Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

djkidkaz

I imagine they will just have "X's" on the ground in certain areas for groups. Just means less people in the prison room at a time and they just guide you to stand on the X. Or in some of the situations they could just bypass the room sequence. FoP for example, instead of having people stand in the room to watch the movie, just open the door and send people through to boarding.

Rob562

I imagine they will just have "X's" on the ground in certain areas for groups. Just means less people in the prison room at a time and they just guide you to stand on the X. Or in some of the situations they could just bypass the room sequence. FoP for example, instead of having people stand in the room to watch the movie, just open the door and send people through to boarding.

There was discussion in another thread that the FoP preshow video likely won't be bypassed because it includes safety and ride restraint information.

In the other Rise thread I hypothesized that the limits on grouping riders could thin the groups out in the holding cells that each group would be able to stay away from each other.

**Spoiler idea**
Or, an alternative I just thought of, perhaps they could skip the show portion of the holding cell. The First Order CM would group the guests outside the cell. They'll walk away with instruction to "stay here, I'll return shortly". While they're away, the cell door opens and the Resistance CM is there, having already broken into the cell. They then go into "we're breaking you out. Stay quiet and follow me" and usher the guests straight through the cell and the cut-open wall to the boarding area.

Don't know if that would work or could even be programmed that way, but it's a thought.

-Rob

Marc Davis Fan

So much of this attraction hinged on the entire experience. Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror are similar. The pre-shows are as memorable and important as the attraction itself imho. I’m glad I rode it when I did.

Agreed. Especially considering that Disney needs to use everything at their disposal to remain ahead of the competition, it would be awful if they downgraded such essential preshows. Hopefully, they will find a way to safely and efficiently maintain the preshow experiences as they are...

Old Mouseketeer

I think it's pretty simple to start: Working backwards, they only put one family/friends group in each transport. So they group them that way out in the hallway on the colored bars, resulting in roughly half as many people in the holding cell. This would also let them put colored bars on the floor of the holding cell, keeping groups apart. Finally, at the beginning they reduce the capacity of the escape shuttles and maybe put indicators on the floor. They could also put a CM on the shuttle before it returns from the docking bay to wipe down the bars you hang on to. This plan would reduce capacity (which I think will be inevitable at all major attractions) but it will give them a starting point.

gerarar

Premium Member
Okay so this is something new I found about ROTR!! There are such times where only one ride transport is ran, and it has a completely new custom programmed track/route (sorta).

I guess this happens when something must be wrong with one of the loading platform chargers.

Anyways in the first room, you’re only faced with only one other transport (when Bek tells you to tell them that you’re just another prisoner transfer). At this point of the sequence, you are technically the second lagging ride transport in track B, if there were two transports still present.
34854DD5-9A87-416B-BEB5-8ACE5FF082E0.png

After this room, in the hallway leading to the probe droid, the current lonely ride transport transitions to track A. It races, speeds up (really it does!) to reach the probe droid which is already down, jutting itself forward towards the probe, then backing up quickly. So basically we went from track B to A in this hallway sequence. From this point forward, the current loner transport remains in track A

Some screen grabs showing the missing transport:
A564A1A3-0D4F-4F2A-9B6A-FFE788DF49DE.jpeg

Other transport that should be leading the pack is missing, versus what should happen:
C48783DB-1AAA-4DD1-9FD5-6ED2C62A47D4.png

764D04F0-A4F2-4C94-A1A6-58B24FE137DB.jpeg

Other transport missing from other elevator, elevator also doesn’t move since it’s empty.

37C6F7AA-F534-4E45-9522-E476A3DAAB29.png

FAA2C118-7627-4B99-A568-D23DCE7F90A9.png

Cannon room without transport that would be leading and going first in this room, versus what it should look like:
AFBBC68F-3CD9-4F33-B0A2-4D165E1F6A4C.png

7937A2F6-6EBC-40D7-96FA-02D4BA251968.png

And last, the escape pod bay without the leading transport, versus what should happen:
90813891-892B-4A1C-BFD8-7F72F6D40E78.png

I just thought this was really cool as the Imagineers thought of this situation and actually accounted for it by programming a custom track for it! I guess we can officially dub this as Track A/B since it technically does both throughout its escape.

I attached the video of this specific ride, starts @ 27:03

SWGalaxysEdge

RotR RIDE UPDATE - Not officially confirmed so I have to call it a "rumor" but from a good trusted source.
  • RotR cave queue will have social distancing markers on the ground.
  • BB-8/Rey pre-show will be more limited and socially distance marked.
  • Nothing has been determined yet about the ITS shuttle pre-show.
  • Nothing has been determined yet about the holding cell area.
  • Ride Vehicles - Single riders - 1 in front 1 in back
  • Ride Vehicles - Families/groups - All can sit in same car. Up to 8

gerarar

Premium Member
Does anyone know/remember the dispatch intervals of the ITS and the RV’s?
From my own calculations, both ride transports dispatch once every 30-31 seconds (as in back to back, no buffer time in between dispatches)

I got this from watching and timing 5 different videos of the AT-AT room where you can see the previous transports that launched before you for a quick second or two. You can see the other transport on the front AT-AT track being shot at at the mirror on the far wall. The other occurrence is with the final Kylo encounter before the door shuts and Kylo pulls you in.

Not sure if this a correct way to figure out time intervals, but that’s what I have on record for myself.

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

From my own calculations, both ride transports dispatch once every 30-31 seconds.

I got this from watching and timing 5 different videos of the AT-AT room where you can see the previous transports that launched before you for a quick second or two. You can see the other transport on the front AT-AT track being shot at. The other occurrence is with the final Kylo encounter before the door shuts and Kylo pulls you in.

Not sure if this a correct way to figure out time intervals, but that’s what I have on record for myself.

I would time the ITS from the time the doors open on the outside to the time the doors open in the Hanger Bay.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If you can find a video of someone who entered the big hangar and stuck around for pictures and gawking until the next group arrived, that would be the ITS cycle.

Or it should be roughly one-third the time the doors opened to enter to when the doors closed behind you after enter the big hangar room.

rowrbazzle

Is there a request one can make for the front view where the...
walkers shoot at you?
I have a friend going for the first time and with no hopping allowed, he'll only get one shot at the ride. I'd like for him to get the best experience, but I never could figure out which spot got which route.

peter11435

Is there a request one can make for the front view where the...
walkers shoot at you?
I have a friend going for the first time and with no hopping allowed, he'll only get one shot at the ride. I'd like for him to get the best experience, but I never could figure out which spot got which route.
Honestly both “tracks” are great experiences and both have their pros and cons.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don’t often self-plug, but coming in December is a huge edit I’ve made of Rise of the Resistance. I’ve taken an in depth look at the lands origins, the rides design, layout and construction, and then the whole experience from walk in to walk out, using a good two dozen ride throughs to select the best angles and to ensure no detail is missed, from the preshow to the transport, from the Star Destroyer to the ride. The audio mix is also one of my better-than-just-live custom mixes.

Given the state of the world this year I couldn’t have produced this without the help of some generous friends and websites, WDWMagic included.

mergatroid

I don’t often self-plug, but coming in December is a huge edit I’ve made of Rise of the Resistance. I’ve taken an in depth look at the lands origins, the rides design, layout and construction, and then the whole experience from walk in to walk out, using a good two dozen ride throughs to select the best angles and to ensure no detail is missed, from the preshow to the transport, from the Star Destroyer to the ride. The audio mix is also one of my better-than-just-live custom mixes.

Given the state of the world this year I couldn’t have produced this without the help of some generous friends and websites, WDWMagic included.

Roll on December :cool:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Sadly, I will be unable to watch this video until I experience the attraction first-hand myself. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom