Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We have a similar thread for Disney's Hollywood Studios and has been very helpful to people.

Please post your experiences and any other useful info on your experience with boarding groups in this thread.

For reviews and general discussion, please use the existing thread at https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...tance-reviews-criticism-deep-thoughts.962188/

The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Access by Boarding Group, available from the main page. Here’s how it will work:
  • Request to join a boarding group to ride the attraction, once you have entered Disneyland park. The virtual queue will not be available until published park opening hours.
  • Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the attraction queue and you can monitor status of boarding groups from the app.
  • There also will be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland park, if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission that will be scanned upon entry of the attraction.
  • Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status.
  • Admission into Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the attraction.

TP2000

Hooray, Southern California now gets to play the Boarding Group game too!

The DHS version of this thread was really interesting and also really funny to watch play out. The Disneyland version should throw them a few curve balls owing to how quickly tens of thousands of people can arrive at the main entrance plaza.

Sue_Vongello

Will there be any preference given to Disneyland hotel guests like they did for the opening of the land? There doesn’t seem to be any information about this either yes or no.

TP2000

Other than,I would assume, that they can get into the park early on extra magic mornings without having to wait in line with everyone else, so they will already be there when the reservation system goes live.

Good point.

For opening weekend, the Reverend King holiday weekend, the park hours are as follows:

Friday, January 17th
Disneyland 8:00am to Midnight
DCA 8:00am to 10:00pm, EMH 7:00am to 8:00am (sneaky!)

Saturday, January 18th
Disneyland 8:00am to Midnight, EMH 7:00am to 8:00am
DCA 8:00am to 10:00pm

Sunday, January 19th
DCA 8:00am to 10:00pm, EMH 7:00am to 8:00am

Monday, January 20th
Disneyland 8:00am to 11:00pm

Then Disneyland goes to a later 9:00am opening time Tuesday through Thursday, before returning to 8:00am-Midnight operations the last weekend in January. The 9:00am openings will probably be more hectic than the earlier days, even though they are allegedly quieter weekdays. The tourists will be ready to go next week!

Curious Constance

Other than,I would assume, that they can get into the park early on extra magic mornings without having to wait in line with everyone else, so they will already be there when the reservation system goes live.
Good point! If they are still doing this in June, I’ll probably use my one early morning entry day at Disneyland as the day we try to get on. Although, secretly, I’m hoping it’s a walk on by then lol

mickEblu

This is true. Unfortunately I’m staying at the Grand on a Sunday. My two Magic Morning days are Sunday and Monday - both DCA days. 😞

Which now makes me wonder if I can walk into DCA and get a boarding pass? I don’t think so though.

Ismael Flores

Good point.

For opening weekend, the Reverend King holiday weekend, the park hours are as follows:

Friday, January 17th
DCA 8:00am to 10:00pm, EMH 7:00am to 8:00am (sneaky!)

Saturday, January 18th
Disneyland 8:00am to Midnight, EMH 7:00am to 8:00am
DCA 8:00am to 10:00pm

Sunday, January 19th

Monday, January 20th
Disneyland 8:00am to 11:00pm

Then Disneyland goes to a later 9:00am opening time Tuesday through Thursday, before returning to 8:00am-Midnight operations the last weekend in January. The 9:00am openings will probably be more hectic than the earlier days, even though they are allegedly quieter weekdays. The tourists will be ready to go next week!

where can i find the extra magic morning hours for January 22,23,24?
reason i ask is because coworkers is staying at the Disneyland hotel for his birthday those days and bought the so cal ticket. Supposedly that ticket comes with an early magic morning

jerryp49

If he is staying at the Disneyland Hotel he gets Extra Magic Hour for each day of his stay, doesn`t matter what kind of Admission he has. EMH for DCA is Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri.. ..... EMH for DL is Tue, Thur, and Sat which is the same for MM ( Magic Morning ) which you get when you buy 3 , 4 , or 5 day tickets.. He needs to check in the Hotel and get his room key to access EMH.. For MM all you need is the appropriate Admission ticket

Last edited:

jerryp49

FireShot Capture 307 - Monthly Events Schedule __.jpg

jerryp49

Have him check in early on the 22nd., like 6 or 6:30am . He will get his room keys even though his room wont be ready until 3pm..Make sure you get room keys for every member of his group With the room keys and what ever admission he has he will have access to EMH.. ..Every member of his group may need to show their room key although sometimes one key for the whole group may work but dont count on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom