Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

aaronml

It’s 2021. They have no need to be using paper FP tickets anymore. WDW hasn’t had paper FP options for almost 10 years now. I was honestly surprised that DLR allowed paper boarding groups as an option to begin with. They seemed to be migrating to the centralized touch screen kiosks before the closure anyway.
There are still some people (mostly older people) who don’t have / use a smartphone. Re: WDW, they at least have touchscreen kiosks for those individuals as far as FP+ is concerned.

mickEblu

Part 2

AE2AD22A-024C-4DA3-A86A-393A4675FEA6.jpeg

I think I actually like Track B more

mickEblu

Track B for the win. There were a few turns that felt a little whippier. The last scene with Kylo was also timed better. Not sure if that’s solely a track thing though. The one thing that’s better with Track A is the AT-ATs are directly facing you after the elevator. The ride also felt just a tad longer.

Overall the attraction is growing on me. Maybe it was seeing my son have a blast on it twice. It was his favorite ride of the day. The first time I rode was last January at midnight after a very long and delirious day. Do I still wish it packed a little bit more of a physical punch and that the drop in the simulator was bigger? Yes.

Even the land wasn’t looking as drab as it used to. Maybe it’s just being back at DL after so long. I do wish they contrasted the colors more like the WDW version. Seems like their land has more yellows and whites and ours stays as close to earth tones as possible. Of course I still wish there was more greenery like the concept art had.

CaptinEO

It’s interesting that as part of the reopening, they got rid of the option to join the RotR Virtual Queue via a paper FP machine, meaning that unless you or someone in your party has a smartphone, you can’t experience RotR.

Honestly pretty surprised that TWDC / TDA did that, but I guess it was only a matter of time.
Where were these machines located? Were they a viable option?

CaptinEO

Tomorrowland I believe
From my experience, unless you were a hotel guest, you were roped off from everything besides main street when rise groups went online. Did these machines have a certain number allocated to them? I can't imagine anyone using this succesfully.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

rle4lunch

So, I'm familiar with wdw BG procedures, but without reading 105 pages, do I have to be in the park to reserve a BG for DL? Going this weekend and staying off site. Thx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom