Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

George Lucas on a Bench

Dining options were terrible though. Hardly anything was open and the only places accepting walk up orders are the churros carts, popcorn, etc. Hardly any options at all and you need to mobile order all of it. Sometimes way in advance but you won’t always know when you’re hungry or what you even want at the time.

That sounds terrible. Unlike the rest of you, I'm not big on theme park food and I think it's all a ripoff, but if I'm going to be there all day and need to eventually eat, they should have availability at the restaurants.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Today's much better than yesterday. Already at group 84 and it's only 1:40pm. This time yesterday it was only at 60, so it's about an hour and a half ahead of yesterday at this time.

waltography

Tried out getting a boarding group at noon today just to see how I'd fare and surprisingly didn't do too bad! Knock on wood things go as smoothly or better in a few weeks. 😅

waltography

Seems to have hit 174 today, which is awesome. Pretty much no hiccups today.

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 11.18.02 PM.png

mickEblu

Attractions-wise, they felt fine. Yes, little longer waits today but nothing unbearable. We got here two hours after park opening, took our time to shop and eat and still managed to get 10 rides in, which is about our goal each time.

Had we actually been planning or “trying” to do more, we probably could have. I don’t care about shows so I don’t want to speak to how the lack of those feel, your mileage will vary.

Dining options were terrible though. Hardly anything was open and the only places accepting walk up orders are the churros carts, popcorn, etc. Hardly any options at all and you need to mobile order all of it. Sometimes way in advance but you won’t always know when you’re hungry or what you even want at the time.

I want to complain About having to order lunch at breakfast but its not like I don't know that I'm getting the plaza inn fried chicken. Plaza Inn Chicken 1pm. Done

DavidDL

I want to complain About having to order lunch at breakfast but its not like I don't know that I'm getting the plaza inn fried chicken. Plaza Inn Chicken 1pm. Done

Right on. I suppose I should have said that one's mileage will vary. If someone's a fan of Plaza Inn chicken, Bengal BBQ, Burgers and Fries, etc., they will likely be fine but the lack of choices overall was still really, really sad. Plaza Inn would have been a contender for us if we hadn't had chicken and mashed potatoes the night before. But even open places like that had trimmed menus. Plaza Inn was the chicken plate and that's it. No pasta, no pot roast, nothing. -and it's like that all over the park. Hopefully you'll find enough there to love but as someone who normally really enjoys the park's food, I left disappointed.

For anyone who wants to plan ahead; the app has a list of everything available under the "dining" list, so you can get an idea of what to plan for.

mickEblu

Right on. I suppose I should have said that one's mileage will vary. If someone's a fan of Plaza Inn chicken, Bengal BBQ, Burgers and Fries, etc., they will likely be fine but the lack of choices overall was still really, really sad. Plaza Inn would have been a contender for us if we hadn't had chicken and mashed potatoes the night before. But even open places like that had trimmed menus. Plaza Inn was the chicken plate and that's it. No pasta, no pot roast, nothing. -and it's like that all over the park. Hopefully you'll find enough there to love but as someone who normally really enjoys the park's food, I left disappointed.

For anyone who wants to plan ahead; the app has a list of everything available under the "dining" list, so you can get an idea of what to plan for.

Yeah it definitely doesn’t sound ideal and it would be nice if more options were available. It’s just hard for me to get too upset when all my favorites (Plaza Inn, Cafe Orleans, Ronto wraps, corn dogs, Bengal BBQ ) are available. The process does sound annoying though. Not only that, you don’t even get your cafeteria plate at Plaza Inn.

George Lucas on a Bench

With already limited options overall, I expect vegan options to be near impossible to be able to find, reserve and be satisfied by. This is why we're probably planning on leaving the park at the halfway point for a nearby restaurant and not a ripoff Disney establishment.

Fleming's down the street has a crispy chickpea burger, and booze.

mickEblu

I forgot to ask. Which rides have plexiglass on the ride vehicles. I think I heard Indy, ROTR and POTC? Anything else? what about at DCA?

DavidDL

Thank you. Now I can mentally prepare for what I will say/ ask the CMs to avoid sitting behind plexiglass.

Yeah, thankfully @AL2000HS was able to help you out here because we didn't ride those three so I couldn't have answered for you. I'd like to add one more to the list, though: Casey Jr. But only the monkey cage cars had them.

Additionally, Space Mountain and Pirates had plexiglass dividers in queue but literally only for like the last 10 feet of the queue or so (in the boarding areas).

mickEblu

Yeah, thankfully @AL2000HS was able to help you out here because we didn't ride those three so I couldn't have answered for you. I'd like to add one more to the list, though: Casey Jr. But only the monkey cage cars had them.

Additionally, Space Mountain and Pirates had plexiglass dividers in queue but literally only for like the last 10 feet of the queue or so (in the boarding areas).

I’m happy to hear it’s only those 3 rides. Of the 3, ROTR is the only one where riding behind plexiglass would be a bummer. Been on Indy a million times and I’m ok with watching the guardians on TV through the plexiglass. Not really that important to the experience.

And no monkey bars for me. It’s the caboose!

mickEblu

With the time restraints they are focused on getting guests through quickly as possible. With some rides pushing the 15 min mark, they can't have you step of to the side to wait bc then you'll go over. Some locations have been instructed that you'll have to exit and start all over and hope for the best the next round.

Wow. That doesn’t sound promising. Hopefully when they see my 5 year old they will have pity and sit us in the front row on ROTR. Don’t care so much about the plexiglass on the other two.

CaptinEO

Wow. That doesn’t sound promising. Hopefully when they see my 5 year old they will have pity and sit us in the front row on ROTR. Don’t care so much about the plexiglass on the other two.
It never hurts to ask. My wife will only ride splash mountain if shes in the back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom