Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

180º

I could have been clearer. The second /end load hall of the two to the right drives out forwards. The other / first one on this side, and both on the left side, reverse out.

IIRC the first load area to the right has guests load via right hand vehicle doors. The other three load areas all load via left hand doors.
This is not true, at least at Disneyland. Both load areas in the right hall have the vehicles facing the ride door and load from their left hand vehicle doors. Could your information be outdated? I wonder if this has anything to do with the accessibility revisions. I had no idea the RVs even had functioning right hand doors.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is not true, at least at Disneyland. Both load areas in the right hall have the vehicles facing the ride door and load from their left hand vehicle doors. Could your information be outdated? I wonder if this has anything to do with the accessibility revisions. I had no idea the RVs even had functioning right hand doors.
Shows how much I know then! 😂

RSoxNo1

IIRC the first load area to the right has guests load via right hand vehicle doors. The other three load areas all load via left hand doors.
That seems like an additional unnecessary complication. Do doors open on both sides of the vehicles at unload as well or are there 75% of the vehicles with left hand doors and 25% with right hand doors?

Parker in NYC

Could it be that Ops wants to add vehicles to start raising capacity, but the higher ups are vetoing for fear of more breakdowns?

BeFunky-photo.png

Castle Cake Apologist

So are they suggesting the operating count is being held BACK... or that WDI didn't actually deliver the full complement of ride vehicles based on TDA's input?

It is my understanding that the higher-ups do not believe that the ride can handle additional vehicles being cycled in yet, but that the Cast feels they are ready to try. AFAIK, all vehicles are on-site, just not being used. I believe at least 10 vehicles are not cycling currently.

You mean to tell me I could have been watching vines and cat videos this whole time?

By the way, we're watching Tik Toks now. Same kind of thing, different name.

father-audio-animatronic-carousel-of-progress-tomorrowland-magic-kingdom-walt-disney-world.jpg

Last edited:

CM.X777

Don’t they have 36 vehicles ,imo I think that is enough .

It can run a max of 36, currently they are being capped at 22.

Could it be that Ops wants to add vehicles to start raising capacity, but the higher ups are vetoing for fear of more breakdowns?

Pretty much, the way it sounds, everyone below Chapek feels confident in running at least a handful more vehicles. The main problem is Chapek is an idiot when it comes to understanding ops, so him making an ops decision is a stupid one.

Parker in NYC

It can run a max of 36, currently they are being capped at 22.

Pretty much, the way it sounds, everyone below Chapek feels confident in running at least a handful more vehicles. The main problem is Chapek is an idiot when it comes to understanding ops, so him making an ops decision is a stupid one.

But it's shutting down at 22! I'll never vouch for Chapek but if you can't make it up the mountain with 20 pounds on your back, why add more weight and hope for the best?

CM.X777

But it's shutting down at 22! I'll never vouch for Chapek but if you can't make it up the mountain with 20 pounds on your back, why add more weight and hope for the best?

Because the reasons for break downs has a lot less to do with the vehicle count than you'd think.

Going up to say 30 vehicles wouldn't really increase the risk of a breakdown, you'd at least get more people through the attraction before it broke.

Parker in NYC

Because the reasons for break downs has a lot less to do with the vehicle count than you'd think.

Going up to say 30 vehicles wouldn't really increase the risk of a breakdown, you'd at least get more people through the attraction before it broke.

Thank you, I didn't know that.

Rob562

Stupid question, but shouldn't the number of vehicles be a multiple of 4?

And doesn't Chapek have more important things to decide than the number of ride vehicles being actively cycled through an attraction?

Multiples of two, not four, since that's how they're dispatched.

I also doubt that the ride can run every single vehicle they have. Attractions are built with spares that are kept in reserve, both to swap out malfunctioning vehicles during the day as well as allow long-term maintenance to refurb and replace wear items on them according to maintenance schedules. Work that can't necessarily be done in a single overnight session.

-Rob

gerarar

Premium Member
This isn’t the best quality but I’ve recently noticed a little detail I found super cool. You’ll see there are no storm troopers in the hanger when you’re being pulled in but as you get closer you actually watch all the storm troopers run out and into position. Such a nice touch.
View attachment 444930
Imagine if they had a CM as a stormtrooper run out to join the lineup last second, as the doors to the transporter open. Now that would be a nice touch on top of all the nice touches :p

Then one of the first order officers could be like FN ### why are you late again?! The stormtrooper could trigger one of its little prerecorded messages.
Oh man the possibilities that little show would do, as you’re being ushered by.

Purduevian

We are actually able to figure out the current throughput and average dispatch rate based on the rate that boarding groups are being called while the ride isn't broken down.
Assumptions:
-100 people per boarding group (0 no shows)
-While ride is running, Ops is keeping the line ~the same length
-End of day data is not accurate as they are building are building a 2ish hour long line
-All seats are filled
-Any errors between no shows and empty seats will hopefully balance out over the long term.
Using the data from yesterday from thrill-data:
1580306189217.png

From ~9:05 to ~12:45 pm there didn't seem to be any slow down in calling boarding groups. In those 3 hours and 40 minutes, Groups 24 to 75 were called. That gives us [74-25*100] 4,900 people over [3*60+40] 220 minutes. For a final people per hour through put of [4,900 people/220minutes *60 min/hr]= 1,336 pph.

Because the ride releases 16 people per cycle we have [1336pph/16people per cycle] 83.5 cycles per hour. Meaning the seconds between dispatches [1/83.5*3600] 43.1 seconds between cycles.

Just for fun we can compare this to Disneyland RotR yesterday Using data from Thrill-data once again:
1580306976737.png

Kinda hard to tell when they started speeding up to build the hour long time for their 9pm closing and 8pm last call, but it seems the speed up happened around 6pm. Therefore we will take the range from 2:00pm to 6:00pm where they called groups 43 to 84. That gives us [84-43*100] = 4100 people over 4 hours (240 minutes). The final people per hour through put of [4,100/4]=1,025 pph.

Looking at a dispatch time [1,025/16]=64.1 cycles per hour. Meaning there are [1/64.1*3600] 56.16 seconds between cycles.

Attachments

• 1580306928791.png
    1580306928791.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 104

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom