Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

SingleRider

Premium Member
Apparently the ride was running at a reduced capacity so an elevator was broken somewhere. This is a major issue when the Lightning Lanes are sold out before the park even opens... the LL assumes the ride will run at full capacity so if it's knocked down to 50% capacity for hours the LL will infinitely backup.
IMO they should release them every hour or two instead of all at 7AM depending on how the ride is performing. Imaging using DAS and being stuck in the LL for 30-45 minutes.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is a major issue when the Lightning Lanes are sold out before the park even opens...
Umm... can that happen?

With the 2 hour cool down on getting LLs, people have to chose which attractions to 'spend' them on every 2 hours. When I was doing DHS in December, SDD was the the quickest to 'sell out' and that didn't happen till the third round of people grabbing LLs.

Are there that many Disney resort guests all choosing ToT at 7 AM 'selling it out'?

SingleRider

Premium Member
Umm... can that happen?

With the 2 hour cool down on getting LLs, people have to chose which attractions to 'spend' them on every 2 hours. When I was doing DHS in December, SDD was the the quickest to 'sell out' and that didn't happen till the third round of people grabbing LLs.

Are there that many Disney resort guests all choosing ToT at 7 AM 'selling it out'?
Rise is purchased individually, separate from G+ so it has no effect on ability to choose a G+ attraction. Anyone with G+ can reserve their first ride at 7am (not just resort guests) so Slinky does sometimes run out before park opening. Same for Remy at Epcot.

ILL can’t be purchased until park open if you’re not a resort guest. A resort guest could both purchase Rise and reserve their first G+ ride at 7am.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Rise is purchased individually, separate from G+ so it has no effect on ability to choose a G+ attraction. Anyone with G+ can reserve their first ride at 7am (not just resort guests) so Slinky does sometimes run out before park opening. Same for Remy at Epcot.

ILL can’t be purchased until park open if you’re not a resort guest. A resort guest could both purchase Rise and reserve their first G+ ride at 7am.
Ok, I guess I was at the parks when it wasn't so crowded.

Spash007

I may have missed it, but have the cannons stopped moving permanently and is Kylo always in B mode now? Been on 4 times since December and has been the case every time

gerarar

Premium Member
I may have missed it, but have the cannons stopped moving permanently and is Kylo always in B mode now? Been on 4 times since December and has been the case every time
Cannons yes since like January 2022.

And Kylo no, he's been on and off but more times A-mode as of the past couple months. However this past week I've noticed he's been mostly in B-mode so somethings up I guess.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Cannons yes since like January 2022.

And Kylo no, he's been on and off but more times A-mode as of the past couple months. However this past week I've noticed he's been mostly in B-mode so somethings up I guess.
I really hope the cannons aren’t permanently that way and it’s just a matter of a proper refurbishment.

It’s my favorite scene in the ride, expertly uses the trackless tech, and really sells the realism of the attraction for me.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
I really hope the cannons aren’t permanently that way and that it’s just a matter of a proper refurbishment.

It’s my favorite scene in the ride, expertly uses the trackless tech, and really sells the realism of the attraction for me.
The cannon room and the bridge scene (with Kylo and Hux) are my favorite parts of the ride. Mainly because the "action" is already happening when you and your RV arrives. The other scenes, while also good, are trigger-scenes, as they only happen after you arrive.

Spash007

The cannon room and the bridge scene (with Kylo and Hux) are my favorite parts of the ride. Mainly because the "action" is already happening when you and your RV arrives. The other scenes, while also good, are trigger-scenes, as they only happen after you arrive.
Agreed. Without the cannon scene working properly, the ride loses a lot in my opinion

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Apparently the ride was running at a reduced capacity so an elevator was broken somewhere. This is a major issue when the Lightning Lanes are sold out before the park even opens... the LL assumes the ride will run at full capacity so if it's knocked down to 50% capacity for hours the LL will infinitely backup.
Brilliant idea. But Bob already has your money by then.

Movielover

Hopefully they aren’t. They’ve not been given up on. But they’re also more tricky than other props being safety critical since they enter the ride path (they are actually classed as show doors due to this)
Has the actual problem been identified? Or is it just an overall combination of software, costs, changes in movement speed, timing and safety spacing with the ride vehicles?

MagicHappens1971

Has the actual problem been identified? Or is it just an overall combination of software, costs, changes in movement speed, timing and safety spacing with the ride vehicles?
I thought I remember it being identified that the system kept thought the canons were going to hit the RVs, causing E-stops. And they just haven’t fixed it.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
The latest was that it was a software problem with the internal clock being off by just a tiny, tiny bit, but over the course of hours, conflated to a big problem and possible collision that shut everything down. They're supposedly trying to recode it.

Or, they could just unplug the ride and plug it back in once an hour.

ppete1975

When doing an Ill do you pick the time, and how does that work if things get delayed. Example I am spending the morning with family then splitting off after lunch to build a lightsaber and was going to get an ILL for sometime after. I think my lightsaber is around 1 so was thinking 3 gives me plenty of time. But not sure if that works, and could if there are issues during the day could that push back my 3 or 4 to maybe getting cancelled?

Movielover

The latest was that it was a software problem with the internal clock being off by just a tiny, tiny bit, but over the course of hours, conflated to a big problem and possible collision that shut everything down. They're supposedly trying to recode it.

Or, they could just unplug the ride and plug it back in once an hour.
In other words, they can't get the clock on the front of the VCR to stop flashing 12:00...

;)

Tonto

This is off-topic I'll admit, but figured someone would know.
Seeing the troubles that the Galactic Cruiser is having regarding hotel bookings, could Disney convert this to a full service hotel if things got bad enough?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom