Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

retroeric

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I don't feel like sifting through 266 pages. :) Why are you not allowed to leave Galaxy's Edge after getting a RotR boarding time? Or was that just something they installed for opening day? I would've loved to leave the SWGE area and take advantage of super short lines at Slinky Dog or RnRC during the 4 hours I waited in the virtual queue.

disneygeek90

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I don't feel like sifting through 266 pages. :) Why are you not allowed to leave Galaxy's Edge after getting a RotR boarding time? Or was that just something they installed for opening day? I would've loved to leave the SWGE area and take advantage of super short lines at Slinky Dog or RnRC during the 4 hours I waited in the virtual queue.
You don’t have to be in galaxys edge. You don’t even have to be in galaxys edge to claim a BG, just tap into the gate entrance. Then you can go to slinky or even another park until you’re called.

drizgirl

I can't even imagine how crowded that area would be if people had to stay in the area. You don't even have to stay in the park. You just have to be back within 2 hours of your BG being called.

WDWFREAK53

I was there opening day and it wasn't the case. You didn't have to stay in SWGE.

DarkMetroid567

Correct the last two aren’t e tickets. Pooh uses the ride system the best and those pots can move fast when they want to, mystic uses it the worst just going from spot to spot not really adding much thrill but has the most complete old school Disney dark ride feel. Rat is probably closer Rise than any of them but nowhere near as good of cojeaw

Rise is definitely the second best of this type. I really don't think Pooh has been outdone.

The AT-AT scene gave me big vibes of the fridge scene from Ratatouille with all the oversized food and shelves towering over you. The AT scene doesn't really stun me until we get that awesome elevator.

totchos

Just got off the ride for the first time. I had a good idea of what was going to happen but I was still blown away (as was everyone else in my group). A few things in particular that were notable:

- Entering and exiting the transport ship on the same side threw everyone off. Everyone audibly gasped when the door opened. They were all talking about it even onto the interrogation and wondering how it worked. They all seemed to think we went underground?? (which doesn't really make sense but still funny to hear)
- Star Destroyer is incredible but i'm sure we all knew that already. The family in front of me thought the stormtroopers were actual people. Imagine having to stand there all day lol
- First Order Cast Members were great. They really sell the experience.
-The whole ride is just awesome. The scale, the animatronics, etc, etc. *Its crazy how fast the Star Destroyer guns move*
-I was expecting the drop but it still got me. It felt almost as though we were being tilted back a bit as it dropped?? Maybe im just imagining things haha

I honestly cant wait to come back to ride it. For reference, I got to the gate at 5:45am and the park was listed to open at 7am. Started letting people in at 6:35am and I got in at 11:43am- all rides were open already. I got boarding group 34. if you guys are debating whether or not to wake up early and do it, I would recommend just doing it. The one thing I heard getting off the ride from everyone was “that was so worth it.” Okay rant over.

Incomudro

Just got off the ride for the first time. I had a good idea of what was going to happen but I was still blown away (as was everyone else in my group). A few things in particular that were notable:

- Entering and exiting the transport ship on the same side threw everyone off. Everyone audibly gasped when the door opened. They were all talking about it even onto the interrogation and wondering how it worked. They all seemed to think we went underground?? (which doesn't really make sense but still funny to hear)
- Star Destroyer is incredible but i'm sure we all knew that already. The family in front of me thought the stormtroopers were actual people. Imagine having to stand there all day lol
-The whole ride is just awesome. The scale, the animatronics, etc, etc. *Its crazy how fast the Star Destroyer guns move*
-I was expecting the drop but it still got me. It felt almost as though we were being tilted back a bit as it dropped?? Maybe im just imagining things haha

I honestly cant wait to come back to ride it. For reference, I got to the gate at 5:45am and the park was listed to open at 7am. Started letting people in at 6:35am and I got in at 11:43am- all rides were open already. I got boarding group 34. if you guys are debating whether or not to wake up early and do it, I would recommend just doing it. The one thing I heard getting off the ride from everyone was “that was so worth it.” Okay rant over.

Nice information, thank you!
My April trip can't arrive soon enough.

Disney Analyst

Made my partner watch a video yesterday of the entire thing, and he also asked me if the Stormtroopers were Cast Members.

bubbles1812

I was told we did, otherwise our boarding time would be avoided. That's interesting, thanks for letting me know. I guess I wasted a lot of time standing around then.
What the what!? Who told you that? I feel like you were possibly trolled. I don’t think the system would be able to tell if you left the park, much less one small area. We ran around doing rides while we waited. I’m sorry for your experience :(

kap91

My inner engineer is curious about a few things and I was wondering if anyone could share some insight?

Does anyone know how the ride vehicles actually work? Like not the navigational piece - I get that more or less, but mechanically how the vehicles are able to move in any direction, seemingly without any steering or adjusting necessary? Or why previous generation trackless systems require the "puck" and these don't. Based on the tire tracks I'm guessing it might be similar to a riding mower, maybe mounted to a spinning disk but that's really just a wild guess.

Also anyone else know why the two up elevators required the large pieces of machinery sticking out of the roof, but the four down elevators/ motion bases don't?

A113FX

My inner engineer is curious about a few things and I was wondering if anyone could share some insight?

Does anyone know how the ride vehicles actually work? Like not the navigational piece - I get that more or less, but mechanically how the vehicles are able to move in any direction, seemingly without any steering or adjusting necessary? Or why previous generation trackless systems require the "puck" and these don't. Based on the tire tracks I'm guessing it might be similar to a riding mower, maybe mounted to a spinning disk but that's really just a wild guess.

Also anyone else know why the two up elevators required the large pieces of machinery sticking out of the roof, but the four down elevators/ motion bases don't?

I'm assuming due to the large load that is being lifted the equipment for the elevators are at the top vs the large load being a controlled drop with a motion base on the platform the equipment is in the massive hole we saw them dig during construction.

rsm

I assume that the guts of the puck are still there - just that this "troop transport" concept has a more natural design "excuse" to cosmetically hide it.

1576186174581.png

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Door reveal exit from our cell: What/who causes it to open and how?
Is this part of the storyline explained? I can't tell from the videos.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
If you happen to look that way, you'll see the ragged edges glow... Resistance cut their way through.

with what instrument though? Nitpicky I know but it just dawned on me with a second viewing of a POV youtube clip that it isn't outright explained-away or shown. Easy fix too if they want to give a CM a prop to hold. No biggie though, just thought it interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom