News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Touchdown

Aren’t we feeling entitled? Apparently we can’t throw money at this problem.

That’s for Disney to decide, I was under the assumption that a publicly traded company exists to make money, but hey I might be wrong. Also this is exactly what the product I bought advertised, if it’s not going to live up to what was promised why begrudge me canceling?

ToTBellHop

That’s for Disney to decide, I was under the assumption that a publicly traded company exists to make money, but hey I might be wrong. Also this is exactly what the product I bought advertised, if it’s not going to live up to what was promised why begrudge me canceling?
They advertised Rise of the Resistance being included?

mikejs78

Premium Member
Pot calling kettle black. Going back through your posting history has almost been like reading an apologist/sycophant for everything Star Wars Disney has done. So with all due respect please don't talk about my credibility, I'm perfectly comfortable pointing out things you don't want to hear. Is it a forum rule that I have to like everything Disney has done?

When they do something right they get credit for it, however as of recently with things like unrelenting upcharges, price increases, budget cuts, service cuts, destroying EPCOT, etc. they haven't won much praise from me.
That's a very selective reading of my posting history. I tend to defend Disney more than some others because I think the criticism tends towards whining and being unjustified in many cases - but I'm hardly a sycophant, and frankly find that term rather insulting. I can point to numerous examples where I've been critical of Disney:
  • I've stated that their price increases have been too aggressive, and they may have priced out many of their APs, especially in California
  • I've criticized their opening of Galaxy's edge unfinished back in September - huge mistake
  • I've criticized the way they've been doing park openings, especially in regards to misleading information
  • I've criticized the upcoming nighttime show at Epcot and have mourned the end of RoE
  • I've criticized the overall direction for Epcot and the removal of FoN and of Communicore
  • I've criticized their introduction of the parking policy, dog policy, etc, without much notice
Just to name a few... And I'm sure I could point out more if I took the time to go back.

The difference is, although you say "When they do something right they get credit for it", I can't see a single place where you've done that. You can't even give them credit for giving out free parkhoppers to those boarding groups that didn't get called, for goodness sake. How can you not give them credit for that?

There's a difference between someone who may lean towards optimist/pessimist but still gives criticism and/or praise based on different actions, and someone who is either a pixie duster where Disney can do no wrong, or a critic where Disney can do no right. I lean towards being an optimist who does criticize at times when I think it's warranted. You seem to be a critic where Disney can do no right.

I've listed several areas where I think Disney deserves criticism. Can you name a few, or even one thing where you think Disney has done the right thing recently?

RSoxNo1

Hagrid's proved that to be false. People will line up for 10 hours...

And FoP has gotten up to the 4-6 hour mark on many occasions.
Yes, but there aren't as many people that will wait 10 hours as there are that will wait 1 hour. It's a simply supply/demand curve.

Hagrid's also only had those waits on the first day or two despite it's operational issues. Much beyond opening week I don't believe it surpassed 4 hour waits. It's also a more limiting ride (meaning less people can ride it).

The demand for either attraction is a good problem to have. The operational issues that each attraction has is not a good problem to have.

DisneyJoe

This morning someone saw a minnie van around 5:15 at BC (maybe arranged in advance since they don't normally start so early) and Mears has an accessible van/taxi that you can call and arrange in advance if you decide not to trust the bus situation. It's probably expensive but at least you wouldn't have to guess when you might get a bus.

edited to add:

Thank you!

RSoxNo1

That was a solid plan until you realize that it probably would have compounded the problem not relieve it. It would have just drawn more people to the park. Then the sign out front would have been, "We're Sorry but the park is at capacity".
If it was having the same operational issues they'd be forced to do an either or virtual queue.

The real move as we've said on here time and time again was to build MaMRR elsewhere in the park and give GMR a proper refurb following the Toy Story Land opening.

RSoxNo1

Whats misleading? A bad situation made by who authorised it to open when not ready. Boarding groups are not a symptom of this. They will be used in future.
The part that's misleading is the "everyone that wants to ride it should be able to". It's a somewhat arbitrary bar, that's all. I mean if I go into the Magic Kingdom I may want to ride 15 things, but I probably don't leave unhappy if I only ride 12. With a new ride, the demand is substantially higher and the first ride on that new ride isn't the same as the 50th ride on Tower of Terror.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I've listed several areas where I think Disney deserves criticism. Can you name a few, or even one thing where you think Disney has done the right thing recently?

I’ve been quite supportive of efforts made to improve guest flow and security, the improvements to the monorail and TLC given is great, Pandora was amazing, Disney after hours, even SWGE (the land, not the rollout or ride) in my review. Like I said when Disney does right they get credit for it, when they don’t I call them out.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I’ve been quite supportive of efforts made to improve guest flow and security, the improvements to the monorail and TLC given is great, Pandora was amazing, Disney after hours, even SWGE (the land, not the rollout or ride) in my review. Like I said when Disney does right they get credit for it, when they don’t I call them out.
Fair enough, thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom