Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

G00fyDad

Yasss!!!! I don’t have to play the lottery on Monday and there won’t be fastpass. Best of both worlds.
It also means a standby time of close to 2 hours. So you can either purchase the ride and nearly walk right on and ride it or you can stand in line for two hours to ride it. I'm not sure what's exciting about that.

truecoat

It also means a standby time of close to 2 hours. So you can either purchase the ride and nearly walk right on and ride it or you can stand in line for two hours to ride it. I'm not sure what's exciting about that.

If it’s $12 per person to ride, then you made $6 an hour waiting in line.

Macro

Some of us can only get there in the afternoon after the virtual queue is full and have never been on the ride. I wouldn't call it exciting but at least I can finally go on it.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Genie won't be available yet on my trip next week, so I'm not sure how I will be able to purchase the ride. MY excitement is for MY trip next week, not based on the upcoming Genie rollout.

To give you some background, the first time I flew 400 miles to experience Rise of the Resistance I sat just inside the entrance to the park (back when you had to be at the park), and while listening to the cheers of everyone across the park, I got a super high boarding number and couldn't ride because I had to catch a flight back home later that afternoon.

On my second 400-mile trip (which that time I drove) I had to wake up at 7am in my hotel on crappy wifi with my heart pounding out of my chest trying to get a boarding pass knowing I only go once a year and can't just pop in whenever I want like APs. While I did score a pass it was an awful and stressful situation. I know a lot of people agree. I don't wish this boarding pass experience on anyone. I'm excited that even with a 2-hour wait, people that rarely go to Disneyland have a much better chance of getting to ride it...especially those who didn't even know they had to get a boarding pass and missed it completely.

I'm going for 2 days. I'm okay with a long wait time. Especially since I've only ridden it once, and I got shuffled past the Rey/BB-8 room, so I've never even experienced it in its entirely, so YEAH I'm excited.

Also, my excitement about no Fastpass was in regards to the entire park. It lets the lines move much much quicker and generates a better overall trip experience. That is exciting to me.

When Genie does start and you want to pay high amounts of money to "walk right on", more power to ya. I personally think it's ridiculous.

waltography

Yasss!!!! I don’t have to play the lottery on Monday and there won’t be fastpass. Best of both worlds.
Let us know how it goes! Definitely curious about crowd patterns and if/when they decide to open up the VQ since I'm bringing folks over to the parks next month who haven't been in years.

CaptinEO

Omg just open the standby line for good already. No 'test' for ****s sake! Just open it! Let people line up for your crappy ride that breaks down all the time and can't handle the capacity it was built for.
It's funny Disney has to "test" a standby line. Haven't they been running a themepark since 1955? How complex can a standby line be?

G00fyDad

This is my shocked face....
The Office Laughing GIF

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I’m here now. Yeah, it was up to 180 min early in the day, but now at 10am it’s down to 90 min, so I’m gonna jump in.
The queue enters at the same place (the turrets) but wraps back down out of the land to the bathroom entrance at Hungry Bear.

waltography

When this ride is operating at 100%, it has an insane rider through put. Its easily one of the highest capacity attractions in either park.
Is it? I've seen the theoretical hourly capacity max out at 2400 guests per hour, but even on really good days the ride really only hovers around 1500-1700.

I guess given the ambitious experience (3 pre shows + 5 minute ride) that actual max is pretty good, but it puts it about on par with GotG (and sometimes Indy) and below the true people eaters (Pirates, Small World, and HM, which are all >2500 and some even >3000).

mickEblu

Is it? I've seen the theoretical hourly capacity max out at 2400 guests per hour, but even on really good days the ride really only hovers around 1500-1700.

I guess given the ambitious experience (3 pre shows + 5 minute ride) that actual max is pretty good, but it puts it about on par with GotG (and sometimes Indy) and below the true people eaters (Pirates, Small World, and HM, which are all >2500 and some even >3000).

So can they put a boat ride in DCA already?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom