Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

mickEblu

It definitely wouldn't hurt to have more people trying on the same account. Just have to make sure everyone is on the same page & knows how to get a group 🤣

Since the release of the new virtual queue page (the one that replaced the old one when WDW reopened in 2020), I haven't failed to get a BG. You can use my method or use what others have told you, but this is by far the fastest method (without doing API calls to websites with code):

1) Navigate to THIS screen prior to the BG distribution time. Stay on this page.

View attachment 558081

2) As soon as your phone (or other time-keeping device) hits the time (7:00:00) you "pull down" this page and it will refresh the page quickly. A blue "Join" button will show up directly where it says "This virtual queue is closed to Guests..."

View attachment 558082

3) Once you load from pressing "Join", IF anyone linked to your account has a park reservation AND a valid ticket for the current day, it will auto-select them. (This picture is from goggle and is the WDW's party selection screen. Its nearly identical to DL's)

View attachment 558083

4) Once you've verified the party has the correct people, press the blue "Join a Boarding Group" button on the bottom of the screen. BOOM! done

NOTES:
- Doing this exactly at the opening time (6:59:59 -> 7:00:00) without waiting for a few moments after seeing it MIGHT require you to pull down the page twice if the BGs didn't open exactly at the designated time.
- Android phones CURRENTLY have a HUGE advantage over iPhone users. The Android version of the app does not have a loading screen before displaying your party. It displays the party instantly after pressing Step 2's "Join" button

Wow thank you for this!!

Do you have an android? The 4 of us have iPhones...of course :( Lol. Is it really that huge of an advantage if it’s auto selecting the members in your party now?

George Lucas on a Bench

Wow...as the clock struck 7am and I finished shaving my torso, I attempted to join a Boarding Group and was immediately notified they were all booked. What a disaster. This system has always been crap and always will be. Everyone waiting on their phones to click "Join Boarding Group" as all spots fill up in a microsecond? Complete and total disaster. I didn't care to ride it myself but hopefully I can secure one at 12pm so as not to look like a terrible host. "Sorry, can't go on the new ride. It's too hard for me to do it fast enough on the app."

George Lucas on a Bench

I agree but in the case of this monster, it's at a certain time when everyone does it at once and they immediately sell out. It's like they don't want people to be able to ride this clunker. I'm here for the old crap, but I don't even know where to begin trying to explain how stupid this is to Guest Services in an Email. I assume it would be a waste of time. Unless my complaint is about closing a classic ride I'm offended by I doubt they care.

mickEblu

Wow...as the clock struck 7am and I finished shaving my torso, I attempted to join a Boarding Group and was immediately notified they were all booked. What a disaster. This system has always been crap and always will be. Everyone waiting on their phones to click "Join Boarding Group" as all spots fill up in a microsecond? Complete and total disaster. I didn't care to ride it myself but hopefully I can secure one at 12pm so as not to look like a terrible host. "Sorry, can't go on the new ride. It's too hard for me to do it fast enough on the app."

I better stop letting my son watch the ride through.

Stevek

I agree but in the case of this monster, it's at a certain time when everyone does it at once and they immediately sell out. It's like they don't want people to be able to ride this clunker. I'm here for the old crap, but I don't even know where to begin trying to explain how stupid this is to Guest Services in an Email. I assume it would be a waste of time. Unless my complaint is about closing a classic ride I'm offended by I doubt they care.
Bummer. I've set my expectations of riding pretty low but will still be bummed if I can't. Good luck with noon.

Dapale

Wow thank you for this!!

Do you have an android? The 4 of us have iPhones...of course :( Lol. Is it really that huge of an advantage if it’s auto selecting the members in your party now?

I have an iPhone and I still usually get Group 15 or better. My dad has an Android and he got consistent group #1s on multiple occasions 🤣. Its definitely a huge advantage over the general public at least.

mickEblu

I have an iPhone and I still usually get Group 15 or better. My dad has an Android and he got consistent group #1s on multiple occasions 🤣. Its definitely a huge advantage over the general public at least.

Lol that’s awesome. Thanks again for the tips! Hope the Anaheim Marriott has good WiFi. 🤞🏼

SevenSevens

Just wanted to add, the time on my phone (Verizon - Android) was still 6:59 when it allowed me to join the boarding group. Probably a good 30 seconds before it switched over to 7am. Got boarding group 49 or thereabouts. Starting at 6:58 I would refresh the page every 10 seconds or so.

Dapale

Just wanted to add, the time on my phone (Verizon - Android) was still 6:59 when it allowed me to join the boarding group. Probably a good 30 seconds before it switched over to 7am. Got boarding group 49 or thereabouts. Starting at 6:58 I would refresh the page every 10 seconds or so.

When was the last time you shutdown or rebooted your phone? Sometimes time can fall behind on devices if you don't reset the time (by rebooting) or switch timezones (it really shouldn't be anywhere near 30 seconds tho). I dont have any way to verify when the groups opened up this morning, but that is interesting if your phone wasn't actually behind 🤔

MagicWDI

The real question is what time Disney uses for their servers. However if anyone is curious about the time on your device head over to time.gov

George Lucas on a Bench

This is probably how I got screwed at 7AM. I was using my phone on Wifi and I assumed the immediate change to 7:00 was the time to click it. People must be refreshing prior to then and able to join a boarding group.

This system is a nightmare. You'd think that for 150 bucks to get in, they could guarantee you a boarding group at some point.

Rich Brownn

This is probably how I got screwed at 7AM. I was using my phone on Wifi and I assumed the immediate change to 7:00 was the time to click it. People must be refreshing prior to then and able to join a boarding group.

This system is a nightmare. You'd think that for 150 bucks to get in, they could guarantee you a boarding group at some point.
With all the issues the ride has they can't even guarentee a ride for people who got boarding passes.

mickEblu

47D96537-976D-4249-A593-AA23713575D2.jpeg

F2E67034-5971-489F-9C05-7813F0094B00.jpeg

aaronml

It’s interesting that as part of the reopening, they got rid of the option to join the RotR Virtual Queue via a paper FP machine, meaning that unless you or someone in your party has a smartphone, you can’t experience RotR.

Honestly pretty surprised that TWDC / TDA did that, but I guess it was only a matter of time.

dlr74

It’s interesting that as part of the reopening, they got rid of the option to join the RotR Virtual Queue via a paper FP machine, meaning that unless you or someone in your party has a smartphone, you can’t experience RotR.

Honestly pretty surprised that TWDC / TDA did that, but I guess it was only a matter of time.
It’s 2021. They have no need to be using paper FP tickets anymore. WDW hasn’t had paper FP options for almost 10 years now. I was honestly surprised that DLR allowed paper boarding groups as an option to begin with. They seemed to be migrating to the centralized touch screen kiosks before the closure anyway.

AJFireman

It’s 2021. They have no need to be using paper FP tickets anymore. WDW hasn’t had paper FP options for almost 10 years now. I was honestly surprised that DLR allowed paper boarding groups as an option to begin with. They seemed to be migrating to the centralized touch screen kiosks before the closure anyway.
I agree but it was a way to get 20 dollars out of people for the convenience of Maxpass

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom