News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MJJME

Number 3 would actually be a lot less beneficial to a lot of people with slower phones and fingers. They’re never getting on no matter when they arrive.
Might be right. But there are things Disney can do to spread out availability for different groups or different times.

I like the BG system. Nobody likes to stand in lines. But to have to be up by 5:30am to be there by 6:30 to "maybe" get a group stinks and can be tweaked

MJJME

You realize FL is a state right? It’s not just people in Orlando with local APs. They could be 6 hours away and coming for multiple days at a time (and staying on property) Not to mention the super locals probably have jobs so are only there once or twice a week anyway. As was already mentioned, they aren’t riding 7 days a week, the majority of the time it’s resort guests, regardless of what you choose to believe. So 1& 2 are useless.
Number 3 is just silly, people would have to leave parks/activites to rush over to DHS to try for a BG release? Or sit in the park for 8 hours in hopes of getting one if they miss the first few BG? If they are willing to do that they are willing to get up early (which as already mentioned will change too)
Again. Not my suggestions. Again I like BGs. Again, another person who doesn't want to give up the benefit of helping them as a small number of actual guests.

again you're proving the point of why Disney did these surveys.

Good for you. Not good for most of their guests

steveNJ

Again. Not my suggestions. Again I like BGs. Again, another person who doesn't want to give up the benefit of helping them as a small number of actual guests.

again you're proving the point of why Disney did these surveys.

Good for you. Not good for most of their guests

I live in NJ, its good for me only if I choose to be down there and get up early, just like any other resort guest...

TiggerDad

Might be right. But there are things Disney can do to spread out availability for different groups or different times.

I like the BG system. Nobody likes to stand in lines. But to have to be up by 5:30am to be there by 6:30 to "maybe" get a group stinks and can be tweaked
I think this argument has some merit. It is clear that the current BG setup benefits some groups at the expense of others. It would make sense for Disney to try something else to give a different group a turn at being favored.

Now can we move this debate somewhere else so this thread can focus on tips and reports?

TheTraveler

Easiest way to shave "managed by you" profiles off your account without Help Desk assistance is to actually have the person create their own account, you fill their email address into their profile listing on your account, then once you're friends you can unfriend them. The key is to get them to exist as their own entity in the MDE system so you can split from them.

-Rob

A question about selecting guests in your boarding party while joining a group...when you reach this page, are all friends and family managed under your MDE account selected by default (meaning anyone you would not want included you would need to manually de-select)... or are none selected be default and you need to add them manually, one at a time?

My older son and I are heading down to WDW next week, and my wife and younger son are staying home. My wife is managed under my account, but does not have any plans with us, since she isn’t on our room reservation and does not have any tickets linked in her name.

would it make any difference taking her off of my account to speed up joining a group during this portion of the process? Not sure if she would need to be de-selected from the boarding party or not since she has no plans with us on MDE.

thanks in advance for any clarification on how this all works.

MJJME

I think this argument has some merit. It is clear that the current BG setup benefits some groups at the expense of others. It would make sense for Disney to try something else to give a different group a turn at being favored.

Now can we move this debate somewhere else so this thread can focus on tips and reports?
I will start! Does anyone have the data for the consistency of the ride? Ever since the day they didn't start until 2pmish it seems to have its most consistent stretch of little down time and maximum BGs called since New Years.

UNCgolf

I feel stupid for just now realizing this, but Disney has probably continued setting the opening time at 7 AM because an 8 or especially 9 AM opening would likely be a nightmare with regards to BGs. There would be more people in the park at opening and thus more people trying to get a BG, and there would probably be people who were in the park at opening who wouldn't even be able to get a backup group. I'm sure Disney doesn't want to deal with hundreds (or more?) of people who are angry they were there at opening and still didn't get a BG.

MJJME

A question about selecting guests in your boarding party while joining a group...when you reach this page, are all friends and family managed under your MDE account selected by default (meaning anyone you would not want included you would need to manually de-select)... or are none selected be default and you need to add them manually, one at a time?

My older son and I are heading down to WDW next week, and my wife and younger son are staying home. My wife is managed under my account, but does not have any plans with us, since she isn’t on our room reservation and does not have any tickets linked in her name.

would it make any difference taking her off of my account to speed up joining a group during this portion of the process? Not sure if she would need to be de-selected from the boarding party or not since she has no plans with us on MDE.

You can hit "select all" and then click off anyone that is not there or select each one individually. The quickest way that I've read is to only have who's with you on your friends and family list so you only have to hit select all

disneygeek90

I will start! Does anyone have the data for the consistency of the ride? Ever since the day they didn't start until 2pmish it seems to have its most consistent stretch of little down time and maximum BGs called since New Years.
A few from these boards had backup groups Sunday and were not called. Low 120’s I believe.

steveNJ

I feel stupid for just now realizing this, but Disney has probably continued setting the opening time at 7 AM because an 8 or especially 9 AM opening would likely be a nightmare with regards to BGs. There would be more people in the park at opening and thus more people trying to get a BG, and there would probably be people who were in the park at opening who wouldn't even be able to get a backup group. I'm sure Disney doesn't want to deal with hundreds (or more?) of people who are angry they were there at opening and still didn't get a BG.
Yep

MJJME

I think you are right. That's why they are "stair stepping" the starting times instead of changing them for the whole month to gather data based on how many people enter the park and tweaking it for slower times (now) vs Easter

disneygeek90

You have to select your additional guests besides yourself. Either way it’s an extra click for one person or select all, so I don’t think it really makes a difference.

disneygeek90

So do we know how many days in a row it's called at least 120?
Here we go. This includes today. So, 2.
90F44B33-0FF9-4F3E-AFED-CEE7E7120B06.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom