Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Incomudro

I was just noticing that as well. The giant “wall of space” in the star destroyer looks insane too.

I knew it would.
I won't see this ride 'till April, but I knew when I saw images of the hangar being constructed and then saw that there was to be a space view behind it, that this area was meant to and was going to deliver a great sense of vastness.
I knew it was meant to be a jaw dropper.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I'd love to know what makes this ride tick... I'm sure there's a way to make sure this downtime doesn't happen -- but I'm sure you'd need some of the engineers to troubleshoot who are probably all shipped out to make sure Anaheim is working.

If memory serves correctly Test Track was down a lot when it first opened. It seems to me this is just the usual “working out the kinks” phase of a complex attraction.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I will say that I was concerned how convincing the views out the "windows" would be, but from YouTube videos alone, it looks like quite a convincing effect. Makes me much more confident in the use of the same tech for Space 220 and Star Wars Hotel...

jinx8402

Under normal circumstances it be fair to me to get multiple rides in one day but if you’re closing boarding before the park actually opens they need to rethink that. Some people are able to ride multiple times while others don’t get a chance once.

That, and (for yesterday at least) when the ride went down, they gave a paper fp for ROTR and an anytime fp that could be used on any ride, including ROTR. That anytime FP should exclude ROTR since they are giving out a paper FP. Don't get me wrong, if that was the system they allow, then it's awesome for those who take advantage of it (I probably would too if I was there) but that doesn't mean I can't see the other side especially when all groups are done by the actual opening time.

was here at 6am, got boarding group 18. Checked into ride about 6:45am, as soon as they scanned my band, went on app and joined another boarding party and got 28.

People who got here even earlier like 5am theoretically could nab a 3rd if they played their cards right.

So it pays to come early, like old school paper fast passes. Collect early and often when time frames are much shorter. Once 7am and after hits, more people are grabbing spots.

Plus my first ride today was an evac so we got paper FP to use 🤩

Wow... kind of disappointing they don't have a way to limit people to one digital boarding pass per day. I can't imagine the goal was to have early risers be able to ride multiple times while hundreds of other people walk away angry.

I have no problem waking up early tomorrow, I just hope the buses are running nice and early... guess I can't ask any CM's since they will just tell me the park isn't opening until 9am! :(

SWGalaxysEdge

That, and (for yesterday at least) when the ride went down, they gave a paper fp for ROTR and an anytime fp that could be used on any ride, including ROTR. That anytime FP should exclude ROTR since they are giving out a paper FP. Don't get me wrong, if that was the system they allow, then it's awesome for those who take advantage of it (I probably would too if I was there) but that doesn't mean I can't see the other side especially when all groups are done by the actual opening time.

...at the end of the night, Not during the day. (not the park hopper)

SWGalaxysEdge

Wow... kind of disappointing they don't have a way to limit people to one digital boarding pass per day. I can't imagine the goal was to have early risers be able to ride multiple times while hundreds of other people walk away angry.

I have no problem waking up early tomorrow, I just hope the buses are running nice and early... guess I can't ask any CM's since they will just tell me the park isn't opening until 9am! :(

..could make them rescan magic band at the turret. "oops you already rode today, sorry"

KevinPage

Yeah I’m not complaining as it’s to us early birds benefit. Not sure how much of a logistical issue that would be or a PR hassle to turn people away who are there, willing and able to ride. Suppose it’s easier to tell people who were late “sorry gotta get here sooner”.

And the people waking up and getting here are more dedicated so on one hand it’s good they get the benefit as well. Not sure there is a single perfect solution to this.

That being said, I’m toying with the idea of getting here at 5:30am tomorrow. But I’m supposed to be taking the kids to Magic Kingdom. The 3 mountains are gonna feel like a letdown after these 2 days. LOL

KevinPage

The multi experience we received today was for anything EXCEPT RotR, clearly stated so in the app, so maybe they fixed that after yesterday.

Only the paper FP was good for RotR, which makes sense

The_Wilsons

Just watched a video on YouTube and noticed a Railing and ratchet strap has appeared in front of the at-at as your rise up. Wonder if it’s there to solve an issue that cropped up during press day

3F56E4CB-C92A-4F03-960C-E09445C9E877.png

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I knew it would.
I won't see this ride 'till April, but I knew when I saw images of the hangar being constructed and then saw that there was to be a space view behind it, that this area was meant to and was going to deliver a great sense of vastness.
I knew it was meant to be a jaw dropper.
3 4K front projectors with massive throw. One is hidden in plain sight too!
If memory serves correctly Test Track was down a lot when it first opened. It seems to me this is just the usual “working out the kinks” phase of a complex attraction.
This attraction wasn’t ready to open. Test track had six months of software debugging and a year of blowing tyres before it soft opened.
I think honey has an exposed/dark ceiling?
I’ve yet to find out. One day.

Hawg G

I think it began long ago with Universal’s intro of Harry Potter. Disney never did anything to reclaim the throne (FoP is great, but not at that level) and now finally they have.

Hopefully things get even better from here. This has proven that when Disney actually chooses to invest, they can blow anyone out of the water.

It began with The Amazing Adventures of Spider-man opened. And 20 years later, it's still the GOAT.

Disney spent a LOT of money on SWGE. I mean, it does seem they did this ride right, but for that money, they sure better have. I'm not watching POVs, but it is a blend of AAs and video, and new effects. But before we get too ahead of ourselves, let's remember Hobgoblin has been throwing pumpkin bombs, that explode in real fire, at guests for 20 years.

I recall being at Fort Wilderness when I first visited IOA. The CM there said "Spider-man is a good ride, but Disney will beat it soon". It took 20 years for what seems to be essentially a ride that MATCHES Spidey. You can argue all day that it has AAs, so it's better. And maybe a couple AAs in Spidey would improve it, but I'm not really sure they would.

For over 20 years Disney has been coasting. Adding hotel rooms like mad, but not really adding ANY ride capacity, except for at the newest park, that opened with an anemic attraction list. They are finally doing something about it. But at least Universal didn't spend a load of money on FatF, like MFSR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom