News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So that this thread is just for reporting on BG status, please take other discussions to these threads...

On the topic of BG/VQs in general....

On the attraction, Rise of the Resistance....

On Star Wars Land in general....

SoFloMagic

I don't know. my earlier post had suggestions from other people.
1) limit in state AP holders to one ride per week
2) open morning EMH for resorts guests only 1 day or 2 days a week
3) stagger BGs throughout day

again not my suggestions, just others I've read that would make it more fair to everyone not named disneygeek
Limit FL passholders so that you don't have to wake up early? Wow.

If you wanna ride it, get there at 6:30. This isn't rocket science.

MJJME

Yes. Another person who hasn't read the posts. Those weren't my suggestions. Disney is conducting surveys to possibly change the way you access the ride.

my point was the vast majority of people at Disney do not get up at 5:30 to get on a ride and the small minority (likely you) Do and that's why Disney started the surveys. I suggested tweaking the BG process to prevent Disney from going to FP/standby and keeping BG by satisfying the majority by making small tweaks that would not overall affect the BG process.

but if you'd rather FP and waiting in 4+ hour standby lines then stick to your non rocket science argument and continue shutting out a large portion of Disney's customers instead of tweaking it and keeping your minority advantage.

MJJME

You like FOP right SoFlyMagic? Well 99.5% of you can't get a FP for it unless you are a resort guest 60 days out.

so I say to you if you want to ride it, go wait in line for 4 hours.

That stinks right?

Get it now?

MJJME

You like FOP right SoFlyMagic? Well 99.5% of you can't get a FP for it unless you are a resort guest 60 days out.

so I say to you if you want to ride it, go wait in line for 4 hours.

That stinks right?

Get it now?
Wouldn't you rather a system that you have an opportunity to get on the ride without waiting in line while Disney still satisfys the resort guests that book at 60 days?

get it now?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

I agree. If the same rules apply to everyone, then it seems fair to me. But if you don't know the rules, you could be out of luck.
So would you rather the chance to ride once a week with BG or go to FP/standby?

Please go to this thread to continue to discuss BGs. This thread is for the reporting of BG status. Thanks...

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

MJJME

You realize FL is a state right? There are people in GA that are closer then some in FL. It’s not just people in Orlando with local APs. They could be 6 hours away and coming for multiple days at a time (and staying on property) Not to mention the super locals probably have jobs so are only there once or twice a week anyway. As was already mentioned, they aren’t riding 7 days a week, the majority of the time it’s resort guests, regardless of what you choose to believe. So 1& 2 are useless, especially since you argue that resort guests don’t want to get up early.

Number 3 is just silly, people would have to leave parks/activites to rush over to DHS to try for a BG release? Or sit in the park for 8 hours in hopes of getting one if they miss the first few BG? If they are willing to do that they are willing to get up early (which as already mentioned will change too)
People that live in state but are not local shouldn't be an issue more than once per week since they probably aren't traveling that often. (Allow then to bank their one per week but need to be used each month). If you are staying in property then you get those advantages. #3 is for people that go to the parks during the day, not at the open.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Group 3!

Done the same thing each of my four rides; turned on phone 6:55; open app 6:57ish; click learn more 7:00:00; click check status; join. Have gotten groups 10 (2nd overall); 12 (3rd overall); 90 (app glitched with the something went wrong message and had to hard restart the app twice); 3 this AM (not sure where overall that is yet). Am in the line for SDD now, so not looking good for the private ride experience a couple of y’all had the other day, haha!

6FCF2A6E-1B6C-4A30-ACBD-DD9E760713F3.png

Edit - also wifi and Bluetooth turned off all attempts; Finger scanned at tap-in on all but the one I got 90, not sure if they are more prone to glitches when they don’t finger scan, who knows but I’m suspicious it may be glitchier for people who haven’t finger scanned

BG 3 called 7:12, one hour window; group 3 is first of the day after all

Last edited:

KevinPage

Group 3!

Done the same thing each of my four rides; turned on phone 6:55; open app 6:57ish; click learn more 7:00:00; click check status; join. Have gotten groups 10 (2nd overall); 12 (3rd overall); 90 (app glitched with the something went wrong message and had to hard restart the app twice); 3 this AM (not sure where overall that is yet). Am in the line for SDD now, so not looking good for the private ride experience a couple of y’all had the other day, haha!

View attachment 444988

Edit - also wifi and Bluetooth turned off all attempts; Finger scanned at tap-in on all but the one I got 90, not sure if they are more prone to glitches when they don’t finger scan, who knows but I’m suspicious it may be glitchier for people who haven’t finger scanned

BG 3 called 7:12, one hour window; group 3 is first of the day after all

Interesting method and it’s worked multiple times for you. Would love to try this but scared to deviate from my prior plans as getting a BG isn’t a “hey let’s try this out for giggles” kinda thing. 😂🤣😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom