Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

retroeric

Can someone explain why Disneyland has a 6-week delay on their RotR? I originally figured they were behind WDW and just needed more time for construction, but evidently the ride is just as ready as the one in WDW, and there have even been reports of guest testing over there. Are they really going to wait six and a half weeks (skipping the entire holiday season) even though it's fully functional?

MrConbon

Anyone wanna guess on how they staff this ride? From what I read, their will be two types of cast members. Resistance and First Order depending on what part of the attraction/preshow you’re at. So like would every rotation need to be split since if you’re in a First Order attire, you could never work at Preshow 1 that day. I assume every cast member is trained for both roles.

Honestly this is the most interesting part right now of the attraction to me lol.

aluisi

Can someone explain why Disneyland has a 6-week delay on their RotR? I originally figured they were behind WDW and just needed more time for construction, but evidently the ride is just as ready as the one in WDW, and there have even been reports of guest testing over there. Are they really going to wait six and a half weeks (skipping the entire holiday season) even though it's fully functional?

this is a fantastic question and I want to know as well since I live like 15 min away from DL.......open open open please

thequeuelinelectures

I was really really trying not to get my expectations too high. After reading that thread, its all out the window. 😂 I really cannot wait to get on that thing.
I don’t believe this at all sadly. The poster mentions that they got to ride because they are related to an imagineer....that isn’t how it works. They also said the trackless vehicle portion was over 10 minutes which we know isn’t true

Rob562

Anyone wanna guess on how they staff this ride? From what I read, their will be two types of cast members. Resistance and First Order depending on what part of the attraction/preshow you’re at. So like would every rotation need to be split since if you’re in a First Order attire, you could never work at Preshow 1 that day. I assume every cast member is trained for both roles.

Honestly this is the most interesting part right now of the attraction to me lol.

Didn't the Great Movie Ride have a couple different costumes depending on where the CM was working? (Obviously ignoring the hijackers) The tour guides had one costume, the load platform had another, and didn't the CM's working in the courtyard have a third? Does anyone know how cast rotations were handled there?

As for RotR, it may be reading into it a little too much, but there was that pic of Iger and other top brass and WDI folks posing in the hangar bay with RotR CM's in costume. Since this was a couple months ago, presumably those were the trainer CM's. And if they were hosting the top brass, they may have been running the attraction with the full staff needed to at least operate the attraction.

[Minor spoilers for anyone who doesn't want to know a single thing about RotR]
In that photo I count 5 First Order CM's in black and 7 Resistance CM's in brown. This ratio fits, since it seems the FO CM's ("FOers"?) are only there to shepherd the guests from the shuttle through the shuttle bay to the holding cells. Everyone else in preshows, loading into the shuttle, getting you into the ride vehicles, unloading you at the end, etc are all Resistance personnel, so there would obviously need to be more people in those costumes.

One of the Resistance CM's is wearing a different coat than the others. He's also wearing a cap with goggles on top. Perhaps this is a specialized CM position in the story? Perhaps a flight crew type person who loads guests into the shuttle? (There's a second Resistance CM with the same cap and goggles, but in the same vest as everyone else, so not sure what to make of that) Is there a CM in the shuttle with guests? Or will it be entirely the show and AA's? Perhaps it'll start with a CM in there and eventually it'll become the "Chris" of the attraction...

One thing I will say, there does not appear to be any crossover of costume pieces between Resistance and FO. Even the shoes are a different color. So I would hope/assume that every CM is issued both versions of the costume and locker rooms are available in the cast areas in case they need to change rotations midway through the day.

-Rob

aluisi

I don’t believe this at all sadly. The poster mentions that they got to ride because they are related to an imagineer....that isn’t how it works. They also said the trackless vehicle portion was over 10 minutes which we know isn’t true

it kinda is how it works. Being in the industry I was in before we “launched” things we were able to share it with family and close friends. Our (being employees) NDA held up and it was up to us to say hey don’t say anything about what I am going to show you. I met family members of imaginariers that worked on MF who told me stuff about the ride that I didn’t believe but was all true once I rode it.

DLR>WDW

I wonder if we’d see an expedited opening date for Disneyland if WDW’s opening on Thursday racks up big press. I could totally see them try to capitalize on the opportunity and attempt to dominate the news cycle, shifting the public narrative of Galaxy’s Edge. Speaking of, CNN just dropped a piece detailing some new and already known information on the ride. https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/03/tech/star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-ride/index.html

Disney Analyst

I wonder if we’d see an expedited opening date for Disneyland if WDW’s opening on Thursday racks up big press. I could totally see them try to capitalize on the opportunity and attempt to dominate the news cycle, shifting the public narrative of Galaxy’s Edge. Speaking of, CNN just dropped a piece detailing some new and already known information on the ride. https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/03/tech/star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-ride/index.html

this quote sent me.

“The 65 animatronic figures throughout the ride present a different challenge — not to mention the complexity of three high-detailed humanoids known as the A1000 series”

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The poster mentioned a few times about the ride vehicles spinning constantly....anyone know anything about this?
Constantly? No.
Burbank’s choice.

Disneyson

Didn't the Great Movie Ride have a couple different costumes depending on where the CM was working? (Obviously ignoring the hijackers) The tour guides had one costume, the load platform had another, and didn't the CM's working in the courtyard have a third? Does anyone know how cast rotations were handled there?

As for RotR, it may be reading into it a little too much, but there was that pic of Iger and other top brass and WDI folks posing in the hangar bay with RotR CM's in costume. Since this was a couple months ago, presumably those were the trainer CM's. And if they were hosting the top brass, they may have been running the attraction with the full staff needed to at least operate the attraction.

[Minor spoilers for anyone who doesn't want to know a single thing about RotR]
In that photo I count 5 First Order CM's in black and 7 Resistance CM's in brown. This ratio fits, since it seems the FO CM's ("FOers"?) are only there to shepherd the guests from the shuttle through the shuttle bay to the holding cells. Everyone else in preshows, loading into the shuttle, getting you into the ride vehicles, unloading you at the end, etc are all Resistance personnel, so there would obviously need to be more people in those costumes.

One of the Resistance CM's is wearing a different coat than the others. He's also wearing a cap with goggles on top. Perhaps this is a specialized CM position in the story? Perhaps a flight crew type person who loads guests into the shuttle? (There's a second Resistance CM with the same cap and goggles, but in the same vest as everyone else, so not sure what to make of that) Is there a CM in the shuttle with guests? Or will it be entirely the show and AA's? Perhaps it'll start with a CM in there and eventually it'll become the "Chris" of the attraction...

One thing I will say, there does not appear to be any crossover of costume pieces between Resistance and FO. Even the shoes are a different color. So I would hope/assume that every CM is issued both versions of the costume and locker rooms are available in the cast areas in case they need to change rotations midway through the day.

-Rob

At the Great Movie Ride, there were three positions: Tour Guide, Gangster, and Bandit. While Gangster and Bandit were two separately scheduled roles, the Tour Guide appeared to have a red shirt with a grey jacket and black pants, but if the Chinese Theatre needed more “ushers”, they would take off their their jackets, revealing the usher’s costume, and throw on their hat backstage. I believe there will be similar costumes in MaMRR, too.

These costumes do NOT appear to be reversible, though, so I assume these will be two different shifts. I can imagine several spare jackets being kept just in case, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Resistance fighter with black pants - a cast member that was pulled from First Order due to staffing issues, etc.

The reversible costumes in GMR mimic the Animator’s Pallet costumes that “transform” from black-and-white to color by switching the jacket around.

Fun Fact: Flight of Passage was supposed to open with a white lab coat for the CMs within the PCI labs, that would take it off while in positions in the queue but that never happened.

CM.X777

FOP over falcon I agree, as would most people.. but no re-ride value? It's a video game, there's plenty of re-ride value.

And it's a boring/bad video game level with very little re-ride value

And yes, Disneyland's Star Wars Land will face an uphill battle to gain acceptance in the next few years. Especially with three new rides, two of which are major E Tickets, opening within a 10 minute walk of Star Wars Land in quick succession the next three years.

Jury hasn't come in if M&M RR is an E Ticket or high D, and considering how far out the Avenger E ticket is, I worry greatly about it's budget.

A few things, DL is actually ahead of WDW by a good amount. Them opening on the 5th was a terrible decision. These has been zero guest testing, all ridership has been done by CMs. Opening in January was a very good decision. Also DOSH inspections are still ongoing in DL, so even if they wanted to they wouldn't be able to open until Christmas, and even then they wouldn't have enough cast trained to run it by that point. Basically DL decisions good, WDW decisions bad.

CM.X777

These costumes do NOT appear to be reversible, though, so I assume these will be two different shifts. I can imagine several spare jackets being kept just in case, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Resistance fighter with black pants - a cast member that was pulled from First Order due to staffing issues, etc.

They are completely separate costumes, and you will NEVER see CMs with mixed costume pieces.

Surferboy567

Here it is:

Looks like the OP deleted it for some reason, so you can’t see it on the subreddit any more. You can still see the comments though, and that’s where the Q&A is.

I found it here you gooooooo

Edit...it seams the OP’s top post was deleted but their comments are still there in the thread. Just read it makes me super excited. Read before it’s completely gone the post that is.

I was really really trying not to get my expectations too high. After reading that thread, its all out the window. 😂 I really cannot wait to get on that thing.

Sorry about not giving the link! Looks like you found it anyways. Happy Rise press day!

Rich Brownn

Probably the same as the Hogwarts Express - First Order people have a smaller onstage role so they probably rotate into control. At least that's how HE works (Kings Cross rotates into Controls, 9 3/4 Porters rotate into various positions upstairs)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom