Star Wars: The Acolyte

TP2000

This is good, right? 13% this week is better than the 18% two episodes ago?

Lower Is Better, Right.jpg

Phroobar

I hear the writing is getting worst and worst as it progresses. They seem to have no idea what lore is. Is it really that hard to stick with what came before? Trying to write yourself out of a corner by pretending something didn't happen is just bad, bad, story telling, pure and simple. I have a feeling there will be no season 2 and no one will care.

Indy_UK

It seems they people making the show went out of their way to not follow the lore as the only way distance itself from what came before

Ghost93

Too bad this is not what that comment was about. Nice try though.

She recently made a video (as in within the last few days) to address the “haters” then is using YouTube to prevent people from commenting on if it had the video or any parts thereof in it.

She can make all the claims she wants, make any videos she wants etc and fire back at anyone she wants. But to then turn around and limit who can respond to her in kind? That’s likely not going to end well and only emboldened those already attacking her.
The people already attacking her are evil scum who don't deserve to be given the chance to send more harassment her way.

It's totally fine if people don't like the show, but the hate thrown at the cast is inexcusable.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The people already attacking her are evil scum who don't deserve to be given the chance to send more harassment her way.

It's totally fine if people don't like the show, but the hate thrown at the cast is inexcusable.
Not only that now you have death threats to the owners of Wookieepedia for just keeping the site updated with the latest canon from the show -

But of course it doesn't exist in any meaningful way....

Trauma

So this is now competing for the honor of least watched Star Wars live action series.

I thought it was just a small group of trolls in their Moms basement that hated this show?

What a waste of money.

BrianLo

So this is now competing for the honor of least watched Star Wars live action series.

I thought it was just a small group of trolls in their Moms basement that hated this show?

What a waste of money.

No, the point was all the Star Wars shows are well watched.

Even the least watched one, which is also my personal favourite. Thus far they haven't had a true streaming bomb yet for viewership.

There's still plenty of time for this to prove otherwise though.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Oh I'm tuning in for this weeks' stroll through sets and scenery with actors doing very little but show off their wardrobe in about 50 minutes.

Trauma

No, the point was all the Star Wars shows are well watched.

Even the least watched one, which is also my personal favourite. Thus far they haven't had a true streaming bomb yet for viewership.

There's still plenty of time for this to prove otherwise though.
Yeah it might beat out Bobs Burgers for a couple weeks.

This is freaking Star Wars.

Except for Mando these shows are not “well watched”.

AdventureHasAName

But of course it doesn't exist in any meaningful way....
It doesn't ... unless you count one rando who sent an anonymous threat to a stranger as a "meaningful" encapsulation of an entire group of millions of fans. It shouldn't happen; it should be prosecuted; but it also isn't a representation of pre-Disney Star Wars fandom.

Oh the anonymous threats I received on Twitter during Covid and the George Floyd protests! It never occurred to me that every activist and politician on the opposing side of those issues was responsible for a couple of anonymous strangers with an Twitter account. I also didn't run to the internet (or the police) and play the victim for status points, either. I just ignored it, like a normal person who isn't terminally online.

BrianLo

Except for Mando these shows are not “well watched”.

They are all amongst the highest watched things on the platform. Mando is the highest original series.

Is that the benchmark, it's only well watched if it's the absolute best?

It's actually far more to your liking if the premiere was well watched and everyone drops off the series as it rolls on. Which may very well be the case, we don't have any other data than the premiere, which was somewhere in the range of "strong".

It feels like you guys are only satiated if everything is a failure to the extreme degree, but that doesn't change the metrics. Like I said, you may experience great joy if the viewership metrics tank. That says a lot more about the series.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It doesn't ... unless you count one rando who sent an anonymous threat to a stranger as a "meaningful" encapsulation of an entire group of millions of fans. It shouldn't happen; it should be prosecuted; but it also isn't a representation of pre-Disney Star Wars fandom.
So you run Wookieepedia and know for a fact it was one single rando?

And lets say you're right it was a single rando, the rest of the fandom across the board needs to speak up and say that isn't tolerated and doesn't represent who "we" are. But yet I've seen very little in terms of speaking out against this. In fact its gotten worse as there are now claims of other death threats and lawsuits and such from Youtubers.

So its not calming down, it seems to be getting worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom