MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I know this is off topic, but is it just me or are links just not loading previews on this site like they used to. Takes away from the experience if you ask me.

Anyways, just a little rant, carry on.
Yeah, don't know why. If I find another source with the same info, I switch to the link to one that can 'unfurl.'

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disney+ confirmed its cast for the upcoming new Lucasfilm Star Wars series, The Acolyte. The Hate U Give actress Amandla Stenberg was already announced for the show, however, Deadline told you first about Squid Game Emmy Award-winner Lee Jung-jae, Manny Jacinto and Queen & Slim‘s Jodie Turner-Smith.

The series is already shooting in the U.K. as you can see from the above photo.

New today are Dafne Keen (His Dark Materials), Rebecca Henderson (Inventing Anna), Charlie Barnett (Russian Doll), Dean-Charles Chapman (1917) and Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix)."

"The Acolyte is a mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era. A former Padawan reunites with her Jedi Master to investigate a series of crimes, but the forces they confront are more sinister than they ever anticipated.

The High Republic saw the Jedi Order at its prime, centuries prior to the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. You can learn more about this era at StarWars.com’s official hub for all things High Republic.

From creator, showrunner, and executive producer Leslye Headland (Russian Doll), The Acolyte has begun production in the U.K. The executive producers are Kathleen Kennedy, Simon Emanuel, Jeff F. King, and Jason Micallef. Rayne Roberts and Damian Anderson are producing. Headland will also direct the series pilot."

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

I really hoped this one would be part of Iger's "cost rationalization" but I guess not. Oh well. Marvel was determined to get me to stop caring and now it seems that Star Wars is intent on doing the same.

MickeyMouse10

I'll pass on this one, it sounds boring and lame. And if Kathleen "put my name on it" Kennedy has anything to do with it, it will be... it will be.

MickeyMouse10

I am actually looking forward to The Marvels… I thought Miss Marvel was one of the better Disney + shows

That's cool, I hope you enjoy it.

I think it's going to do pretty bad at the Box Office though. Because not that many people want to see it. Plus it doesn't have a notable villain to help sell it at all. And the cast is definitely not Iron Man, Thor and Captain America, despite what Feige says.

I actually thought Captain Marvel was a pretty good movie though. I don't know why it gets so much flack. I'm guessing it's because of Brie Larson's comments about white men and her easily offended, unlikable personality.

Last edited:

DKampy

That's cool, I hope you enjoy it.

I think it's going to do pretty bad at the Box Office though. Because not that many people want to see it. Plus it doesn't have a notable villain to help sell it at all. And the cast is definitely not Iron Man, Thor and Captain America, despite what Feige says.

I actually thought Captain Marvel was a pretty good movie though. I don't know why it gets so much flack. I'm guessing it's because of Brie Larson's comments about white men and her easily offended, unlikable personality.
Yeah…time will tell… I was disappointed in the last Antman movie… did not feel like Antman… and I don’t think they should of gone with the Whole Multiverse idea… as I think it should stay a little bit more grounded for the general audience.

It’s weird about Brie Larson… cause I have seen no complaints about her being in the next fast movie

erasure fan1

That's exactly it. She's completely insufferable. I didn't mind it either, I loved Talos. I also think that the movie was the first time Marvel mislead the fans. They sold the movie as a must see before end game. And that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Especially since it was in no way needed. If they switched black widow and captain marvel it would have helped in my opinion. Of course that wouldn't have changed the fact that Larson is just so dislikable.

Phroobar

Brie Larson doesn't know when to shut up and doesn't come off as too bright. She needs to concentrate on just promoting her movies, her acting skills and nothing more. For the most part, she is a pretty wooden actress that needs good direction to bring out her best. She is kind of the Hyden Christenson of the MCU. Over all the movie is okay with some questionable story writing. They should have named the cat Chewie like in the comic books because Carol Danvers is a big Star Wars fan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom