News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Touchdown

I hope the mistakes they consider is how poorly they have treated the average resort guest, if word gets out that you need to provide your own transportation to get on the hot ride people are going to cancel bookings.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Rose colored glasses don't look good on me.

What they are doing is built on necessity to avoid a repeat of the SWGE opening debacle, not because they give two bleeps about guests.
It's not Rose colored glasses, it's a balanced perspective. To say everything is wrong actually harms your credibility to be honest. To state what you believe is wrong while at the same time pointing out positive things adds to credibility.

Otherwise, it just comes across as having an axe to grind.

Also, MFSR did not have the same reliability problem - yet they did extra extra magic hours for two months with no paid events. 🤔

KevinPage

If I’m not mistaken the handed out fastpass for not making your boarding group is only valid for the following immediate day. Is that not correct?

Correct, it says the next day but I’m sure they have some unwritten leniency (as guests can’t always get there the next day). Most people use it by day stamped and those who didn’t is probably so small you don’t hear reports of it online. Disney doesn't want to cause disruption/upset guests over such a small number of people.

RSoxNo1

Build higher capacity rides? Don’t open them until their ready? As stated above, on a normal day the average DHS capacity who want to should all be able to rise Rise once if it runs at capacity.
This is somewhat misleading. TEA's numbers last year put the daily attendance at around 30,000 a day. I know that not every guest wants to ride every ride but a new E-ticket should certainly be able to accommodate more than 50% of the daily attendance. As far as I know, Flight of Passage is running at or close to it's designed capacity and is still significantly underbuilt. The designed capacity of this is higher than Flight of Passage but it's not approaching that right now.

The ride isn't ready to be open, but I think the boarding groups are an acknowledgement of that. This is making the best out of a bad situation.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is somewhat misleading. TEA's numbers last year put the daily attendance at around 30,000 a day. I know that not every guest wants to ride every ride but a new E-ticket should certainly be able to accommodate more than 50% of the daily attendance. As far as I know, Flight of Passage is running at or close to it's designed capacity and is still significantly underbuilt. The designed capacity of this is higher than Flight of Passage but it's not approaching that right now.

The ride isn't ready to be open, but I think the boarding groups are an acknowledgement of that. This is making the best out of a bad situation.
Whats misleading? A bad situation made by who authorised it to open when not ready. Boarding groups are not a symptom of this. They will be used in future.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
It's not Rose colored glasses, it's a balanced perspective. To say everything is wrong actually harms your credibility to be honest. To state what you believe is wrong while at the same time pointing out positive things adds to credibility.

Otherwise, it just comes across as having an axe to grind.

Also, MFSR did not have the same reliability problem - yet they did extra extra magic hours for two months with no paid events. 🤔

Pot calling kettle black. Going back through your posting history has almost been like reading an apologist/sycophant for everything Star Wars Disney has done. So with all due respect please don't talk about my credibility, I'm perfectly comfortable pointing out things you don't want to hear. Is it a forum rule that I have to like everything Disney has done?

When they do something right they get credit for it, however as of recently with things like unrelenting upcharges, price increases, budget cuts, service cuts, destroying EPCOT, etc. they haven't won much praise from me.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Pot calling kettle black. Going back through your posting history has almost been like reading an apologist/sycophant for everything Star Wars Disney has done. So with all due respect please don't talk about my credibility, I'm perfectly comfortable pointing out things you don't want to hear. Is it a forum rule that I have to like everything Disney has done?

When they do something right they get credit for it, however as of recently with things like unrelenting upcharges, price increases, budget cuts, service cuts, destroying EPCOT, etc. they haven't won much praise from me.
Some of us walk a fine line between duster and disaster.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I hope the mistakes they consider is how poorly they have treated the average resort guest, if word gets out that you need to provide your own transportation to get on the hot ride people are going to cancel bookings.

Cancel thousands in soending because they had to buy a 15 dollar uber once or twice? Whatever...

Meanwhile.. the same people are paying 30 dollars every meal for a 9 dollar plate...

el_super

It’s nowhere near 15k.

But... Does it matter? Disney has a long history of opening delays, technical malfunctions and operational blunders going back to 1955. Its just part of the business.

And for the people who have been on the ride and enjoyed it, Disney has met all the expectations and exceeded then. Conceptually, does it really make sense to keep the ride closed and disappoint a larger group of people than opening it to the few?

ToTBellHop

You had to get through the turnstyle by 7:15 AM.
That means if you got to the park security/entrance by 7 AM you probably didn't get through the turnstyle in time.

The trend will get earlier and earlier in the following days as those who didn't get in will start arriving earlier.
If you arrived at 7 am, you weren’t ready for a 7 am open. This has been the case at every park for years. Even at the least popular Epcot, which apparently is so unpopular that a 9 am open Christmas week is “good enough!” everybody knows you better arrive by 8:15 if you actually want to beat the crowd to (undoubtedly broken-down) Test Track. At least I’ll get to sleep in on Epcot morning...

Darth Snips

Whats misleading? A bad situation made by who authorised it to open when not ready. Boarding groups are not a symptom of this. They will be used in future.
This is interesting. Are you implying that the boarding groups' purpose is not to account for low capacity and high demand? Are you able to share what their real purpose is?

DisneyJoe

Did anyone take Disney transportation this morning? I am wondering when the earliest bus was. I'll be coming from Coronado Springs.

I know that may be putting me out of luck for my trip next week (I am hoping to be to HS early Monday am), but I use an ECV, and it can be just as difficult getting the Minnie Van that can accomodate the ECV. Thanks.
I've heard buses began at 5am and boats around 5:15am...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom