Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

DLR>WDW

Question—I got a WEB boarding pass this morning, but won’t be able to use it until after 12. Can I cancel it before noon and then try and get a ROTR pass?

waltography

Have the blasters in the long windowed-corridor that move into the path of the ride vehicles been all but abandoned? I was looking through some videos and noticed they haven’t been moving at all since reopening.
Can also offer another data point that they were on when I went (May 23). It's a shame they don't work at WDW anymore, it's one of my favorite rooms on the ride and the recoil totally sells the effect.

Texas84

At WDW they've basically been off for a longggg time. DL's have at least been on / off since the reopening. I've rode it twice since reopening (on May 18th & June 7th) and both times the Canons were in A mode for me at DL
Only one works at WDW.

SevenSevens

Interesting, they were working when we went in May. I wonder what it is about them that causes them to break down? Doesn't seem to be that complex of effect?

Dapale

Interesting, they were working when we went in May. I wonder what it is about them that causes them to break down? Doesn't seem to be that complex of effect?
My guess is that they aren't broken, but may be a general concern for downtime? Might be something built-in the system that just disables them / switches them to B mode if they are the cause of a downtime. Usually, if they're running in A mode at DL, its seems to usually be earlier in the day. Seen cases of it being an A mode earlier in the day and B mode later in the same day. WDW they might've just turned it off / forced B mode so they don't have to deal with them.

These are just my guesses, so don't take them too seriously lol

Skip

Has anyone had any experience obtaining a boarding group while waiting to park at the main structures? My itinerary has us getting to Mickey & Friends around 6:45AM - and I know it's been hit or miss on when they open the structures (sometimes 90 minutes before park open, sometimes 60). Will I have sufficient cell service to get a boarding group if I'm stuck there in a sea of cars?

AJFireman

Just looked and Boarding groups for both ROTR and Webslingers are availble at 2pm. Longest wait times for other popular rides are at most 45 min. Not sure if this has been happening lately but pretty good for weekend
Screenshot_20210808-140224_Disneyland.jpg

SplashGhost

I thought the Rise boarding groups always ran out in seconds after they go live. I just checked now though, and they are somehow still available. The park must be pretty deserted and I doubt those 45 minute waits are actually 45 minutes. I wonder if the mask requirement has deterred some people from visiting the park. The most likely case though is that people are waiting till the Magic Keys are released.

Tamandua

I went on Rise yesterday. It was easily the longest wait of the day for us, which begs the question of what good the boarding groups are doing if they're just packing the entire queue with people anyways.

Emmanuel

I thought the Rise boarding groups always ran out in seconds after they go live. I just checked now though, and they are somehow still available. The park must be pretty deserted and I doubt those 45 minute waits are actually 45 minutes. I wonder if the mask requirement has deterred some people from visiting the park. The most likely case though is that people are waiting till the Magic Keys are released.

Actually make that several reasons.

1.) Delta variant fears

2.) Schools are slowly getting back in session in SoCal. First day of school for some of the OC schools begin this week.

3.) Potential Magic Keyholders are likely holding on to their eligible park tickets to use to upgrade on August 25th.

4.) Indoor Mask Mandate has deterred some from coming.

Tamandua

Actually make that several reasons.

1.) Delta variant fears

2.) Schools are slowly getting back in session in SoCal. First day of school for some of the OC schools begin this week.

3.) Potential Magic Keyholders are likely holding on to their eligible park tickets to use to upgrade on August 25th.

4.) Indoor Mask Mandate has deterred some from coming.
I think all of those are probably factors except for the first one. People certainly aren't acting afraid. I mean... I'm sure there are people worried out there, but the tone is very different now than it used to be. All of the people that I knew who were genuinely afraid gradually stopped being afraid. The variant hasn't made them worried again. If anything, they're frustrated that the cycle seems to be starting over.

TP2000

Oh... Gawd. This is still a thing? I honestly had no idea.

They still make you get there before opening and climb up to the train station and point your iPhone at Telstar and hope you get a reservation to go on the ride?

I honestly had no idea. Why is this still a thing? It's a new Midway Mania, but with Spiderman and webs. Or something.

And also Star Wars. Without Darth Vader or Han Solo or R2D2 or any of the characters you actually like.

So you have to get there early and get a reseravation for that? And lemme guess, the new woke Jungle Cruise only has a 20 minute wait?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom