Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

sedati

Interesting stuff. I wonder why those skeleton photos showed solid looking head braces originally?

D306KIdW4AEf7uW.jpg
My guess is that this was installed via crane and that it was easier to get the steel frame in before the building was buttoned up rather than try and install the head internally. The steel holding the head on could be cut once the mechanisms are installed as has been stated many times before. All promotional materials depicting this scene show the heads moving.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

So what you're saying is, I won't be able to just watch the inevitable YouTube video on Dec 5th and be able to pass full judgment on the ride's effects?
sure you can. if you know you will be seeing some choppyness and account for that, you can still make a good informed opinion on the attraction from HI DEF VIDEO FOOTAGE a lot of them park bloggers will post. sure you can judge the overall experience.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

possibly because the pieces were brought in and assembled via crane, and it may have been easier to just attach a temporarily is the building went up around it then try to mount the head later. Just because it’s attached in the picture doesn’t mean that can’t be cut later.

My guess is that this was installed via crane and that it was easier to get the steel frame in before the building was buttoned up rather than try and install the head internally. The steel holding the head on could be cut once the mechanisms are installed as has been stated many times before. All promotional materials depicting this scene show the heads moving.
yeah but the heads moving are clearly cgi shots. not AA heads moving.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Sure, but not typically on theme park forums. I watch HBO and I go to Disney World but I expect different things from each.
i get ya but context is everything and the context in which the user used it in the forum is fine. i usually disagree with that poster a lot but i am gonna defend him on this one. he was essentially saying "all those talking crap about the effects are gonna eat crow if they come out amazing". it's fine. he was not making a joke about suicide but was using it to make a point in a joking matter. its fine.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

As someone pointed out previously that they might have been craned in as one part bolted down then installed the motors then cut so that they can move once that section was braced and connected with the motors. This is actually very common and convenient for the builders to do.
i cant see that happening. i think what we will get is projection mapping moving heads. under both completed heads there is like some kind of screen hanging beneath them that is not normally part of a AT-AT. i think that is for the projection mapping to give the illusion the head can move while the physical head will be stationary.

WDWFREAK53

can you explain how because they were built connected to the frame.

Could it be that the frame is just the structure but the “head” and mechanism are larger and attach to the static frame? Meaning basically the “skin” moves independently from the structure.

I don’t know this as fact and I could be 100% wrong but it’s t would be one explanation

hyro0o0

i cant see that happening. i think what we will get is projection mapping moving heads. under both completed heads there is like some kind of screen hanging beneath them that is not normally part of a AT-AT. i think that is for the projection mapping to give the illusion the head can move while the physical head will be stationary.
Why do you find it so unlikely that the heads will actually move for real? All it would take is a motor to move them left and right. Sounds like the easiest thing in the world.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Could it be that the frame is just the structure but the “head” and mechanism are larger and attach to the static frame? Meaning basically the “skin” moves independently from the structure.

I don’t know this as fact and I could be 100% wrong but it’s t would be one explanation
There is not enough room to do that

NoChesterHester

This.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom