News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

They've got to honor a week's worth of FPs handed out after ride breakdowns, today.
If I’m not mistaken the handed out fastpass for not making your boarding group is only valid for the following immediate day. Is that not correct?
This was what was given out on day one. Unless that’s changed the fastpass returners today should only be boarding groups not called yesterday, which appeared to be zero.
30D39A9A-8477-4849-A6D0-0C04CA29195E.jpeg

mikejs78

Premium Member
I mean the first couple of days they had boarding groups in the 120's, now it seems like it tops out in the 70's.

For those who've ridden it, what's the average wait time? I would imagine it's minimal to ensure that boarding groups continue to be called on schedule.

Most days have been in the 80s and 90s with some days going into the low 100s. I haven't seen many top out in the 70s.

Or they offer the upcharge paid option to go and do whatever you want to do. (That's the Disney way)

Why bring that up? Disney could have easily put in paid upcharge events here but they didn't. Instead they've extended park hours and increased EMH from 1 hour a week to 4.

I know you're fairly down on Disney, but can you at least give credit where it's due? Disney has been expanding hours to try to accommodate more guests, and when they can't accommodate those they gave boarding passes to, they are giving out free park tickets.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Why bring that up? Disney could have easily put in paid upcharge events here but they didn't. Instead they've extended park hours and increased EMH from 1 hour a week to 4.

I know you're fairly down on Disney, but can you at least give credit where it's due? Disney has been expanding hours to try to accommodate more guests, and when they can't accommodate those they gave boarding passes to, they are giving out free park tickets.

The only reason they can't monetize it now is because it can't run reliably enough to accommodate those willing to pay extra for it and the standard guest. Cutting out standard guests for upcharge ones at this point would result in optics that would be awful even for the likes of @realBobChapek. As soon as it can be run reliably without breaking down every couple of hours, you bet they're going to upcharge the hell out of it.

disneygeek90

Let's hope Disney learns from this and is better prepared for the onslaught of guests they'll get at EPCOT for Moana's water walk through.:D
Or, you know, GOTG.

I’m not surprised at all this is happening. It’s what happens when you take one of the biggest, most iconic franchises of all time, and combine it with an attraction that’s unlike any other.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am curious how the number of available boarding groups vary by day. (I guess they have to leave room for people who missed it the previous days due to breakdown?) Whatever it is, Disney I've never seen Disney working so hard to control/restrict ridership and capacity on ROTR.
mistakes have been made this week that are being learnt from.

They still don’t have a choice given how restricted the rides capacity is at the moment.

AshaNeOmah

mistakes have been made this week that are being learnt from.

They still don’t have a choice given how restricted the rides capacity is at the moment.

Do you know, or can you share, what the most common cause of breakdown currently is? I've not ridden yet, but I figure it's one of the transitions between ride 'types'. I'd hope it's not a problem with the trackless ride system.

rnese

Or, you know, GOTG.

I’m not surprised at all this is happening. It’s what happens when you take one of the biggest, most iconic franchises of all time, and combine it with an attraction that’s unlike any other.
It was more a dig at the fact that there's actually going to be an "attraction" based on Moana...in EPCOT.

jt04

The only reason they can't monetize it now is because it can't run reliably enough to accommodate those willing to pay extra for it and the standard guest. Cutting out standard guests for upcharge ones at this point would result in optics that would be awful even for the likes of @realBobChapek. As soon as it can be run reliably without breaking down every couple of hours, you bet they're going to upcharge the hell out of it.

Which will make it more likely the board will approve more E+ attractions in the future.

It appears Orlando attractions are nowhere near peak demand if they give people something compelling to show up for. IMO.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Can't you say one positive thing? How about the park hoppers being given out? They did not have to do that.

lentesta

Premium Member
This was what was given out on day one. Unless that’s changed the fastpass returners today should only be boarding groups not called yesterday, which appeared to be zero. View attachment 432522

I was told by several CMs over several days that they'll honor them for up to a week. I think they realize that people may have already made other plans for the next day.

lentesta

Premium Member
If I’m not mistaken the handed out fastpass for not making your boarding group is only valid for the following immediate day. Is that not correct?

See above - CMs seem to be honoring them for up to a week.

This makes sense - most people today already have plans for tomorrow. It'd be tough for Disney to say both "we wasted your time today with an unreliable ride" and "if you really want to ride, we insist you come back tomorrow and try again." A week is a good window.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom