Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

SWGalaxysEdge

But what about the hanger??? is it a screen or not????

OK got the answer for you - and a couple more...
(1) Hanger room - it is a concave wall, painted black. - Like the escape pod "drop" wall, only black.
(2) Parking spaces for the cars on the second floor - NO charging pads. Just for broken down cars.

1598157654018.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
(1) Hanger room - it is a concave wall, painted black. - Like the escape pod "drop" wall, only black.
(2) Parking spaces for the cars on the second floor - NO charging pads. Just for broken down cars.

View attachment 492604

That's the last bit of leaked blueprints I need to build my own RotR!

I'll be back in a few days to report how it went!!!

yensidtlaw1969

A wall colored black looks more convincing than a screen then.
Depends on the effect you're trying to achieve.

For portraying the inky blackness of space with minimal spacecraft activity on top of it, it's a really effective choice for more than a few reasons.

But when you're showing a scene with more activity, like outside the windows on the bridge and outside the escape pods, you need something that allows for the whites of the projections to show up clean and bright. IE: a white (or silvery) projection surface.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Depends on the effect you're trying to achieve.

For portraying the inky blackness of space with minimal spacecraft activity on top of it, it's a really effective choice for more than a few reasons.

But when you're showing a scene with more activity, like outside the windows on the bridge and outside the escape pods, you need something that allows for the whites of the projections to show up clean and bright. IE: a white (or silvery) projection surface.
Here’s a photo I took of one of the Transformers lifts. Albeit illuminated by work lights but you can see the colour of an “action scene” screen

436E734E-105A-461C-A61C-694C51E3051A.png

Magic Feather

View attachment 492604
I’m also under the impression that, like most things on this attraction, the projection system in the hangar is more than meets the eye. If I recall correctly, the stars and ships are run on two separate projection systems, with the stars using some type of laser projection.
To try and prevent the stars and ships from overlapping, there is something that “deactivates” stars (fading them off) whenever a larger, slow moving ship is nearing it (like the Star Destroyer projections). Meanwhile, the senors don’t pick up the smaller, faster ships, like the TIE projections, causing them to overlap with the star projections (making both visible on top of each other).

180º

I’m also under the impression that, like most things on this attraction, the projection system in the hangar is more than meets the eye. If I recall correctly, the stars and ships are run on two separate projection systems, with the stars using some type of laser projection.
To try and prevent the stars and ships from overlapping, there is something that “deactivates” stars (fading them off) whenever a larger, slow moving ship is nearing it (like the Star Destroyer projections). Meanwhile, the senors don’t pick up the smaller, faster ships, like the TIE projections, causing them to overlap with the star projections (making both visible on top of each other).
Pretty cool! That would certainly explain why the stars outside the hangar bay appear to flicker intensely on video as photographed lasers often do.

gerarar

Premium Member
Finally! A full fledged POV of the ride only running one RV/transport per dispatch. This seems like from today — but instead of the normal two RVs that would leave loading, only one is present and leaves.

This special mode is also the one where your RV can go from Track B to Track A in the probe droid sequence, depending on the loading room you leave from

From what I can tell, this happens because one of the elevators may be down. In this instance (and previous times), it’s the Track B elevator (side AT-AT). When you get to unload, there’s also only one RV present in the first two unloads as shown:
1AE30333-DE9E-4732-90F8-952155EB9E97.png

This of course hurts ride capacity a lot, as if it wasn’t already handicapped from the one party per RV restriction. Therefore, BG calling slows down since capacity reduced by about 30%.

Also shown in the POV linked is there is one parked RV in the cannon/gun room. I’m guessing this is from when the ride went down earlier and they switched the ride to only run one RV at a time.

The video also shows the audio problems, that have been plaguing the ride for the past week, right before and entering the AT-AT room. No background soundtrack.

Edit: capacity reduction updated from input by marni

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
First time seeing this done/reported since reopening:

They did plenty of this before March, so they should keep doing it!! It really helps sell the stormtrooper AA's.

It's a good way to have the in-person Storm Troopers and still be distanced since they can't walk through the crowds at this time.

gerarar

Premium Member
Around 5:30pm on Aug 29, there was a livestream of the ride and it featured many holding loops that were discussed here, but have yet to be recorded and seen on video. However 4 of them were recorded today in which I’ll try to detail them:

• At about 8:52 into the livestream, the RVs head to the escape pods, but the doors don’t open. They instead sit idle there while the soundtrack continues to play in the background. That’s pretty much it for this holding loop, you get an extended listen at the soundtrack!
  • After you go thru the whole drop sequence in the escape pod, you get to hear Fin scream and talk about the doors being shut and won’t open. What’s also neat about this is that R5 in still interacting with you the riders and Fin! How awesome and cool is that!! This goes on for a whole minute until the doors finally open, and Fin has an audio track of relief that you got out...which then leads into the usual “Nice job recruits...”
  • While inside the “tunnel”, the RVs stop once again. Because of this, Fin and the Resistance flight officer (I presume) go back and forth on why the transports have stopped moving. The officer suggests R5 is rebeling because he’s looking for some compensation! And once again R5 is interacting and squealing. R5 suggests some backup batteries and an oil bath and Fin agrees, but is dumbfounded to see R5 is not budging yet.
  • Once the RVs move and see the light/outdoors, Fin is now looking for Lt. Bek. He goes back and forth with the same Officer from the last holding loop of how there’s wreckage, more escape pods coming, etc. Another officer joins the hunt and communicates on the search efforts. There’s over 2 mins of extra dialogue here, after that just the soundtrack plays until you can finally go to unload and hear Lt. Bek again.

Here’s the livestream link, I suggest starting from 8:52 and watching it to the end to see all 4 holding loops in its entirety. ROTR continues to amaze me with all of its complexity and thought out contingencies. There’s about 5mins of extra dialogue here that was recorded and will barely be ever heard except for rare situations like this.
Kudos to the Imagineers!!

Note: I posted this in the other ROTR thread, but I think it also should go here for any discussions and such.

Last edited:

Movielover

Around 5:30pm on Aug 29, there was a livestream of the ride and it featured many holding loops that were discussed here, but have yet to be recorded and seen on video. However 4 of them were recorded today in which I’ll try to detail them:

• At about 8:52 into the livestream, the RVs head to the escape pods, but the doors don’t open. They instead sit idle there while the soundtrack continues to play in the background. That’s pretty much it for this holding loop, you get an extended listen at the soundtrack!
  • After you go thru the whole drop sequence in the escape pod, you get to hear Fin scream and talk about the doors being shut and won’t open. What’s also neat about this is that R5 in still interacting with you the riders and Fin! How awesome and cool is that!! This goes on for a whole minute until the doors finally open, and Fin has an audio track of relief that you got out...which then leads into the usual “Nice job recruits...”
  • While inside the “tunnel”, the RVs stop once again. Because of this, Fin and the Resistance flight officer (I presume) go back and forth on why the transports have stopped moving. The officer suggests R5 is rebeling because he’s looking for some compensation! And once again R5 is interacting and squealing. R5 suggests some backup batteries and an oil bath and Fin agrees, but is dumbfounded to see R5 is not budging yet.
  • Once the RVs move and see the light/outdoors, Fin is now looking for Lt. Bek. He goes back and forth with the same Officer from the last holding loop of how there’s wreckage, more escape pods coming, etc. Another officer joins the hunt and communicates on the search efforts. There’s over 2 mins of extra dialogue here, after that just the soundtrack plays until you can finally go to unload and hear Lt. Bek again.

Here’s the livestream link, I suggest starting from 8:52 and watching it to the end to see all 4 holding loops in its entirety. ROTR continues to amaze me with all of its complexity and thought out contingencies. There’s about 5mins of extra dialogue here that was recorded and will barely be ever heard except for rare situations like this.
Kudos to the Imagineers!!

Note: I posted this in the other ROTR thread, but I think it also should go here for any discussions and such.

Great, so not only do I have to have a E-Vac to check off on this ride, We now have a Lord of the Rings Extended Edition type situation here where theoretically you could experience all of these extended sequences if you are lucky. The pacing of the story would become a mess but it would be interesting...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom