Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

yensidtlaw1969

In the Parks
No
Was Shaman technically an A1000? For some reason, I was under the impression that she was in a class of her own.
I know final Kylo is an A1000. Bridge Kylo also looks to be one. To me the hold up is the Bridge Hux, because it seems awfully... limited. However, I don’t know what else it would be.
I guess she could be - I do remember seeing in some offical Disney promotional material that Hondo is outclassed only by her - though this was back in the early part of this year before any of Galaxy's Edge had come online, so who knows how the RotR animatronics affect that standing.

I'm inclined to agree that of the 3 I listed Hux is the most likely to not be an A1000 - while good, something about him does seem a little stilted. The fact that he only ever faces away from the guests would seem to be at least a little telling. Which is why I wondered if maybe Beck was an A1000, since I'd think you'd spend the money where guests would really see it.

EDITED To Add: As I went back and noted in my post above, it's actually unlikely that Beck in the Transport Ship is an A1000 since there are 3 of them, one in each simulator. So it's more likely that he's not A1000, or he would be "all of them" if it's true that the attraction only has 3.

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

Advertisement
However, I don’t know what else it would be.
It's one of the storm troopers in the main hanger... second row, fourth from the left I believe... it has a sensor so that whenever the room is empty, it is programmed to perform the complete history of dance, but when guests are in the room, it stays in character moving as little as possible. It's a shame no guests will actually get to see the programing, it's quite impressive!

DoubleJ21

Haha. Unfortunately all false. Finn is much more complex than Sigourney (although, they may have refused a similar body sculpt/structure). Humphrey and Ingrid were incredibly basic figures compared to Ren and Hux. Witch, while closer, is highly unlikely. I believe Final Ren is an A1000, while the witch was (the first) A100.
I wonder, do all of the stormtroopers have a little movement, or just a few?

SWGalaxysEdge

There's a rumor going around that some of the AAs in the ride are repurposed from GMR. Most notably one of the Finn AAs is the Sigourney Weaver AA and the final Kylo is the Wicked Witch. The other one was that Kylo and Hux are Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman.

I have zero evidence that this is true, just seeking confirmation or denial.
..checking on this.

kap91

For clarity, is Flight of Passage derivative of Soaring?

I'm kind of under the impression it's like a Star Tours that turns into FOP, which is derivative, but technically new?
The only thing soarin and FOP have in common is that it's a motionbase of some sort in front of a giant screen of some sort. Mechanically, operationally, and even media-tech wise they're completely different.

Tonto

..well Shanghai does have a 20 foot wraparound screen....

View attachment 432198
All good points! I haven't been on Pirates Shanghi, but I'm inclined to give ROTR a vote over Pirates as it incorporates some amazing technology beyond screens, and not to mention multiple ride systems. I also tend to think its more cinematic in look and in its scope of story telling.

Mike S

..well Shanghai does have a 20 foot wraparound screen....

View attachment 432198
Not that it’s a contest but I think the screen in the Star Destroyer hangar is bigger 😉🤣

I read it was 100 feet.
All good points! I haven't been on Pirates Shanghi, but I'm inclined to give ROTR a vote over Pirates as it incorporates some amazing technology beyond screens, and not to mention multiple ride systems. I also tend to think its more cinematic in look and in its scope of story telling.
The story of SPotC is a bit bare and simplistic. Watch it with English subtitles to see what I mean.
It’s all about the show with this one. Unlike RotR where the story does indeed match the scale.

Last edited:

DarkMetroid567

Nothing in Rise beats the skeleton Jack effect, though. It still amazes me.

doctornick

This ride is on par with Shanghai Pirates and blows the other 3 Disney LPS rides away. Wow.
Aren't there more than 3 such rides?

Tokyo Pooh
Mystic Manor
Ratatouille
Aquatopia
Luigis

I'm guess you're not counting the last two, but still they are LPS, right?

Top Bottom