Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

Dapale

How in the world did you ride it three times?!
- First time: I entered queue immediately after a downtime and the BG scanner wasn’t signed in to her device, so she sent me through
- I re-entered the queue like a normal person and got scanned, however, for some reason it didn’t remove my BG (it didnt “use” it). It was the same scanner who just sent me through the first time, so maybe she isn’t doing her job OR the second time there was just a software issue
- I joined in again and scanned in but that time it removed my group. Third time’s a charm? haha

Don’t worry, it was just as crazy to me. I’ve never been on it even twice in one day, so it was pretty surprising.

waltography

I might be going for the first time in years in January and my gf and I really hope we can get a group for RotR. Hopefully the guns will be working and Kylo won't be in B mode still, but knowing Disney I doubt it'll be fixed by then.
Can say from being at the parks just this past weekend that guns are perpetually on B-mode but Kylo is good as new. I've lost hope that the cannons will ever all be working at the same time - they seem satisfied with just one working at any given moment. The near-misses from my first time riding way back in January though were too good for them to let go of this effect so quickly.

D.Silentu

The near-misses from my first time riding way back in January though were too good for them to let go of this effect so quickly.
Yes, having had the fortune of riding while all three were working, it truly provides a frenetic sensation with the battle on your right and the canons on your left. Moments like that are tough to get right in an attraction, so I hope a solution can be found.

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
While I think Genie+ is a major money grab, there is a very small part of me that was hoping it would be available by my trip next week. The main reason being that I don't want to have to be up at 7am fighting for a RotR boarding pass. I would have been willing to wait in the standby queue for it if that was available.

I was also a bit excited to try out the Genie planning service to see if it actually would make my day more efficient. Yes, I know many of you think having to use a phone all day is bad, but since I only go to the parks once a year and want to get as much worth out of it as possible, I would have liked to have seen if it would have helped me do more things.

Then again, the other half of me will enjoy the shorter wait times all around with no fastpass in place and that in itself may cause my day to be more efficient.

It's a two-day trip, so I should be able to do all I want to do anyway.

waltography

While I think Genie+ is a major money grab, there is a very small part of me that was hoping it would be available by my trip next week. The main reason being that I don't want to have to be up at 7am fighting for a RotR boarding pass. I would have been willing to wait in the standby queue for it if that was available.

I was also a bit excited to try out the Genie planning service to see if it actually would make my day more efficient. Yes, I know many of you think having to use a phone all day is bad, but since I only go to the parks once a year and want to get as much worth out of it as possible, I would have liked to have seen if it would have helped me do more things.

Then again, the other half of me will enjoy the shorter wait times all around with no fastpass in place and that in itself may cause my day to be more efficient.

I'm also hoping the same, begrudgingly - I have cousins who I'm taking to Disney next month (one-day trip) and I really want to show them a good time with RotR being at the top of their lists. I haven't had too much trouble securing boarding groups, but I'd hate to leave it at a question.

Rich Brownn

Here was what Genie recommended for me today at AK (For my selections I chose FOP, Safari and Navi) - I got Dinosaur, Safari, children's play area, Triceratops Spin, lunch and dinner (2x for each - must have thought I was extra hungry) and then very late in the day, Navi showed up recommending a 6:40pm time Total, complete, epic fail.

smooch

Here was what Genie recommended for me today at AK (For my selections I chose FOP, Safari and Navi) - I got Dinosaur, Safari, children's play area, Triceratops Spin, lunch and dinner (2x for each - must have thought I was extra hungry) and then very late in the day, Navi showed up recommending a 6:40pm time Total, complete, epic fail.
What a day Disney lovingly planned for you! I don't get how anyone believes the app is genuinely recommending what you would want to do, how would it know your wants and plans and why would they honor those? I will not use that at all next time I visit the parks, but I might check it out at some point and laugh at what Disney "thinks" is best for me that day. I would understand more if Disney had an actual person working a concierge / trip planning service to create a plan together with you, but an AI feeding people into low crowd areas and pushing them to eat and buy stuff is so obviously a sham.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I would love to hear other people's days Disney planned for them, could be a funny thread!

truecoat

Can say from being at the parks just this past weekend that guns are perpetually on B-mode but Kylo is good as new. I've lost hope that the cannons will ever all be working at the same time - they seem satisfied with just one working at any given moment. The near-misses from my first time riding way back in January though were too good for them to let go of this effect so quickly.

The first gun was working on Saturday.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Well, I've never been to AK nor do I know what you like, so this somewhat means nothing to me.

I thought the point of Genie was that you tell it what you like and what your attraction priorities are and it caters to that.

1637174451254.png

Did you not tell it what you prefer or did you and the system is just that bad? It even says you can swap out options.....no problem!

Anyway.....I've never used it, so I can't defend it which is what I was hoping to try next week, but don't think it will be available here yet.

Rich Brownn

What a day Disney lovingly planned for you! I don't get how anyone believes the app is genuinely recommending what you would want to do, how would it know your wants and plans and why would they honor those? I will not use that at all next time I visit the parks, but I might check it out at some point and laugh at what Disney "thinks" is best for me that day. I would understand more if Disney had an actual person working a concierge / trip planning service to create a plan together with you, but an AI feeding people into low crowd areas and pushing them to eat and buy stuff is so obviously a sham.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I would love to hear other people's days Disney planned for them, could be a funny thread!
You specifically select what experiences are a priority for you before you arrive. And then Genie promptly ignores them .

Rich Brownn

Well, I've never been to AK nor do I know what you like, so this somewhat means nothing to me.

I thought the point of Genie was that you tell it what you like and what your attraction priorities are and it caters to that.

View attachment 601299

Did you not tell it what you prefer or did you and the system is just that bad? It even says you can swap out options.....no problem!

Anyway.....I've never used it, so I can't defend it which is what I was hoping to try next week, but don't think it will be available here yet.
As I stated mt prefrences were FOP, Safari and Navi. And swapping is a joke. And I really didn't need tp eat 4 times during the day.

smooch

You specifically select what experiences are a priority for you before you arrive. And then Genie promptly ignores them .
I know Disney asks for your priority experiences, I just don't believe Disney is operating in good faith to truly tailor an experience to you that you will enjoy, they have ulterior motives. They are trying to funnel people to certain rides / areas based on what is best for Disney, not what is best for the guest. I'm not surprised Genie just ignores what you claim you want to do most. I know pretty much nobody here will actually use Genie but I can't imagine how a normal guest like a family who puts in their preferences in advance will feel when they get to the parks and Genie recommends them things that they have no interest in doing, I am sure most people would promptly ignore the app and do what they actually want to do.

I can not imagine a person who follows the app exactly how Disney wants even if they are experiences they don't care about having, I am sure there are a small amount of people who don't know any better that will, but it's so silly to me. I am just bothered by the fact that they're trying to hide it as a personal concierge / trip planner rather than being honest about what they're trying to do with the app.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disneyland will test a standby line for the Rise of the Resistance ride in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge without a virtual queue as the Anaheim theme park prepares for the roll out of the new paid Genie+ line-cutting service.

The Rise of the Resistance attraction in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland will begin testing a hybrid standby and virtual queue beginning on Monday, Nov. 22, according to Disneyland officials.

The twice-a-day distribution of virtual queue boarding group return times for the Rise of the Resistance attraction at 7 a.m. and noon each day through the Disneyland mobile app will be paused during the test.

Disneyland visitors are encouraged to check the Disneyland mobile app prior to 7 a.m. before arriving at the park and throughout the day to see if Rise of the Resistance is using a standby or virtual queue."

Rob562

"Disneyland will test a standby line for the Rise of the Resistance ride in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge without a virtual queue as the Anaheim theme park prepares for the roll out of the new paid Genie+ line-cutting service.

The Rise of the Resistance attraction in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland will begin testing a hybrid standby and virtual queue beginning on Monday, Nov. 22, according to Disneyland officials.

The twice-a-day distribution of virtual queue boarding group return times for the Rise of the Resistance attraction at 7 a.m. and noon each day through the Disneyland mobile app will be paused during the test.

Disneyland visitors are encouraged to check the Disneyland mobile app prior to 7 a.m. before arriving at the park and throughout the day to see if Rise of the Resistance is using a standby or virtual queue."

Just in time for my trip in a couple weeks.

-Rob

DrAlice

"Disneyland visitors are encouraged to check the Disneyland mobile app prior to 7 a.m. before arriving at the park and throughout the day to see if Rise of the Resistance is using a standby or virtual queue."

Huh? That's not going to lead to guest confusion or anything. The poor frontline cast members.

smooch

This is great news to me, I am considering a trip in the beginning of January with my girlfriend who didn't get BGs when she went with her family earlier this year so we both really want to ride, I haven't even been since SW:GE opened. This would be great to have on our trip if we can just go line up standby and wait it out to ride guaranteed (as long as the ride doesn't go down or anything).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom