Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

disneygeek90

I don't see many mentioning this; but, other than the boarding group situation - what Disney is doing here is the same as what occurred with their last E-ticket in Flight of Passage? Flight of Passage didn't have soft openings and had a grand opening date. It also suffered (and still does) with being unable to run at full capacity. The only difference was that because it is a screen based theater, you can keep the attraction open when one or more theaters are down. If you are waiting for all four of those doors to open on FoP, there are days when you won't see it happen. Rise can't do this unfortunately. It's a traditional dark ride style ride with everything going through one show building. If one part of that chain fails, the whole thing is 101 until it resets or is repaired. Be careful what you wish for as I think a return to traditional dark rides is what we all wanted.
My only rebuttal in this is that they did have AP previews for Pandora before the initial open. I was able to experience both rides before the open dates and my first view turning the corner of the floating mountains, with the land empty, and a light rain falling onto the land was a view I'll never forget.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm still blown away by both times I was able to experience ROTR - especially the one on opening day! And, sad that it will be several years before I can go back.
But, as I read about the reports of down time, the criticism of the ride not being ready, etc., the programmer nerd in me is just dying to have a sneak peak into how this ride works. You know, an opportunity to read some of the code, see how it is unit tested before applied to the ride, then tested with the ride. I've been involved with business software my entire career. This would be so different, but so interesting!
/dream mode on
I know that it will never happen, but a backstage tour of this ride and how it works would have be totally nerding out. I would definitely be willing to pay for such an experience.
/dream mode off

They did cover a bit of it in the final episode of the Imagineering Story if you haven't seen that yet

Steph15251

My only rebuttal in this is that they did have AP previews for Pandora before the initial open. I was able to experience both rides before the open dates and my first view turning the corner of the floating mountains, with the land empty, and a light rain falling onto the land was a view I'll never forget.
FP also had cast previews too

Rich Brownn

It amazes me that World of Motion has a throughput of over 3,000 people an hours, yet often had two hour lines. Thats 6,000 people in line!! Of course the days of mega capacity rides is over, probably because wait times fell off rather quickly at EPCOT. It was actually over-capacited for its time. (Pirates had a huge throuput because it followed Small World design. And Small World was designed or the New York World's Fair which was expected to draw 70 million people in 12 months (It only drew 55 million though). Capacity was obviously everything at the fair... Sponsors wanted to leave a good impression, not 6 hour lines.

Peter Sciretta

I’m curious if there is a method to tell which track your vehicle will take? (Head of atat vs side of atat)

I thought I had figured out that whatever ride vehicle enters the disco room first was the one to come face to fact with the front of the ATAT but I’ve now seen a bunch of videos from Disneyland where that isn’t the case. I know there must be a method to it. Anyone have any insight?

disneygeek90

I’m curious if there is a method to tell which track your vehicle will take? (Head of atat vs side of atat)

I thought I had figured out that whatever ride vehicle enters the disco room first was the one to come face to fact with the front of the ATAT but I’ve now seen a bunch of videos from Disneyland where that isn’t the case. I know there must be a method to it. Anyone have any insight?
Front AT-AT is right hallway blue/red, straight hallway orange/silver

disneygeek90

Is there only two paths or are there other minor differences. I think there ae four loading rooms, right? So would it be correct to say that two each of the loading rooms offer identical experiences?
You can have a different experience from someone else in your room. It’s based on your car position, not loading room. There’s two paths in total.

Peter Sciretta

Is there only two paths or are there other minor differences. I think there ae four loading rooms, right? So would it be correct to say that two each of the loading rooms offer identical experiences?

I believe there isn’t a difference beyond the two paths. That would be cool if there were slight differences, and it would be possible with these trackless vehicles.

DarkMetroid567

also random side note. I first preferred front AT-AT side but now prefer the blaster side. I think it just makes the laser/cannon scene much more impactful, and I dig the electricity effect when you’re being shot at.

Tom Morrow

How many holding cells and loading areas are there? I haven't figured this one out yet.

I finally got my second ride in after a little over a month. It's still a fantastic experience. After my first ride I made the mistake of watching a bunch of videos of it before riding again (I went in mostly blind the first time). I wish I had not even done this, because I ended up remembering the sequence of events from the videos on my second ride and would have been surprised all over again otherwise.

My initial nitpicks still stand:

- I know they try for this, but the time between your ship being captured and being placed in the holding cell should be kept to under 10 minutes. I think both times it was about 15 minutes for me, and this really kills the momentum.

- Even just a few physical effects (smoke, pyro) would go a long way.

disneygeek90

also random side note. I first preferred front AT-AT side but now prefer the blaster side. I think it just makes the laser/cannon scene much more impactful, and I dig the electricity effect when you’re being shot at.
I agree! I came to this conclusion a couple weeks ago too. My reasons from the other thread:
While the view gets the front AT-AT and the probe droid, I think the other view is superior. I like being “first” out to the AT-AT’s and seeing that door close right in front of you as you think you’ll get to escape. I also enjoy being the first out with the turrets shooting, you really feel like you’re dodging as the three move in and out. Lastly, I think you get a better wind effect when Kylo is blown out and his reveal is more impactful, and once again you’re first leading out to the escape pod.

disneygeek90

How many holding cells and loading areas are there? I haven't figured this one out yet.

I finally got my second ride in after a little over a month. It's still a fantastic experience. After my first ride I made the mistake of watching a bunch of videos of it before riding again (I went in mostly blind the first time). I wish I had not even done this, because I ended up remembering the sequence of events from the videos on my second ride and would have been surprised all over again otherwise.

My initial nitpicks still stand:

- I know they try for this, but the time between your ship being captured and being placed in the holding cell should be kept to under 10 minutes. I think both times it was about 15 minutes for me, and this really kills the momentum.

- Even just a few physical effects (smoke, pyro) would go a long way.
4 cells in total, 2 on each wing.

I will say the line in the hangar has been much improved from my first few rides. My last few I have walked at least halfway down the hall, if not further. Today at about 9am it was no more than 5 minutes until we were being sorted, compared to my first couple where the line was nearly flowing into the storm trooper room.

Tom Morrow

4 cells in total, 2 on each wing.

I will say the line in the hangar has been much improved from my first few rides. My last few I have walked at least halfway down the hall, if not further. Today at about 9am it was no more than 5 minutes until we were being sorted, compared to my first couple where the line was nearly flowing into the storm trooper room.
Does that mean there are also four different loading areas?

disneygeek90

Does that mean there are also four different loading areas?
I think so. I know depending on what cell you’re in the door can open on either side, but just based on the positioning of how you load it doesn’t seem possible that it could share a loading area with another cell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom