Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I don’t have the specifics but that would make sense being a modern projection system. 3 floor based, keystone corrected projectors provide the image.
Thought so. When he said it was a black painted wall I knew that wasn't right for we have seen behind the scene pictures of the screen on this site in one of the RISE constructions threads. The shuttle makes sense its a semi pepper's ghost effect so was not questioning him on that.

VicariousCorpse

rise-of-the-resistance-hanger-leak-original.jpg

Credit to user:
SWGalaxysEdge

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

We will have to agree to disagree.
There is nothing to disagree about. It is a screen. Marini confirmed it also. They are not going to put a screen on one coast and have a painted wall on the other. They built these rides exactly the same. You may have thought it was a painted wall but I can guarantee you it is not.

RSoxNo1

There is nothing to disagree about. It is a screen. Marini confirmed it also. They are not going to put a screen on one coast and have a painted wall on the other. They built these rides exactly the same. You may have thought it was a painted wall but I can guarantee you it is not.
I don't know who that is. But I still stand by what I know. This is why we should just agree to disagree.
"Agree to disagree" means I won't admit that I'm wrong but I don't want to argue anymore to have my ignorance further exposed.

gerarar

Premium Member
Wow, I had no idea this was such a thing! Apparently the other half of the AT-AT room is used to store or temporarily hold the prisoner transports.
In the screenshots below, there’s an RV presumably charging, and a door behind it actively opening. R5 is also on and moving, so it's not like the specific RV is shut off.
57A7369D-E3C0-4232-9E5A-69690629DD9F.png

8B143EFF-972B-4931-BE12-8CE0103B9F1B.png

1597506368317.png

Does anyone know any more details of this! Never seen it captured on video, at least.
Here’s the video with the timestamp embedded where it happens:

RSoxNo1

Wow, I had no idea this was such a thing! Apparently the other half of the AT-AT room is used to store or temporarily hold the prisoner transports.
In the screenshots below, there’s an RV presumably charging, and a door behind it actively opening. R5 is also on and moving, so it's not like the specific RV is shut off.
View attachment 491111
View attachment 491112
View attachment 491113

Does anyone know any more details of this! Never seen it captured on video, at least.

There was a rumor at one point that there was an additional scene in the attraction and I believe it was explained as being through the AT-AT room.

yensidtlaw1969

Yup. that is a screen.
It . . . isn't though?

A surface that's projected upon isn't automatically a "screen". If I project a movie on the side of my house that doesn't make the side of my house a screen the way they have a screen hanging in an AMC movie theater. The Yeti shadow in the cave before the drop on Everest is a projection effect, but it is not a "screen" effect. Ariel's transformation after the Ursula scene in the Mermaid ride IS a screen effect, in that the projection is shot at a literal screen.

You seem insistent on getting caught up on this, so how do you define "screen" that you think the effect in the hangar applies?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Dictionaries have a broad definition of "screen" because it is used broadly in English...

a. A surface, as on a smartphone, television, or computer monitor, on which one can read and view electronically displayed information and images.​
b. A surface on which text and images are projected for display.
c. The medium in which movies are shown: a star of stage and screen.

Thus, any surface can be called a 'screen' if there's a projection onto it.

Of course, some people mean a sheet of some material, rigid or non-rigid, that is particularly made for projections.

And when people have different definitions of 'screen,' then they will disagree what is or is not a 'screen.'

So, avoid saying "screen", what is the nature of the surface onto which the projection of 'space' is being projected onto? Is it just a wall? Painted black? A silver stretched sheet of nylon, plastic? Is it (semi-transparent)? Is the projection on the front or from behind?

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
View attachment 491111
View attachment 491112
View attachment 491113

The route to and from RV storage and maintenance is through the AT-AT room.

More tidbits like this coming soon to a video near you ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Dictionaries have a broad definition of "screen" because it is used broadly in English...

a. A surface, as on a smartphone, television, or computer monitor, on which one can read and view electronically displayed information and images.​
b. A surface on which text and images are projected for display.
c. The medium in which movies are shown: a star of stage and screen.

Thus, any surface can be called a 'screen' if there's a projection onto it.

Of course, some people mean a sheet of some material, rigid or non-rigid, that is particularly made for projections.

And when people have different definitions of 'screen,' then they will disagree what is or is not a 'screen.'

So, avoid saying "screen", what is the nature of the surface onto which the projection of 'space' is being projected onto? Is it just a wall? Painted black? A silver stretched sheet of nylon, plastic? Is it (semi-transparent)? Is the projection on the front or from behind?

So you're saying cinderella's castle isn't a castle... it's a screen... ;)

SWGalaxysEdge

View attachment 491111
View attachment 491112
View attachment 491113

Its the maintenance shop. There is a pathway between the back AT AT between the legs, to take cars out of service after the unload and to add them back into service. They then head through the tunnel to the Disco Room to await their turn...
(See red arrow for path)

1st floor AT-AT walkers.png

Magic Feather

View attachment 491111
View attachment 491112
View attachment 491113

In this case it’s maintenance, but a sort of fun fact on most trackless rides (like this one and Runaway Railway) there are spots that problematic, reactivated vehicles can be “stashed” along the ride path if they are having a hard time getting the RV to go back to the bay, so that downtime is reduced. Off the top of my head, a common one on RotR is between the Cannons on level two and on MMRR is behind the Tornado.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom