Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

tissandtully

With all of my rides there’s one thing I noticed: guests in my vehicle including myself started clapping on our own when it was done. Compare this to, say, Universal where the team members attempt to initiate the clapping. It’s also pretty funny how there’s a line of cast members as you’re walking out hyping you up like you’re a sports star walking onto the field. I couldn’t resist high fiving them all lol.

Everyone at Disney knows what they have here.
I was clapping and cheering during the whole thing, it was awesome.

tissandtully

Advertisement
You’re the first one to notice this because no one likes the ride enough to go on it...
I've been on it quite a few times, it's a fun ride, but man do they need an auto-pilot mode. I've had the worst pilots the last couple times I rode this weekend.

bubbles1812

So what's the plan after the briefing room in case of rain? Resistance umbrellas?

You know I thought about that as we moved through but honestly they hustle you so fast onto the Transport that I doubt you’d get more than a sprinkling. And the area seemed semi covered? (Sorry, I was so in awe of what we walked out to between Poe’s X-Wing and the Transport that I didn’t really look up. Haha)

I’m sure there will be some resistance raincoats for the paid rebels.

Last edited:

BrianLo

The only thing soarin and FOP have in common is that it's a motionbase of some sort in front of a giant screen of some sort. Mechanically, operationally, and even media-tech wise they're completely different.

I was more wondering what Martin thinks, as a basis for decoding when he is saying the upcoming ride is “derivative”.

He has too many posts to sort through, but I believe that was his opinion of flight of passage. Didn’t want to directly put words in his mouth though.

I’m on the same page as you, but felt his comment required more context.

Edit- I used a search feature. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Well, the Soarin 2.0 foundations are clear.

No motorbike coaster then...

Last edited:

MansionButler84

In the Parks
No
I was more wondering what Martin thinks, as a basis for decoding when he is saying the upcoming ride is “derivative”.

He has too many posts to sort through, but I believe that was his opinion of flight of passage. Didn’t want to directly put words in his mouth though.

I’m on the same page as you, but felt his comment required more clarification.
Your avatar has moved you up 4 slots on my Favorite Posters List.

Congratulations.

Hawg G

The only thing soarin and FOP have in common is that it's a motionbase of some sort in front of a giant screen of some sort. Mechanically, operationally, and even media-tech wise they're completely different.

So the only thing they have in common is that you watch a movie on a huge screen, and are on a motion base that tilts you and moves up and down some. EVERYTHING else, which includes.....

Well, everything else is different.

Mike S

So the only thing they have in common is that you watch a movie on a huge screen, and are on a motion base that tilts you and moves up and down some. EVERYTHING else, which includes.....

Well, everything else is different.
FoP is just flat out better in every way especially after “Around the World.”

Top Bottom