Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Wow. That doesn’t sound promising. Hopefully when they see my 5 year old they will have pity and sit us in the front row on ROTR. Don’t care so much about the plexiglass on the other two.
Just be like "Wait I gotta tie my shoe, go ahead and let the people behind me on" lol

Tamandua

I'm not even sure how you'd request the front on this ride. Don't they assign you a color like 2 rooms before you get on the ride that corresponds to your row? Unless you know which row the color corresponds to and want to debate it with them while they're quickly trying to push everyone through to meet Newsom's fifteen minute rule, then you're stuck with whatever row they assigned you.

mickEblu

I'm not even sure how you'd request the front on this ride. Don't they assign you a color like 2 rooms before you get on the ride that corresponds to your row? Unless you know which row the color corresponds to and want to debate it with them while they're quickly trying to push everyone through to meet Newsom's fifteen minute rule, then you're stuck with whatever row they assigned you.

I don’t remember to be honest. But wherever the color or row is assigned I would ask there. If it happens earlier that’s much better than trying to make that request while they re in character trying to rush you onto the ride vehicle.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Honestly, it probably depends on the CM and if they lean toward strict rules for efficiency and safety, or lean more toward having a soft heart and wanting people to have a magical day. Neither is wrong in my book.

mickEblu

Honestly, it probably depends on the CM and if they lean toward strict rules for efficiency and safety, or lean more toward having a soft heart and wanting people to have a magical day. Neither is wrong in my book.

I agree as long as they are the latter with me. Lol

Tamandua

I was bummed to sit in the back behind the plexiglass, but I also didn't want to force some other group into the back. I'd been on the ride a few times before. They really should just limit it to one party per vehicle. The plexiglass is such a detriment to the carefully detailed theming of the ride.

mickEblu

I was bummed to sit in the back behind the plexiglass, but I also didn't want to force some other group into the back. I'd been on the ride a few times before. They really should just limit it to one party per vehicle. The plexiglass is such a detriment to the carefully detailed theming of the ride.

That’s nice but you wouldn’t be really forcing anyone to do anything. If they wanted to avoid the plexiglass as bad as you did they would do the same thing.

gerarar

Premium Member
I made this back when WDW celebrated its version’s one year birthday:
2DD17345-F572-4640-8787-A5561D4AF332.jpeg

Basically once you get to the hallways with the ROTR officers, if you get sent to the right or straight ahead, you want blue or white for the front row.

An easy way to identify where you are is to look at the interrogation room numbers which are listed outside each “door”.

The actual difference lies in which RV gets which track, as in which RV gets track A (front AT-AT) or track B (side AT-AT). That depends which hallway you get led into.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I made this back when WDW celebrated its version’s one year birthday:
View attachment 556721

Basically once you get to the hallways with the ROTR officers, if you get sent to the right or straight ahead, you want blue or white for the front row.

An easy way to identify where you are is to look at the interrogation room numbers which are listed outside each “door”.

The actual difference lies in which RV gets which track, as in which RV gets track A (front AT-AT) or track B (side AT-AT). That depends which hallway you get led into.

Thanks for sharing. Do you know if this is accurate for DL as well? Are you saying that one hallway is all Track B and one hallway is all Track A? When I rode ROTR my first and only time at Disneyland I got sent to the right hallway and got Track B. So if I get sent down the hallway straight ahead I’m guaranteed a ride on Track A? Track A looks to be the better ride.

gerarar

Premium Member
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Do you know if this is accurate for DL as well? Are you saying that one hallway is all Track B and one hallway is all Track A? When I rode ROTR my first and only time at Disneyland I got sent to the right hallway and got Track B. So if I get sent down the hallway straight ahead I’m guaranteed a ride on Track A? Track A looks to be the better ride.
Considering WDW and DL got identical versions of the ride minus some cosmetic changes, I’m pretty sure it’s just as accurate.

And no. Either hallway and all rooms have one vehicle go on track A and B respectively.

If you get sent straight ahead, blue/red is guaranteed track A when you get room #1, and orange/white is guaranteed track A when you get room #2.
If you get sent to the right, doesn’t matter which interrogation room, #7 or #8, blue/red guarantees you track A.

Pre-Covid, you were able to request which color you wanted. So with prior knowledge of what color gets what, you can get the “best” experience like front AT-AT/track A. Not sure how it is now tho.

2816D405-745D-4B07-95C9-72CB192ED271.jpeg

mickEblu

Considering WDW and DL got identical versions of the ride minus some cosmetic changes, I’m pretty sure it’s just as accurate.

And no. Either hallway and all rooms have one vehicle go on track A and B respectively.

If you get sent straight ahead, blue/red is guaranteed track A when you get room #1, and orange/white is guaranteed track A when you get room #2.
If you get sent to the right, doesn’t matter which interrogation room, #7 or #8, blue/red guarantees you track A.

Pre-Covid, you were able to request which color you wanted. So with prior knowledge of what color gets what, you can get the “best” experience like front AT-AT/track A. Not sure how it is now tho.

View attachment 556728

Got it thank you. So if I go to the right I want Blue. If I go straight, I want Blue or White. That way I have Track A/ Row 1.

mickEblu

For what it's worth, when I rode today they only did 1 group per car.

Good news! Do you or anyone else know if it’s a good idea to try to get boarding passes on multiple devices? If we try on 4 different phones for the same tickets will the system freak out? Furthermore my sister and brother-in-law have the same tickets linked to their account. Would that make the system freak out even more or is it worse to have 4 phones logged into the same account/ tickets trying to get boarding passes? Maybe it’s better for just one party to try?

I wonder because when we snagged boarding passes back in January 2020 the four of us tried and failed initially but eventually my wife got group 107. She had kept trying while the rest of us quit. I don’t know the exact Moment she got it but I remember her texting me saying she just got one (we were posted in 4 different spots) and it was maybe 30 seconds or more after I stopped trying/ app saying no more were available or whatever the issue was.

Last edited:

Dapale

Good news! Do you or anyone else know if it’s a good idea to try to get boarding passes on multiple devices? If we try on 4 different phones for the same tickets will the system freak out? Furthermore my sister and brother-in-law have the same tickets linked to their account. Would that make the system freak out even more or is it worse to have 4 phones logged into the same account/ tickets trying to get boarding passes? Maybe it’s better for just one party to try?

It definitely wouldn't hurt to have more people trying on the same account. Just have to make sure everyone is on the same page & knows how to get a group 🤣

Since the release of the new virtual queue page (the one that replaced the old one when WDW reopened in 2020), I haven't failed to get a BG. You can use my method or use what others have told you, but this is by far the fastest method (without doing API calls to websites with code):

1) Navigate to THIS screen prior to the BG distribution time. Stay on this page.

BGPage.jpg

2) As soon as your phone (or other time-keeping device) hits the time (7:00:00) you "pull down" this page and it will refresh the page quickly. A blue "Join" button will show up directly where it says "This virtual queue is closed to Guests..."

BGRefreshGif.gif

3) Once you load from pressing "Join", IF anyone linked to your account has a park reservation AND a valid ticket for the current day, it will auto-select them. (This picture is from goggle and is the WDW's party selection screen. Its nearly identical to DL's)

1621238523299.png

4) Once you've verified the party has the correct people, press the blue "Join a Boarding Group" button on the bottom of the screen. BOOM! done

NOTES:
- Doing this exactly at the opening time (6:59:59 -> 7:00:00) without waiting for a few moments after seeing it MIGHT require you to pull down the page twice if the BGs didn't open exactly at the designated time.
- Android phones CURRENTLY have a HUGE advantage over iPhone users. The Android version of the app does not have a loading screen before displaying your party. It displays the party instantly after pressing Step 2's "Join" button

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom