarf pulled out in the sequence that starts at 2:23 of this video. Apparently she is one of the last ones in the line, and her face is visible because the credits are no longer on the screen when she is in view.

Willmark

I’m not sure how many there are to upset at this point? To traumas point.

Not sure who’s watching anymore
It will be twofold those who don’t like it and those who will chose to justify it. The outage and the protective justification will epic.

Won’t say anymore because there is still a chance the leaks are wrong but I doubt that will be the case.

If it does turn out the way. There aren’t going to be too many fans left and Disney seems just fine with that.

For my own part I’m very close to being done. I still hold TLJ as not only the worst SW movie of all time but my all-time least favorite movie ever. I was hopeful that maybe Disney would reverse trends but the SW I enjoyed is long gone. So if that ends up being the case I can simply walk away with fond memories of decades of enjoying the franchise. If Disney is fine with fans walking than so am I. If others enjoy it than good for them.

The last part is not from lack of trying either. Try as I might I can’t finish season 3 of Mando. They were doing very well with it and then bam.

Obi-wan? Might just skip to the episode with the duel.

Acolyte? We’ll see what next week brings.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom