Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

BubbaisSleep

This is one of the stranger comments I’ve read here. Buildings don’t fly? That’s why the entrance would be themed to look like a ship (something that flies)! The other two points are equally weird… they want the building to be inconspicuous because they didn’t theme it, and the building could certainly be aesthetically pleasing if themed well, although I’m not suggesting they even do that.

Do you think anyone (especially a kid) finds this better?
View attachment 706416
Disney wanted to stay consistent with theming as they wanted this entrance to resemble the backside of SWGE, which you drive pass to get to this resort. Can’t disrupt the magic!

Touchdown

Uh yes it did.
No it was a combination of cost of repair and the issue that it ran on untreated Bay Lake water, mainly the latter part because of the discovery of the “brain eating amoeba” which becomes active (able to cause infections) when water temps get to 80 degrees and inhaled through the nose.

Purduevian

What galaxy are you from?!
Milky-way! Earth has 5 star ports, Starport Seven-Five, TL Space Station 77, Discovery Landing Station, Aa (I guess it won't display the Japanese word because it contains an English Swear) Station, and HK Spaceport E-TKT. Although I have only ever visited the first 2.

Wait I have also been to

Last edited:

ChrisM

Just wanted to share some observations from a handful of rides last week:

On our first ride the full ITS was functional but was missing the light saber in the elevator, cannon movement (obviously), and had B-mode Kylo at the end. Pretty lame.

During subsequent rides elevator saber was clearly working in one elevator but not the other and A-mode Kylo was back up and functional. BUT, Lt Beck in the ITS was down...he was 3/4 hidden by a shield that was up, but you could still see the top of the head of the animatronic and it was just constantly jiggling/vibrating. Very disturbing. And having that shield up basically blocks the entire forward viewport so it's almost impossible to tell what's going on. Terrible show.

TomboyJanet

It wouldn't surprise me if the Starcruiser went the way of River Country within a few years...
They just gotta chill with the pricing. Also the big question is If you're gonna go do Starcruiser, it's probably ALL you're gonna do because to do the parks at that point seems like way too much money and time unless you're like a TOP TIER individual and I mean like celebrity status.

DonniePeverley

Did we ever get to the bottom of why the Disney 'influencers' on Youtube were crying with joy after they rode this ?

I still could never work that out.

Do they still cry with joy when they come to the end of the ride ?

MagicHappens1971

Did we ever get to the bottom of why the Disney 'influencers' on Youtube were crying with joy after they rode this ?

Why do you care? I teared up the first time I went on RotR. It’s a fantastic attraction that transports you into the Star Wars galaxy. I tear up every time Mickey says “Some imagination huh?” at the end of Fantasmic, same goes for the end of HEA. I dont really think anyone owes you an explanation for how they feel…

mysto

It's their profession.

If they make a video of themselves walking into a grocer they will tear up and OH MY GOD at the top of their lungs. Gets more clicks.

Complete with a misleading still in the thumbnail that makes it look like something happened. Nothing did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom