Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

fctiger

Wow, very impressive! Rise seems to be operating very reliably over this past week. Bravo to the operations, engineering, and maintenance teams.

I mean they've had basically a year to work on it more at this point. Hopefully this is a sign it will just be more reliable going forward even if it breaks down from time to time like Indy.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Touche’! Poor wording on my part. Basic at trying to say, I was in the other park, trying to get a noon boarding pass for Rise but they were gone in less than 2 seconds. I was on the page where it asked me to select my party and it immediately booted me and was like, “nope! All gone suckers!”
I understood just wanted to give you a hard time

fctiger

In line for Mermaid now, tried to get a boarding pass right at noon and was kicked out immediately. It filled in less than 2 seconds.

It's crazy how popular this ride is. Well I guess not lol, it is the first true E-ticket experience Disneyland has had since Indy. But the fact they all go in seconds is insane. I wonder how long it will take before you can snag one like the first half hour? That may be at least a year away. Or maybe it will calm down after the summer.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It's only at group 80 right now. This time yesterday it was at 127. I noticed it seems to struggle a lot more on weekends for some reason.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Do we know how many are in a boarding group?
Nobody knows for sure since Disney's never released the actual numbers. In my google search, the most common guess is about 100 guests. One comment section of a blog had someone say, "We asked a CM who said each Boarding group consists of 64 people." All grain of salt stuff, but I'd agree it's probably somewhere close to 100.

mickEblu

In line for Mermaid now, tried to get a boarding pass right at noon and was kicked out immediately. It filled in less than 2 seconds.

Sorry to hear that. I imagine the are a little easier to get in the morning. Overall, how do the parks feel? Looks like the wait times are a little higher than they have been.

DavidDL

Sorry to hear that. I imagine the are a little easier to get in the morning. Overall, how do the parks feel? Looks like the wait times are a little higher than they have been.

Attractions-wise, they felt fine. Yes, little longer waits today but nothing unbearable. We got here two hours after park opening, took our time to shop and eat and still managed to get 10 rides in, which is about our goal each time.

Had we actually been planning or “trying” to do more, we probably could have. I don’t care about shows so I don’t want to speak to how the lack of those feel, your mileage will vary.

Dining options were terrible though. Hardly anything was open and the only places accepting walk up orders are the churros carts, popcorn, etc. Hardly any options at all and you need to mobile order all of it. Sometimes way in advance but you won’t always know when you’re hungry or what you even want at the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom