Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

DLR>WDW

ROTR currently on group 330. :oops:

63B71857-2BF9-4DD0-9670-063AC6A122DB.jpeg

Dapale

The only reason the queue number is so high is because they're running at a much higher capacity because all of the distancing & 15-minute-limits no longer exist from the state. Even though the number seems high (it is high relative to the distancing requirement period) there was still over 2 hours of downtime today. I expect at some point they will increase the number of people per group again so the number doesn't have to be so high lol

Either way, tracking the operations since they've reopened, Rise has on average (rough estimate) spent at least 10% of its operating hours per-day in downtime, with a decent handful of days reaching 20-25% downtime for a day.

They can't open standby until they get these numbers down or else they either have to dump the full queue (probably wouldn't do this) or make people stand still for all of Rise's notorious downtime (roughly lasts an hour per "breakdown"). Hate to be negative, I want this ride to succeed so badly... It's my favorite attraction and I just want them to figure out the issues so everyone has the ability to enjoy it (too bad the ride's intended capacity doesn't even allow that ☹️)

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

The only reason the queue number is so high is because they're running at a much higher capacity because all of the distancing & 15-minute-limits no longer exist from the state. Even though the number seems high (it is high relative to the distancing requirement period) there was still over 2 hours of downtime today. I expect at some point they will increase the number of people per group again so the number doesn't have to be so high lol

Either way, tracking the operations since they've reopened, Rise has on average (rough estimate) spent at least 10% of its operating hours per-day in downtime, with a decent handful of days reaching 20-25% downtime for a day.

They can't open standby until they get these numbers down or else they either have to dump the full queue (probably wouldn't do this) or make people stand still for all of Rise's notorious downtime (roughly lasts an hour per "breakdown"). Hate to be negative, I want this ride to succeed so badly... It's my favorite attraction and I just want them to figure out the issues so everyone has the ability to enjoy it (too bad the ride's intended capacity doesn't even allow that ☹️)
disagree. people waited HOURS for INDY when it opened. the ride broke down several times and people still waited. let it be the people's choice instead of this lottery game where they might not get the chance. the boarding groups were always a dumb decision and a unfair decision when you have people take trips from all over the world to disneyland. time to open the damn line.

Dapale

disagree. people waited HOURS for INDY when it opened. the ride broke down several times and people still waited. let it be the people's choice instead of this lotter game where they might not get the chance.
Not saying that I don't personally want a standby, but I believe closing the standby in the first few hours of the morning (11am-12pm) would be annoying to most guests. The queue cannot hold that many people and at full capacity, the ride can't run that many people all day (it's intended capacity is pretty atrocious for a large-scale Disney E-ticket)

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Not saying that I don't personally want a standby, but I believe closing the standby in the first few hours of the morning (11am-12pm) would be annoying to most guests. The queue cannot hold that many people and at full capacity, the ride can't run that many people all day (it's intended capacity is pretty atrocious for a large-scale Disney E-ticket)
it wouldn't. they would wait. what's annoying to guests is creating unnecessary stress by having them play a game of musical chairs to get the chance to get in line. and your queue argument makes no sense. when INDY opened the line went all the way past main street. when universal opened Hagrid's the line went to sesus landing. the point is the queue is not limited to the actual queue they built. it will extend and people will wait.

Dapale

it wouldn't. they would wait. what's annoying to guests is creating unnecessary stress by having them play a game of musical chairs to get the chance to get in line.
I get that, the virtual queue sucks, but I PERSONALLY think its the best alternative for the overall guest experience for an entire visit. Is it perfect for someone who wants to only ride Rise and thats their only goal for the entire day? No, it's terrible for that goal. But for the large majority of people, they want to visit Disneyland AND check out the new attraction just because its new or because they heard its awesome. Most people don't intend to spend all $154 / $204 standing in that one queue. The VQ allows a lot of guests to at least experience other things while "waiting" for Rise.

You realize and understand why the VQ groups go so fast? They don't give that many spots away... Because the capacity is atrocious and unreliable ☹️

Dapale

it will extend and people will wait.
I guess I just didn't correctly word my thoughts on this. I didn't mean they'd close the line because it got too long physically, just meant that they'd literally had to cut it off because they reach capacity for the day. The capacity for the entire day could be "filled" in a queue in a matter of hours.

CaptinEO

disagree. people waited HOURS for INDY when it opened. the ride broke down several times and people still waited. let it be the people's choice instead of this lottery game where they might not get the chance. the boarding groups were always a dumb decision and a unfair decision when you have people take trips from all over the world to disneyland. time to open the damn line.
Indy and Cars break down 50% of the time I wait for them. I always stick around unless it gets so bad they kick everyone out.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I guess I just didn't correctly word my thoughts on this. I didn't mean they'd close the line because it got too long physically, just meant that they'd literally had to cut it off because they reach capacity for the day. The capacity for the entire day could be "filled" in a queue in a matter of hours.
No they wouldnt. Never did that for Indy or Cars

BasiltheBatLord

I would be interested in seeing a time series analysis of attraction down times over a number of years. I wonder if such data is public knowledge. Curious how much better the downtime gets over time for highly technical E-tickets. I think about how IJA is still notorious for frequent downtime despite having operated for coming up on 30 years.

Mickeyboof

Have the blasters in the long windowed-corridor that move into the path of the ride vehicles been all but abandoned? I was looking through some videos and noticed they haven’t been moving at all since reopening.

Dapale

Have the blasters in the long windowed-corridor that move into the path of the ride vehicles been all but abandoned? I was looking through some videos and noticed they haven’t been moving at all since reopening.
At WDW they've basically been off for a longggg time. DL's have at least been on / off since the reopening. I've rode it twice since reopening (on May 18th & June 7th) and both times the Canons were in A mode for me at DL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom