Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I guess now we know why they have to spend big on buying the press and the paid social media influencers idiots, and also the drones.

Hopefully it will distract from the next day when the normal guest can't ride the thing because it only works at best half (?) the time.

But they'll tout the 480 minute wait as a measure of success, just ignore that only 30 people in total rode during its first couple of hours of operation.

Sad, but it's the truth. They want need to control the narrative at the opening so that any problems after opening are kind of lost in the opening day, feel-good PR blitz.

Goodeone

..honestly not sure. It's similar to the MMRR cars - same base I believe.
Might as well show you this link. NOT MY LINK (for whatever saying that is worth)
Check this out --> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zgzmmlq0tdjye5a/AABC7BrMIy8DY9M2NsS5MNSva?dl=0

Some components of the chassis are nearly identical for MMRR on both coasts and Epcot's Rat ride, not sure how much variation there is in the rest of the ride vehicle.

VERY cool to see the entire assembly drawings of the whole vehicle, I had previously only been privvy to some of the chassis component drawings.

RSoxNo1

this quote sent me.

“The 65 animatronic figures throughout the ride present a different challenge — not to mention the complexity of three high-detailed humanoids known as the A1000 series”
That's an odd number and probably doesn't include the R5 droids on each vehicle. If it does, then it would imply that not all of the Stormtroopers are AAs.

RSoxNo1

It doesn’t include the R5s. The total number of AAs built (but no guest will see each) is just north of 100.
That sounds like confirmation that each of the Westworld troopers move.

So if 65 is the count that we'll see, let's get to that number:

• 1 BB-8 in the first pre-show (2 of these total)
  • 1 BB-8 on Poe's X-Wing
  • 1 Nien Nunb on the ITS Shuttle (3 of these total)
  • 1 Mon Calamari on the ITS Shuttle (3 of these total)
  • 1 R5 unit on the front of the vehicle that we don't board
  • 50 Stormtroopers in the Hangar Bay
  • 0 R5 unit in front of your vehicle (not counted in the 65, 38 total for the ride)
  • 2 Finn AAs? (reported a few different places)
  • 1 Hux AA?
  • 3 Kylo AAs?
That gets me to 61

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Breaking news: Large media corporation spends money to control narrative at its own press event for marquee theme park attraction. Film and reaction at 11.

I know, right? :) After May/August, and what they are doing at DHS right now, it looks like the press event budget for RotR opening got a very healthy increase.

tirian

This just in from WDW... (this is not going to go well tomorrow)

"We’ve been encountering downtime’s all day yesterday. It’s been taking 3-4 hours to get back up. Then when we get back up, it faults again.
We only had 2 perfect days last week. Also, yesterday Bob Chapeak, and Josh D, and other executives were at Rise and it kept going down. Main issue drops / lifts! They were filming a commercial on the attraction and the camera crew had to be evacuated. "

FWIW, I know a few people who’ve been on it, and I trust their opinions, and they told me that with a few exceptions, ROTR is a return to the second golden age of Imagineering in the early 90s. That’s good news.

I’m in a different country right now and will have to wait for YouTube videos.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom