News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But... Does it matter? Disney has a long history of opening delays, technical malfunctions and operational blunders going back to 1955. Its just part of the business.

And for the people who have been on the ride and enjoyed it, Disney has met all the expectations and exceeded then. Conceptually, does it really make sense to keep the ride closed and disappoint a larger group of people than opening it to the few?
You give a realistic opening date.

ToTBellHop

This is interesting. Are you implying that the boarding groups' purpose is not to account for low capacity and high demand? Are you able to share what their real purpose is?
360-minute waits really aren’t appealing to Disney. Guest satisfaction and spending fall. Guests spending a fortune want a guarantee that they’ll get on a ride rather than wasted time. This is the purpose of FP tiers, premium packages with ride access, and now BGs. Long waits are anathema to the modern guest. Apparently wandering endlessly in the streets is acceptable (presumably with a $8 pretzel and $14 beer).

Now, a more appropriate response might be to remember how to build rides that can see 3000/guests per hour but apparently that’s no longer possible. Obsolete technology?

Touchdown

I don't believe in lines. I pay extra to avoid them.

Yes, and I’m taking my parents for a weekend in March, and to not make my parents, particularly my father who is a giant Star Wars fan, wake up at the crack of dawn I have a private VIP tour booked; if the policy continues that VIP tours are blocked from ROTR I will be canceling my tour as I could probably be a black market VIP tour guide (without cheating with multiple tickets) myself. The whole reason I shelled out that sum of money was to allow my parents to have breakfast at Crystal Palace and still experience Star Wars.

ToTBellHop

Yes, and I’m taking my parents for a weekend in March, and to not make my parents, particularly my father who is a giant Star Wars fan, wake up at the crack of dawn I have a private VIP tour booked; if the policy continues that VIP tours are blocked from ROTR I will be canceling my tour as I could probably be a black market VIP tour guide (without cheating with multiple tickets) myself. The whole reason I shelled out that sum of money was to allow my parents to have breakfast at Crystal Palace and still experience Star Wars.
Perhaps plan to have dad sleep an extra 15 minutes each night in the week leading up so he can bank that 105 minutes and wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Or cancel the tour, use the money to book a night at Swolphin, and walk over ;)

relic827

360-minute waits really aren’t appealing to Disney. Guest satisfaction and spending fall. Guests spending a fortune want a guarantee that they’ll get on a ride rather than wasted time. This is the purpose of FP tiers, premium packages with ride access, and now BGs. Long waits are anathema to the modern guest. Apparently wandering endlessly in the streets is acceptable (presumably with a $8 pretzel and $14 beer).

Now, a more appropriate response might be to remember how to build rides that can see 3000/guests per hour but apparently that’s no longer possible. Obsolete technology?
Personally, I’d rather choose not to wait in a ridiculously long line than be told I can’t even get in line

Touchdown

Perhaps plan to have dad sleep an extra 15 minutes each night in the week leading up so he can bank that 105 minutes and wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Or cancel the tour, use the money to book a night at Swolphin, and walk over ;)

We’re already staying onsite thank you, I’m going to leave it up to my parents what they want (later start and Crystal Palace or early start and quick breakfast at DHS)

The point is, Disney loses money if they can’t deliver what’s promised for the price.

ToTBellHop

We’re already staying onsite thank you, I’m going to leave it up to my parents what they want (later start and Crystal Palace or early start and quick breakfast at DHS)

The point is, Disney loses money if they can’t deliver what’s promised for the price.
Aren’t we feeling entitled? Apparently we can’t throw money at this problem.

disneygeek90

Got a 9pm tonight @ Morimoto, then getting up at 4:30 to hit the parking lot @ DHS by 5am. Guess I’ll be bringing a bag full of red bull for security to look through 😆
I had planned to wake up at 5 on Saturday. Woke up randomly and 3:30am, and couldn't go back to sleep. The adrenaline and excitement will push you through, no matter how little sleep you get.

bigherosix

Question about the Boarding Groups.

Does the whole party need to be in line to get assigned a Boarding Group or can one member of the family get everyone in the Boarding Group?

Heading down to Disney for Christmas with the family, 10 of us total. So can I wake up and get in line for the Boarding Group and get my whole family in withe Boarding Group with me or do we all (10 of us) need to be up early and in line to get into the Boarding Group?

Thanks!

mooshoo

Did anyone take Disney transportation this morning? I am wondering when the earliest bus was. I'll be coming from Coronado Springs.

I know that may be putting me out of luck for my trip next week (I am hoping to be to HS early Monday am), but I use an ECV, and it can be just as difficult getting the Minnie Van that can accomodate the ECV. Thanks.

This morning someone saw a minnie van around 5:15 at BC (maybe arranged in advance since they don't normally start so early) and Mears has an accessible van/taxi that you can call and arrange in advance if you decide not to trust the bus situation. It's probably expensive but at least you wouldn't have to guess when you might get a bus.

edited to add:

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Does the whole party need to be in line to get assigned a Boarding Group or can one member of the family get everyone in the Boarding Group?

Heading down to Disney for Christmas with the family, 10 of us total. So can I wake up and get in line for the Boarding Group and get my whole family in withe Boarding Group with me or do we all (10 of us) need to be up early and in line to get into the Boarding Group?

Thanks!
Everybody needs to wake up early.

drew81

Thanks!
You will all need to be there. If the ticket hasn’t been read at the scanner you can’t include them in the boarding group.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom